Afghanistan, now named as Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan does not own many banks. There are a small number of Afghanistan banks and the majority of them are trying to follow the sharia-based method.
Afghanistan is not an economically developed country. Still, the banks in Afghanistan try to contribute to the development of social and economic sectors through their several services such as giving loans, and money laundering.
Central Banks In Afghanistan
The central bank is a main or official bank in a country that plays a vital role whether controlling all private or commercial banks or as an economic advisor to the state.
Da Afghanistan Bank
Da Afghanistan Bank: Da Afghanistan Bank is the central bank of Afghanistan briefly known as DAB. The government bank has 46 branches all over the country. Da Afghanistan Bank holds major power & control over other commercial banks. DAB has missions like executing monetary policy, issuing banknotes, acting as an advisor, and more.
Top Banks In Afghanistan
Afghanistan has quite a few successful bank services. Among the top banks in Afghanistan are:
Afghanistan International Bank
Afghanistan International Bank – Afghanistan International Bank is one of the largest Afghanistan banks based in Kabul. It was founded in 2004 and is called the biggest lender in Afghanistan. The private bank has 37 branches all over the country, and works as a wholesale bank focused on making various organizations as clients. And offers AIB online banking service also.
Islamic Bank Of Afghanistan
Islamic Bank of Afghanistan – Islamic Bank is one of the most popular Afghanistan banks in Afghanistan. The bank works under Azizi Bank. It has now 62 branches all over the country and fully offers Shariah-based service.
Bank-e-Millie Afghan – Bank-e-Mille Afghan is the first-ever financial institution established in 1933 in Afghanistan. It was once a national bank in 1976 and turned into a private bank that has 21 branches throughout Afghanistan.
First MicroFinane Bank
First MicroFinance Bank- Afghanistan – First MicroFinance Bank provides loans to Afghan poor people, especially women. The bank is now one of the leading institutions in Afghanistan in spite of starting in 2004.
New Kabul Bank
New Kabul Bank – New Kabul Bank previously known as the Kabul bank is the first private bank in Afghanistan. The bank is now under the control of DAB & its headquarter is in Kabul.
Pashtany Bank – Pashtany Bank is a financial service founded in 1954 in Afghanistan. It has around 20 branches all over the country.
Local Banks In Afghanistan
Some popular local banks in Afghanistan situated in Kabul are given below:
- Azizi Bank: Aziz Bank is one of the leading Afghanistan banks. It has nearly 80 branches all over the country.
- Arian Bank: Arian Bank is a local bank in Afghanistan headquarters situated in Kabul.
- Brac Afghanistan Bank: Brac Afghanistan Bank, a bank that provides loans to poor people in Afghanistan.
- Habib Bank Limited: Habib Bank Limited, is another Pakistani branch bank in Afghanistan situated in Kabul.
- Punjab National Bank: Punjab National Bank is a foreign branch bank in Afghanistan situated in Kabul.
- Standard Chartered Bank: Standard Chartered Bank is an international bank that has also a branch in Afghanistan.
Afghan Commercial Banks
Afghanistan commercial banks and foreign branch banks are also gaining people’s trust & popularity.
- Bank Al Falah Limited – Bank Al Falah Limited is a foreign branch bank in Afghanistan. The bank offers loans and various services to the Afghan people.
- Asia Development Bank of Afghan – Asian Development Bank of Afghan provides different kinds of services of development in social & economical sectors.
- Afghan United Bank – Another private bank is called Afghan United Bank. The bank is situated in Kabul & works under the direction of Ashok Kumar.
- Ghazanfar Bank – Ghazanfar Bank, is a common private bank in Afghanistan. The Afghan bank’s license date is March 1, 2009, & the CEO is Jayanta Roy.
- Maiwand Bank – Maiwand bank is a private bank in Afghanistan licensed in 2008. Mukesh Verma is the CEO of the bank.
- National Bank of Pakistan (Kabul Branch) – National Bank is the Pakistani branch bank in Afghanistan. Gohar Ali Shah is the CEO of this Afghan bank.
- Banks in Afghanistan-Wikipedia
However, at present Afghanistan banks are terribly suffering due to political instability happening in the country.