The list of Kannada newspapers includes Udayavani, Suvarna News, Prajavani, Kannada Prabha, Vijaya Karnataka, Kannada Dunia, and more.
About 4.37 crore people in India speak the Kannada language which makes it the eighth language in India. The Kannada language is also considered the classical language of India.
Table of Contents
About Kannada Newspapers
Kannada is one of the major Dravidian languages spoken in the southern Indian state of Karnataka. It has a rich literary tradition and a thriving media industry. Kannada newspapers are an important source of news and information for millions of people in the state.
The first Kannada newspaper was the ‘Mangalore Samachara’, published in 1843. Since then, numerous newspapers have been launched, catering to different sections of society. Today, there are over 30 daily Kannada newspapers, several weekly and monthly publications, and numerous online news portals.
Some of the leading Kannada newspapers are ‘Vijay Karnataka’, ‘Udayavani’, ‘Prajavani’, ‘Kannada Prabha’, ‘Samyukta Karnataka’, ‘Varthabharathi’, ‘Sanjevani’, ‘Janatha Madhyama’, and ‘Hosa Digantha’. These newspapers have a wide circulation and a loyal readership.
Kannada newspapers cover a wide range of topics, including politics, sports, entertainment, business, and social issues. They also provide in-depth analysis and commentary on current events, and publish editorials on important issues. Many newspapers have dedicated sections for education, health, and agriculture, which are of great interest to readers in rural areas.
In recent years, Kannada newspapers have faced stiff competition from online news portals and social media platforms. To stay relevant, many newspapers have launched their own websites and mobile apps, allowing readers to access news and information on the go.
Overall, Kannada newspapers play a vital role in shaping public opinion and promoting democratic values. They provide a platform for diverse voices and opinions, and help to foster a culture of free and independent journalism.
Leading Kannada Newspapers
Kannada newspapers are not very much in numbers compared to the readers of India. Leading the Kannada language newspapers are here:
Udayavani is one of the leading Kannada newspapers in India. The newspaper has several sisters publications including Roopatara, Taranga, Tunturu, and more.
Prajavani is one of the most-read Kannada newspapers. The daily has multiple sister newspapers such as Deccan Herald, Sudha, and Mayura.
Kannada Prabha is a daily major newspaper published in Karnataka. The award-winning newspaper is owned by a famous politician.
Vijaya Karnataka is a daily newspaper published in Karnataka, India. The newspaper including its sister magazine is now owned by Bennett, Coleman & Co Ltd.
Vijaya Vani, another leading daily newspaper from Karnataka, India. The newspaper is owned by VRL Group.
Vishwavani News is a familiar daily newspaper published in the Kannada language. The newspaper is very appreciated for its charming writings including traditional facts and information.
Varthabharathi is a widely known daily newspaper among Kannada newspapers. The newspaper is highly appreciated for its contribution to society.
Praja Pragathi is also a well-known daily newspaper that is available in Tumkur, Chitradurga, and Davanagere.
Sanjevani is an evening daily Kannada newspaper published in Banglore, Karnataka. The newspaper is also the first south Indian newspaper to be ranked no 1 by a Microsoft survey.
Kannada Dunia is a daily newspaper published in Karnataka. The newspaper is printed in broadsheet format style.
Read more newspapers:
- Hindi newspapers
- Gujarati newspapers
- Assamese newspapers
- Bangladesh E-papers
- Belgium newspapers
- Bahamas newspapers
- Bermuda newspapers
- Barbados newspapers
- Bhutan newspapers
- Botswana newspapers
- Brunei newspapers
- Burundi newspapers
Kannada Online News Sites
There are also Kannada online news sites so that readers can read news & get updates from anywhere via internet access.
- Samyuktha Karnataka – Samyuktha Karnataka, a daily newspaper in the Kannada language started its journey in 1921. The newspaper has also sister publications such as Karmaveera, Kasthuri.
- SahilOnline – SahilOnline is a Kannada online news site covering traditional, rural news, and political news to the Kannada people happening in Karnataka, India.
- Sudharma – Sudharma is the only daily newspaper that is printed in the Sanskrit language.
- Suddi Mola – Suddi Mola, is a Kannada daily India news site based in Raichur, India.
- Ee-Sanje News – Ee – Sanje is another Kannada online news site published in the Kannada language. The news site offers religion, provincial news, agricultural news, and more updates.
- Janathavani – Janathavani is a local daily newspaper published in the Kannada language. The newspaper was founded in 1974 in Davanagaree, Karnataka.
- Karnatak Malla – Karnatk Malla is a popular Kannada online news site providing Indian news to the Kannada people based in Mumbai.
- Balkani News – Balkani News is a Kannada language news portal updating with 24/7 news coverage for the Kannada people.
- Kannadamma – Kannadamma, a general daily newspaper distributed in Belagavi, Karnataka.
- Suddidina – Suddidina is a leading news site delivering news to the Kannada people in the Kannada language.
- Kannada.oneindia.in – Kannada.oneindia.in provides relevant Indian news and information about the Kannada language spoken people.
- Webdunia.in – Webdunia.in is a very widely known news portal for serving updates on what happening in Karnataka and in India.
- Suvarna News – Suvarna News is a versatile news site featuring news and columns on various topics such as politics, entertainment, art, lifestyle, etc.
Finally, the Kannada newspapers are a great source of communication for the Kannada people for getting news around the world.
Read other newspapers:
- Sri Lankan newspapers
- Afghanistan newspapers
- Albania newspapers
- Algeria newspapers
- Andorra newspapers
- Angola newspapers
- Nigerian newspapers
- Antigua & Barbuda newspapers
- Argentine newspapers
- Armenia newspapers
- Aruba newspapers
- Australia newspapers
- Austria newspapers
- Azerbaijan newspapers
Q: What are Kannada newspapers?
A: Kannada newspapers are publications that are written and printed in the Kannada language, primarily for readers in Karnataka, India.
Q: What are some popular online kannada news papers?
A: Some popular Kannada newspapers include Prajavani, Kannada Prabha, Vijaya Karnataka, Udayavani, and Samyukta Karnataka.
Q: What kind of news is covered in Kannada newspapers?
A: Kannada newspapers cover a wide range of news topics including local, regional, national, and international news, politics, sports, entertainment, business, and more.
Q: How often are Kannada newspapers published?
A: Most Kannada newspapers are published daily, with some published on Sundays as well.
Q: Can I read Vijaya Karnataka newspaper today online?
A: Yes, most Kannada newspapers have online editions that can be accessed from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
Q: Are the list of Kannada newspapers and magazines only available in Karnataka?
A: While Kannada newspapers are primarily targeted at readers in Karnataka, they are also read by people in other parts of India and in other countries where Kannada-speaking communities reside.
Q: How do I subscribe to an online kannada newspaper?
A: You can subscribe to a Kannada newspaper either online or by contacting the newspaper’s circulation department directly. Subscription options may include daily delivery, weekend delivery, or online access only.
Q: Are the list of Kannada newspapers available in other languages?
A: Some Kannada newspapers may have sections or articles available in English or other languages, but the majority of the content is in Kannada.
Q: How do I stay up-to-date with the latest news in Karnataka?
A: You can stay up-to-date with the latest news in Karnataka by regularly reading Kannada newspapers, watching Kannada news channels, or following online news sources that cover news from the region.