Top list of Brunei newspapers delivering news on Brunei culture, Bandar Seri Begawan, travel, lifestyle, sports, finance, entertainment, business, and more.
Brunei is an amazing peaceful country of Mosques situated between Indonesia and Malaysia. An absolute rich and developed Muslim shariah followed country is famous for oil, gas & beautiful sea coasts.
Table of Contents
About Brunei Newspapers
Brunei, officially known as the Nation of Brunei, is a small Southeast Asian country located on the island of Borneo. The country has a relatively small population of approximately 500,000 people, and its media landscape reflects this fact. There are only a few newspapers in Brunei, which are published either in Malay or English, the two official languages of the country.
One of the oldest and most widely circulated newspapers in Brunei is the Borneo Bulletin. Founded in 1953, the Borneo Bulletin is an English-language daily newspaper that covers both local and international news. The newspaper is known for its high-quality journalism and its coverage of important events and issues in Brunei, as well as in neighboring countries such as Malaysia and Indonesia.
Another major English-language newspaper in Brunei is the Brunei Times. Founded in 2006, the Brunei Times was a daily newspaper that covered a wide range of topics, including politics, business, sports, and entertainment. However, the newspaper ceased publication in 2016 due to financial difficulties.
There are also several Malay-language newspapers in Brunei, including Media Permata and Pelita Brunei. Media Permata, founded in 2005, is a daily newspaper that covers local news, entertainment, and sports. Pelita Brunei, which means “Brunei’s Lamp,” is the official newspaper of the Brunei government and covers news and events related to government policy and activities.
In addition to these traditional newspapers, Brunei also has a growing online media presence. Many of the country’s newspapers and other media outlets now have online editions, and there are also several online-only news sites that cover Brunei news and events.
Overall, the media landscape in Brunei is relatively small and tightly controlled, with much of the country’s media being state-owned or state-controlled. However, the newspapers and other media outlets in Brunei provide an important source of information for the country’s residents and help to keep them informed about local and international events and issues.
Brunei Newspapers List
The majority of Brunei people speak the Malay language. But the English language is also recognized here for the purpose of communication. Brunei has a very poor collection of newspapers in the Brunei country. The Brunei people also have online newspapers for reading news easily.
- Borneo Bulletin – Borneo Bulletin, the most read newspaper among Brunei newspapers. It is considered the main source of information in Brunei Darussalam. The daily tabloid formatted newspaper is published in the English language. It is mainly focused on business news as well as sports, entertainment, world news.
- BruDirect.com – BruDirect.com is a popular online news site in Brunei Darussalam. The news site is available in both Malay and English languages to the Brunei people. The daily was founded in 1999 by Ignatius Stephen.
- Brunei Press – Brunei Press, the wide known media platform in Brunei Darussalam serving Sultan of Brunei. The media publishes two famous daily Borneo Bulletin, Media Permata in Bandar Seri Begawan. It is also the largest media covering current affairs in Brunei cities.
- Media Permata – Media Permata is a daily newspaper published in the Malay language. The newspaper is owned by Brunei Press established in 1953. The newspaper has a special feature on Saturday which covers Brunei culture, lifestyle, and entertainment news in Brunei Darussalam.
- Pelita Brunei – Pelita Brunei is a local newspaper printed in the Malay language in Brunei country. The newspaper has Epaper version and has multiple social platforms to stay connected with readers.
- Radio Television Brunei – Radio Television Brunei, the official media site under the Government of Brunei country (Sultan of Brunei). It operates different programs telecasting in the channels of television & radio stations.
- BBC News- Brunei – The international broadcaster BBC News has numerous channels around the world. Amidst them, Brunei has also a profile existing in BBC News broadcasting regional news & events happening in the Brunei country.
- Global Finance Magazine- Brunei – Global Finance Magazine is an international magazine that provides business, finance-related news on various countries. The monthly magazine has multiple sections for covering award news, investors’ data, banker’s charts, etc. Brunei has also been included in the magazine in the list of business columns.
However, maximum Brunei newspapers are published from the Brunei capital, Bandar Seri Begawan.
Read here more newspapers:
- Botswana newspapers
- Bhutan newspapers
- Barbados newspapers
- Bermuda newspapers
- Bahamas newspapers
- Bangladesh Epapers
- Sri Lankan newspapers
- Azerbaijan newspapers
- Austria newspapers
- Australia newspapers
- Aruba newspapers
- Armenia newspapers
- Argentine newspapers
- Antigua & Barbuda newspapers
- Nigeria newspapers
- Angola newspapers
- Andorra newspapers
- Algeria newspapers
- Albania newspapers
- Afghanistan newspapers
Q: What are the major newspapers in Brunei?
A: The two major newspapers in Brunei are the Borneo Bulletin and Media Permata.
Q: What language are Brunei newspapers published in?
A: Both Borneo Bulletin and Media Permata are published in the Malay language.
Q: How often are the Brunei times published?
A: Both Borneo Bulletin and Media Permata are published daily, seven days a week.
Q: Can I access the Borneo bulletin online?
A: Yes, both Borneo Bulletin and Media Permata have online editions that are accessible from anywhere with an internet connection.
Q: Are Borneo bulletin Brunei news today free or do I have to pay for them?
A: Online versions of the newspapers are generally free to access, but printed versions of the newspapers must be purchased.
Q: Can I submit a letter to the editor of a brunei news live today?
A: Yes, both Borneo Bulletin and Media Permata welcome letters to the editor from their readers. The newspapers provide guidelines for submitting letters on their websites.
Q: What types of news are covered in brunei news daily?
A: Brunei newspapers cover a wide range of local, regional, and international news, including politics, business, sports, entertainment, and more.
Q: Can I advertise in Brunei news today?
A: Yes, both Borneo Bulletin and Media Permata offer advertising options for businesses and individuals. Contact the newspapers directly for more information.
Q: Are there any English-language newspapers in Brunei?
A: Yes, the Brunei Times was an English-language newspaper that was published from 2006 to 2016. However, it ceased publication in 2016.