Here is the list of Botswana newspapers & news sites providing news on health, education, job, current affairs, Botswana holidays, entertainment, Botswana travel, sports, and business.
Botswana which is highly famous for wildlife & producing diamonds is situated in Southern Africa. The landlocked country was one of the poorest countries in her independent time. At present, it has rapidly become developed in economics, communication, media & other sections.
Table of Contents
About Botswana Newspapers
Botswana has a vibrant and diverse media landscape, with a number of newspapers and news outlets providing coverage of local, national, and international news. Some of the most popular newspapers in Botswana include:
- Daily News: This is the only daily newspaper in Botswana, published by the government-owned Botswana Press Agency. It covers a wide range of news, including politics, business, sports, and entertainment.
- Mmegi: This is an independent daily newspaper that covers news from Botswana and the southern African region. It has a strong focus on politics and business.
- The Monitor: This is an independent daily newspaper that covers local, national, and international news. It has a reputation for being critical of the government and has been subject to censorship in the past.
- Botswana Guardian: This is an independent weekly newspaper that covers politics, business, sports, and entertainment. It has a strong online presence and is known for its investigative reporting.
- Weekend Post: This is an independent weekly newspaper that covers local, national, and international news. It has a strong focus on investigative reporting and is known for its in-depth coverage of politics and business.
Other notable news outlets in Botswana include the Botswana Gazette, Sunday Standard, and Gabz FM, a popular radio station that covers news, sports, and entertainment.
Tswana Language Botswana Newspapers
Tswana is the main oral & official language of the Tswana people in Botswana. However, the English language is used here for writing. And Newspapers are here also published in the English language. Top of circulating Botswana newspapers are here:
- Botswana Guardian – Botswana Guardian is a weekly newspaper published in the English language. The newspaper started its journey in 1982 by CBET Ltd.
- Mmegi – Mmegi is a tabloid formatted weekly newspaper published each Friday. The only independent English-language newspaper was founded in 1984 in Botswana.
- Voice – The Voice, is the most popular newspaper in Botswana newspaper. It is a tabloid formatted and an award-winner newspaper for its contribution to society.
- Sunday Standard – Sunday Standard is a local news site in Botswana. The site reports accurate and relevant news happening around Botswana.
- Patriot on Sunday – Patriot on Sunday, is another weekly newspaper published on Sunday. The English-language newspaper was established in 2012 by a parliamentarian in Botswana.
- Midweek Sun –Midweek Sun is a widely known newspaper in Botswana. The paper provides news on business, sports, health, and more. It has also Epaper and supplements sections.
- Weekend Post – The Weekend Post has multiple sections of columns on news, business, African news, Botswana holidays, sports, weekend life, jobs, etc. The paper is also available online Epaper version.
- Botswana Gazette – Botswana Gazette is a daily English-language newspaper among Botswana newspapers. It is only available online. It has nearly 20000 circulations per week.
- Bhutan newspapers
- Barbados newspapers
- Bermuda newspapers
- Bahamas newspapers
- Bangladesh Epapers
- Sri Lankan newspapers
- Afghanistan newspapers
- Argentine newspapers
- Australia newspapers
Botswana News Sites Online
Botswana newspapers are getting also available online. The newspapers have Epaper or PDF versions also so that readers can read news from anywhere with internet access.
- Echo – Echo is a weekly newspaper focused on African countries’ news. The most distributed newspaper is owned by Yarona Media Holdings Publication.
- Daily News – Daily News, is an online daily Botswana news site. It is under the control of the dept of Information Services by the Govt of Botswana.
- Gabz FM – Gabz Fm is a local radio channel existing in Botswana. The channel always focuses on the listener’s expectations and airs various programs based on the opinion of the Tswana people.
- Botswana Unplugged – Botswana Unplugged is an online Botswana news site platform covering news on arts, culture, Botswana travel, and international news. It is also known as a popular magazine among the Botswana people.
- Kutlwano Magazine – Kutlwano Magazine is a magazine that publishes multiple pieces of content on Botswana people’s lifestyle, art, entertainment, and more.
- BBC News: Botswana – BBC News, is an international broadcasting channel that delivers news worldwide. The broadcaster has also a channel in Botswana that publishes regional news, African news, and events happening in the life of the Tswana people.
- AllAfrica.com: Botswana – AllAfrica.com covers different sections including trending news, rights activities, breaking news, Botswana travel, African news, and Botswana holidays within African countries and surrounding areas.
Finally, we can agree that Botswana newspapers play an important role as a source of communication for the Botswana people.
Read other newspapers:
- Azerbaijan newspapers
- Austrian newspapers
- Aruba newspapers
- Armenia newspapers
- Nigerian newspapers
- Antigua & Barbuda newspapers
- Andorra newspapers
- Angola newspapers
- Algeria newspapers
- Albania newspapers
Q: What are some popular Sunday standard newspapers Botswana’s latest news?
A: Some of the popular newspapers in Botswana include Daily News, Mmegi, Botswana Gazette, and Weekend Post.
Q: Can I access Botswana newspapers online?
A: Yes, most Botswana newspapers have online editions that can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
Q: Are Botswana newspapers gazette available in languages other than English?
A: Yes, some newspapers in Botswana are published in languages other than English, such as Setswana and Kalanga.
Q: How often are Botswana newspapers’ weekend posts published?
A: Most Botswana newspapers are published daily, while others are published weekly or monthly.
Q: Can I submit a letter to the editor of Botswana newspapers in the midweek sun?
A: Yes, most Botswana newspapers have a section for letters to the editor where readers can submit their opinions and feedback.
Q: Can I subscribe to the voice Botswana?
A: Yes, you can subscribe to Botswana newspapers either online or through a print subscription.
Q: How much does it cost to subscribe to Botswana newspaper’s weekend post?
A: The cost of a subscription to a Botswana newspaper varies depending on the publication and the frequency of publication.
Q: Are the patriot Botswana politically affiliated?
A: Some Botswana newspapers may have political affiliations, but must strive to maintain editorial independence and provide balanced reporting.
Q: Can I access archives of the Botswana newspapers gazette?
A: Yes, most Botswana newspapers maintain online archives that can be accessed for research purposes.
Q: Are there any restrictions on press freedom in Botswana?
A: Botswana generally has a free press, but there have been instances of government interference and restrictions on press freedom in the past.