A list of Australian banks including all commercial banks, private banks, Arab banks, local banks, domestic banks, foreign banks, and financial institutions.
Australia is a highly developed country among all other developed countries. The country is also known as a happily wealthy nation globally.
Central Bank of Australia
Reserve Bank of Australia – Reserve Bank of Australia is known as the central bank of Australia founded in 1960. The bank is 100% state ownership & currency is the Australian dollar. It provides services such as.
- to Government & other banks
- banknote issue authority,
- monetary policy
- banking policy
- governing payments system
Top Australian Banks
Australian banks have a great contribution to the economic sector of the county. Here are the top Australian banks are given below.
AMP Bank is one of the biggest Australian banks offering banking products such as home loans, saving accounts, financial advice, and more. It is a public company that started in 1849.
Australia & New Zealand Banking Group is the second-largest multinational bank in Australian banks. The bank has several branches in 34 different countries.
Bank Australia is a customer-owned bank based in Kew, Victoria. The bank is a member of the Australian Banking Association & a certified corporation.
Bank First is previously known as Victoria Teachers Mutual Bank mainly focuses on education & healthcare communities. The bank was founded in 1972 based in Victoria, Australia.
Bank of Melbourne is a renowned commercial bank among Australian banks owned by Westpac that has nearly 85 branches in the country.
Bank of Queensland is a retail bank based in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. The Consumer bank has 160 branches all over the country.
BankSA is the largest private bank in South Australia founded in 1848, it is being operated by one of the largest groups named Westpac.
BankVic is a mutual bank among Australian banks, the bank is not focused on profit but rather on financial security. It mainly works for public servants such as emergency services, health workers, and police.
Bankwest which is previously known as The Bank of Western Australia is a leading bank in Western Australia. The bank is under the control of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
Bendigo & Adelaide Bank is a public retail bank among Australian banks. The bank has several subsidiary banks throughout the country.
Read more about banks:
Australian Mutual Banks
Australia has numerous mutual banks, and multinational banks whether they are focused on one category or different categories.
- Beyond Bank Australia – Beyond Bank is a customer-owned bank or a mutual bank based in South Australia.
- Clean Energy Finance Corporation – Clean Energy Finance Corporation is a Government bank that is mainly a green bank focused on increasing flows in the energy sector.
- Commonwealth Bank – Commonwealth Bank is one of the biggest banks in Australia and is also a multinational bank. The public bank offers multiple services such as retail, business, institutional banking, etc.
- Greater Bank – Greater Bank is a leading mutual bank among Australian banks based in Hamilton, New South Wales. The customer-owned bank has 59 branches all over the country.
- IMB Bank – IMB Bank is one of the largest mutual banks in Australia that is founded in 1880 based in New South Wales.
- Macquarie Bank – Macquarie Bank is one of the biggest banks in Australia, also known as a global bank serving worldwide.
- ME Bank – ME Bank is a direct bank that offers its service via online banking which has no branch in Australia.
- National Australia Bank – National Australia Bank is one of the largest banks in Australia, the bank is also counted as a top international bank.
- Newcastle Permanent Building Society – Newcastle Permanent Building Society is one of the strongest private banks based in New South Wales, Australia.
- P&N Bank – P&N Bank which is a sector of Police & Nurses Limited, is a mutual bank managed by Western Australia.
- Regional Australia Bank – Regional Australia Bank is a regional bank, also a mutual bank that has multiple branches in New South Wales.
- St George Bank – St George Bank is one of the best banks in Australia serving with a huge number of retail branches and ATM machines.
- Suncorp Bank – Suncorp Bank is the sixth-largest bank in Australia founded in 1920 and owned by Suncorp Group.
- Teachers Mutual Bank – Teacher Mutual Bank is another largest bank in Australia that is focused primarily on teachers’ wellbeing.
- Tyro Payments – Tyro Payments is an innovative and multiple award winner banks among Australian banks based in Sydney.
- UP – UP is an Australian neo bank that continues its works as online banking without any physical branches.
- Volt bank – Volt Bank is the first-ever bank to obtain the new licensing framework which is also counted as the first retail bank doing so.
- Westpac – Westpac is the largest bank in Australia that has achieved the commercial bank in Australia, also owns BankSA, St George Bank, Bank of Melbourne.
Foreign Australian Banks
There are also many foreign-owned subsidiary banks in the country as their consumer grew rapidly worldwide.
- Arab Bank – Arab Bank is one of the largest financial banks in the Middle East based in Jerusalem that has branches in Australia too.
- Bank of China – Bank of China is one of the biggest commercial China banks in the world and also has branches in Australia.
- Citibank – Citibank is a world-famous bank that is available in Australia and has services such as credit cards, savings, loans,s and more.
- HSBC Bank – HSBC Bank is another internationally recognized commercial bank in Australia that is founded in 1985.
- HDFC Bank – HDFC Bank is the largest private bank in India established in 1994 that has also one of the largest employers in India.
- ING Bank – ING Bank is the first-ever retail bank in Australia established in 1999 and slowly became one of the leading banks in the country.
- Rabobank – Rabobank is a Dutch multinational bank in Australia that started its journey in 1895, and is focused as a local bank server.
Banks In Australia
Foreign banks branches are now available throughout the world. As the servings are getting popular by the consumers.
- ABN Amro Bank N.V. – ABN Amro Bank N.V. is the largest bank in Amsterdam, Netherlands owned by ABN Amro Group
- Bank of America, National Association – Bank of America National Association is a multinational bank and financial services company based in America.
- Bank of Communications Co. Ltd – Bank of Communications Co. Ltd is one of the largest banks based in Mainland, China.
- Barclays Capital – Barclays Capital is a commercial bank and investment or a multinational bank based in British.
- BNP Paribas – BNP Paribas is the largest bank in French and one of the largest banks in the world that has branches in Australia.
- China Everbright Bank – China Everbright Bank is a partially state-owned bank in China and is also a joint-stock commercial bank.
- Credit Suisse – Credit Suisse is an international investment bank based in Switzerland that is founded in 1856.
- Deutsche Bank AG – Deutsche Bank AG is a multinational bank based in German also considered one of the largest financial banks.
- HSBC Bank plc – A British-origin multinational bank that is also a popular international bank is HSBC Bank plc.
- ING Bank NV – ING Bank NV is another Netherland-based famous multinational bank and financial institution.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association – JPMorgan Chase Bank is one of the largest multinational banks in the world.
- Mizuho Corporate Bank, Ltd – Mizuho Corporate Bank is the second biggest multinational bank based in Japan.
- National Bank of Greece – National Bank of Greece is a Greece-based national bank and financial company serving globally.
- Oversea Chinese Banking Corporation Limited – Oversea Chinese Banking Corporation Limited is a multinational bank based in Singapore, considered the second largest bank in SouthAsia.
- Royal Bank of Canada – Royal Bank of Canada is the largest multinational bank in Canada founded in 1864.
- Societe Generale – Societe Generale is the sixth-largest bank in Europe, is a multinational bank based in French
- Standard Chartered Bank – Standard Chartered Bank is a British multinational bank based in London, also one of the best banks in Australia.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation – Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation is one of the largest Japanese banks that have branches in Australia.
- The Northern Trust Company – The Northern Trust Company is one of the oldest continuous banks in the world based in Chicago, U.S.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland PC – The Royal Bank of Scotland PC is a major consumer bank based in Scotland that has numerous branches around the world.
- UBS AG – UBS AG is the most important Swiss bank and the largest private bank in the world among the international banks.
- United Overseas Bank Limited – United Overseas Bank Limited is the third largest bank in SouthAsia based in Singapore.
- Woori Bank – Woori Bank is one of the largest domestic banks based in Korea and has many branches throughout the world.
Hence, Australian banks help variously whether taking loans, people’s savings, or investing in different businesses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
What are the major banks in Australia?
There are many popular banks in Australia. Among the major banks are the National Australia Bank, Commonwealth Bank, Westpac, and Australia and New Zealand Banking Group.
Which is the best bank in Australia?
There are multiple different categorized banks, people can select according to their needs and choice. As different banks are doing best in different sections so the best bank in Australia is tough to choose. But recently Commonwealth Bank is the best bank to be counted.
Read major newspapers from Newspapers Store.