A list of Serbian newspapers contains sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, national news, and international news.
Serbia is one of the developing countries that is located in Central Europe. The country is known for its beautiful palaces, the capital city, and the famous tennis player Novak Djokovic.
About Serbian Newspapers
Serbian newspapers have a rich history and play an important role in the country’s media landscape. Serbia has a diverse range of newspapers that cater to different interests and political views.
One of the oldest newspapers in Serbia is Politika, which was first published in 1904 and remains one of the most widely read and respected newspapers in the country. It is known for its quality journalism, comprehensive coverage of national and international news, and editorial independence.
Another prominent newspaper in Serbia is Danas, which was founded in 1997. Danas is known for its liberal editorial stance and its focus on investigative journalism. It has a loyal readership and is particularly popular among younger, educated readers.
In addition to these traditional newspapers, there are also several online news outlets in Serbia that are gaining popularity. These include B92, which is known for its objective reporting and focus on human rights and social justice issues, and Nova.rs, which provides in-depth coverage of politics, culture, and society.
Serbian newspapers cover a wide range of topics, including politics, economics, culture, sports, and entertainment. They provide a valuable source of information for citizens and play an important role in shaping public opinion and promoting democracy.
However, like many media outlets around the world, Serbian newspapers face challenges such as declining readership, financial pressures, and political interference. Despite these challenges, Serbian newspapers continue to play a vital role in the country’s media landscape and are an important source of information and opinion for citizens.
Top Serbian Newspapers
Here are the top Serbian newspapers in the Serbian language mentioned below.
Danas is an independent Berliner formatted daily newspaper among Serbian newspapers that is also considered a newspaper of record in Belgrade. newspaper
Kurir is a tabloid-formatted daily newspaper in the Serbian language that is distributed in Belgrade covering national news and international news.
Pravda is a leading online tabloid formatted newspaper among Serbian newspapers that is distributed in Belgrade, Serbia, and was established in 2007.
Dnevnik is a well-known Berliner formatted daily newspaper among Serbia newspapers in the Serbian language that is published in 1942.
Beograd is a leading local newspaper that reports news on health, education, business, culture, and lifestyle in the Serbian and English languages.
Studio B delivers relevant information, political articles, trending topics, and discussions in the English language for Serbian people.
Sportski zurnal is a leading tabloid-formatted daily newspaper in the Serbian language covering different types of sports news and updates.
B92.net is an online newspaper among Serbia newspapers that contains Serbia news online, Serbian news, Serbia news today, and European news.
Sportske Net is an online newspaper that mainly provides news on league, national and local sports in the Serbian language regularly.
Read more European newspapers:
- Romania newspapers
- Russia newspapers
- Slovakia newspapers
- Slovenia newspapers
- Sweden newspapers
- Switzerland newspapers
Serbian News Online
There are many local and regional newspapers that serve the whole nation of Serbia.
- E Kapija – E Kapija is a well-known regional newspaper in the Serbian language for the Serbian people.
- Juzne vesti – Juzne vesti is a community newspaper containing local news, city news, and events.
- Tanjug – Tanjug covers Serbia news online, Serbia news today, and European news for the Serbian people.
- Vesti.rs – Vesti.rs is an online news site that delivers current news and affairs in the Serbian language.
- Vreme – Vreme is a local newspaper among Serbian newspapers providing the latest news and breaking news of Europe.
- Novistandard – Novistandard is a Serbian newspaper that serves rural life, fashion, culture, food, and lifestyle updates.
- Istinomer – Istinomer is a news agency that expresses Serbian daily news, country news, and world news.
- Ozon Press – Ozon Press is a news media that casts domestic news, cultural news, and programs.
- Cacanski glas – Cacanski glas is a common newspaper among Serbian newspaper for Serbian people.
- Suboticke Novine – Suboticke Novine is a prime newspaper that casts community news, technology news, youth news, and European news.
- Aktuelno.net – Aktuelno.net is a Serbian news site publishing social news, economical news, and youth news.
- Kragujevacke – Kragujevacke publishes news flash, bulletin, and world news in the Serbian and English languages.
- Glas Podrinja – Glas Podrinja is a regional daily newspaper that is distributed in Serbia.
- Hlas L’udu – Hlas L’udu is a global news media that serves world news, headlines, and breaking news from Serbia
- Time.rs – Time.rs is an English-language news media that casts trending news, economical news, social news, and political news.
- Zajecar Online – Zajecar Online is a news site among European newspapers that has social media platforms for readers.
- JUG Press – JUG Press is a Serbian news media among Serbian newspapers available also online.
- Ruske Slovo – Ruske Slovo contains political news, business news, agricultural news, and sports news.
- VA Media – VA Media is a news portal that publishes Serbian news, Serbia news today, and European news.
- Patak Online – Patak Online is an online newspaper reporting news on the economy, politics, society, and more updates.
- Krusevac Grad – Krusevac Grad is a major daily newspaper for Serbian readers and international readers.
- Becejski Mozaik – Becejski Mozaik is a national newspaper providing different sections of news & affairs.
- Kikindske Novine – Kikindske Novine covers Serbia news daily, European news online, and events.
- Bunjevacke Novine – Bunjevacke Novine serves with news columns on sports, lifestyle, weather, and various topics.
- Belgrade Insight – Belgrade Insight telecasts country news, world news, society news, and programs.
- Nase Novine – Nase Novine is a Serbian-language news site serving Serbia news online, Serbian news, and European news.
- Hrvatska riječ – Hrvatske rijec is a weekly newspaper in the Croatian language that is founded in 1945.
Hence, Serbian newspapers online serve Serbian people with 24/7 news and updates.
Read international newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are some popular Serbian newspapers?
A: Some popular Serbian newspapers include Politika, Blic, Danas, Kurir, Vecernje Novosti, and Novosti.
Q: Do Serbian newspapers publish online?
A: Yes, most Serbian newspapers have an online version that can be accessed through their website.
Q: Is it possible to read Serbian newspapers in English?
A: Some Serbian newspapers, such as Politika, offer an English-language version of their online publication. However, not all Serbian newspapers offer an English-language option.
Q: Can I subscribe to a Serbian newspaper if I don’t live in Serbia?
A: Yes, most Serbian newspapers offer international subscriptions that can be delivered to other countries.
Q: How often are Serbian newspapers published?
A: Most Serbian newspapers are published daily, although some may be published less frequently (e.g. weekly or biweekly).
Q: What topics do Serbian newspapers cover?
A: Serbian newspapers cover a wide range of topics, including politics, business, sports, entertainment, and local news.
Q: Are Serbian newspapers biased towards a particular political party?
A: Some Serbian newspapers may have a political bias towards a particular party or ideology, but not all do. It’s important to read a variety of sources to get a well-rounded perspective.
Q: How do I submit a news tip to a Serbian newspaper?
A: Contact information for submitting news tips can usually be found on a newspaper’s website or in the print edition. You can also try contacting the newspaper via email or social media.
Q: Are Serbian newspapers in English censored by the government?
A: Serbia has a free press, but some journalists have reported facing pressure or intimidation from the government or other powerful interests. Additionally, there have been concerns about media ownership and the concentration of media power in the hands of a few individuals.