A list of Canada banks including all Islamic banks, commercial banks, private banks, local banks, domestic banks, foreign banks, and financial institutions.
Canada is a highly developed North American country in the world. The country is extremely rich in its real estate, mining, and manufacturing businesses. It is also known for its beautiful scenery,
Here are all the top banks in Canada mentioned below with brief descriptions.
Central Bank In Canada
Bank of Canada – Bank of Canada is the central bank of Canada banks which is located in Ontario and started in 1934. The bank is owned by the Minister of Finance and the currency is the Canadian dollar. It has a variety of services systems for the nation such as:
- issuing authority of Canadian banknotes
- providing banking services
- money management for the government
- controlling and operating all the financial institutions
Government-owned Banks In Canada
The state-owned bank by the Government are:
The Business Development Bank of Canada is a national bank that is owned by the government of Canada. It helps to create and develop business organizations by financing, advising services, and more.
Farm Credit Canada is one of the largest agricultural financial institutions in Canada’s banks. It serves with financing and helping farming organizations.
ATB Financial is a financial institution that is fully owned by the Alberta government. It was founded in 1938 and achieved many national awards.
Big Six Banks in Canada
There are 6 banks that are the largest banks by total assets called Big Six Banks In Canada.
The National Bank of Canada is the largest commercial bank in Canada that started its function in 1979. The bank provides financial services, commercial banking, and other services worldwide.
Royal Bank of Canada is one of the largest banks in Canada since 1864. It is also considered among the big six banks in Canada with services such as retail banking, corporate banking, investment banking, etc.
Toronto-Dominion Bank is another top bank of the big six banks in Canada and is also one of the largest banks in the world established in 1955.
Bank of Nova Scotia is known as Canada’s most international bank which is also one of the big six banks in the country with different ranges of services and products.
Bank of Montreal is a multinational bank that is based in Montreal, Canada. The bank is one of the big six banks and also an investment bank in Canada.
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of the largest global banks that was established in 1961. It has several business units like personal and business banking, commercial banking and wealth management, etc.
Leading Canadian Banks
Here are the leading national banks given below with descriptions.
- B2B Bank – B2B Bank is a private bank in Canada banks that mainly serves investment, financing, loans, and more with multiple branches.
- Caisse populaire acadienne ltée – Caisse populaire acadienne ltee is a New Brunswick based commercial bank among Canadian banks that is founded in 1946. to serve the customers.
- Canadian Tire Bank – Canadian Tire Bank is a widely known retail bank that is owned by a Canadian Tire company located in Ontario since 2003.
- Canadian Western Bank– Canadian Western Bank is a commercial bank that mainly serves Western Canada including all other provinces & has had services for customers since 1988.
- Coast Capital Savings – Coast Capital Savings is one of the largest commercial banks in Canada that has won many national awards for its services.
- CS Alterna Bank – CS Alterna Bank is a direct bank in Canada banks that is based in Ontario, founded in 1992 to serve customers.
- EQ Bank – EQ Bank is a leading regional bank in Canada that provides personal banking, and direct banking started in 1970.
- Exchange Bank of Canada – Exchange Bank of Canada is a domestic bank in Canada banks that delivers foreign currency exchange and international payments.
- First Nations Bank of Canada – First Nations Bank of Canada is a private bank among banks in Canada that is based on Chartered services since 1996.
- Home Bank – Home Bank is a private bank that is based in Ontario offering services such as mortgages, credit cards, and deposit services
- Laurentian Bank of Canada – Laurentian Bank of Canada is a Canadian bank located in Quebec and also has several branches serving the whole country.
- Manulife Bank of Canada – Manulife Bank of Canada is a direct bank that gives chequing & savings accounts, credit cards, and mortgage services.
- Motus Bank – Motus Bank is an online bank in Canada that is operated by the Meridian Credit Union and started its function in 2016.
- National Bank of Canada – National Bank of Canada is one of the largest commercial banks that has had numerous branches in Canada since 1979.
- Peoples Bank of Canada – Peoples Bank of Canada is a commercial bank that provides services systems such as mortgages, deposit cards, etc.
- President’s Choice Bank – President’s Choice Bank is an Ontario-based financial institution delivering consumer banking, insurance, credit cards, and more.
- Tangerine Bank – Tangerine Bank is another direct bank that is under the control of Scotia bank and offers a different range of services.
- VersaBank – VersaBank is a public bank among Canadian banks that was established in 1980 to serve the Canadian people.
- Wealth One Bank of Canada – Wealth One Bank of Canada is a private bank that serves only Chinese people in Canada since 2016.
Read more about banks:
Foreign Banks In Canada
In Canada, there are many foreign bank branches and subsidiary banks to serve the nation.
- AMEX Bank of Canada – AMEX Bank of Canada is a multinational bank that is based in America serving Canadian natives.
- Bank of China (Canada) – Bank of China is a major bank of China that serves customers in Ontario, British Columbia, and Alberta in Canada.
- CTBC Bank – CTBC Bank is one of the largest private banks in Taipei, Taiwan since 1966 serving in also Canada.
- Habib Canadian Bank – Habib Canadian Bank is a private bank that is Swiss-based & has branches all over the world.
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China – Industrial and Commercial Bank of China is a familiar Chinese state-owned one of the largest banks in the world available in Canada.
- J.P. Morgan Bank Canada – J.P. Morgan Bank is a popular multinational investment bank based in America and provides services globally.
- KEB Hana Bank Canada – KEB Hana Bank Canada is a commercial bank based in South Korea with services like foreign exchanging products.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation of Canada – Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation of Canada is another widely known multinational bank that originated in Japan.
- UBS Bank (Canada) – UBS BankUBS AG is the largest private & multinational bank in the world originating in Switzerland since 1862.
- Bank of America – Bank of America is a multinational bank of America that provides asset management, banking commodities, credit cards, etc.
- Bank of New York Mellon – Bank of New York Mellon is an American-based investment bank that has multiple services in Canada.
- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. – Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd is a Japanese leading bank that provides banking services globally.
- Barclays Bank PLC – Barclays Bank PLC Barclays is a British multinational bank based in London founded in 1690 that has branches in Canada.
- BNP Paribas – BNP Paribas is an international bank and financial service based in Frace started in 1848 & has services in Canada.
- Capital One Bank – Capital One Bank is one of the largest public banks in the United States with services like credit cards, loans, savings, etc.
- China Construction Bank – China Construction Bank is one of the biggest banks in China that has many international branches around the world.
- Comerica Bank – Comerica Bank is a Texas-based bank that has retail banking services systems for customers globally.
- Deutsche Bank AG – Deutsche Bank AG is a German-based bank in Canada and one of the largest commercial banks in the world founded in 1869.
- Fifth Third Bank – Fifth Third Bank is one of the largest consumer banks in the USA that started its function in 1858.
- M&T Bank – M&T Bank is a public bank based in America that has around 780 branches in the country.
- Mega International Commercial Bank (Canada) – Mega International Commercial Bank is a Taiwanese-based international bank that serves customers with commercial products.
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd. – Mizuho Bank Ltd is a commercial bank based in Japan and
also has branches in Canada.
- Northern Trust Company – Northern Trust Company is one of the oldest banks in the USA and has numerous branches nationally and internationally.
- PNC Bank – Another largest bank in America is PNC Bank offering people a variety of services since 1845.
- Rabobank Nederland – Rabobank is a Nederland-based multinational bank & financial services focused on food and agriculture.
- Société Générale – Societe Generale is a France based commercial and multinational bank
founded in 1864 in Paris.
- State Street – State Street is one of the oldest financial banks in the USA that provides multiple service systems to the nation.
- U.S. Bank National Association – U.S.Bank National Association is the fifth largest financial bank in the USA that also serves Canadians.
- United Overseas Bank – United Overseas Bank is a multinational bank based in Singapore
that has several branches in South East Asia including Canada.
- Wells Fargo Bank – Wells Fargo Bank is an important multinational bank that is located in California established in 1929 and available in Canada.
Hence, the banks in Canada present the current economical status, growth, and updates of the country.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Who are the big six banks in Canada?
The big six banks of Canada are the National Bank of Canada, Royal Bank of Canada, Toronto-Dominion Bank, Bank of Nova Scotia, Bank of Montreal, and Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce.
2. What are the top 3 banks in Canada?
Top Canadian banks are the Royal Bank of Canada, Toronto Dominion Bank, and Bank of Nova Scotia.
3. Which bank in Canada is the best?
There are many better financial services providers like Royal Bank of Canada, Toronto-Dominion Bank, Bank of Nova Scotia, and more according to customers’ choice.
Read international newspapers in Newspapers Store.