A list of banks in Kuwait includes all Islamic banks, commercial banks, private banks, local banks, domestic banks, foreign banks, and financial institutions.
Kuwait is one of the developing countries with high income and is rich in oil reserves. The small country is one of the wealthiest and the Kuwaiti dinar is the most valued currency in the world.
Here are all the banks in Kuwait mentioned below with brief descriptions.
Central Bank Of Kuwait
Central Bank of Kuwait – Central Bank of Kuwait is the core bank of Kuwait that is based in Kuwait city. The bank is owned fully by the government of Kuwait and the currency is the Kuwaiti dinar. The central bank offers a range of services such as:
- regulating the Kuwait stock exchange
- operating a firm currency system
- controlling all other banks
- advising and directing the functions
Top Banks In Kuwait
The top national banks and Islamic banks of Kuwait are mentioned below.
National Bank of Kuwait is one of the largest commercial banks in Kuwait including many national and international branches since 1952.
Commercial Bank of Kuwait is one of the oldest banks in Kuwait that has services like retail and commercial financing since 1960.
Gulf Bank is one of the largest Kuwaiti banks with 58 branches over the country and has won several prestigious awards and programs.
Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait is a leading local bank with multiple banks in Kuwait, UAE, and Egypt that was established in 1967.
Burgan Bank is one of the largest local banks in Kuwait that is also one of the youngest serving customers nationally started in 1977.
Al Ahli United Bank is a multinational bank that provides services such as retail, private and corporate banking in Kuwait.
Kuwait International Bank is an Islamic bank that has systems of Islamic banking and financial services for customers.
Kuwait Finance House is an Islamic bank that follows shariah laws and won many awards for its services covering banking, real estate, trade finance, and more.
Boubyan Bank is one of the emerging public banks that is operated by the shariah law with Mudaraba, Murabaha, lease, and more.
The Industrial Bank of Kuwait is one of the largest local banks that is established by the ministry of finance to develop local industries.
Foreign Banks In Kuwait
Also in Kuwait, there are many foreign banks to deliver different ranges of services.
- Doha Bank – Doha Bank is a Doha-based bank that has a huge number of customers in the country and was founded in 1979.
- Mashreq Bank Qatar – Mashreq Bank is one of the oldest privately owned banks in Qatar, United Arab Emirates. The bank has multiple branches in different countries including a Kuwait branch.
- HSBC Bank Middle East – HSBC Bank is one of the largest international banks in the Middle East which was established in 1889 & has branches in Algeria, Egypt, Pakistan, and, more.
- BNP Paribas Middle East Africa – BNP Paribas is a French international banking group that has many global branches including the Middle East country Qatar.
- First Abu Dhabi Bank – First Abu Dhabi Bank is one of the most important banks in the world based in Abu Dhabi serving customers worldwide.
- Qatar National Bank – Qatar National Bank is a public multinational bank that is founded in 1964, in Doha offering multiple services.
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China – Industrial & Commercial Bank of China is a Chinese state-owned commercial bank, also one of the largest global banks.
- Bank of Bahrain & Kuwait – Bank of Bahrain & Kuwait is the joint bank of the kingdom of Bahrain & Kuwait founded in 1971 serving the Middle East and Asian countries.
- Al Rajhi Banking & Investment Corporation – Al Rajhi Banking & Investment Corporation is the world’s largest Islamic bank that is situated in Saudi Arabia since 1957.
- Bank Muscat – Bank Muscat is an Oman-based multinational financial institution that serves also in Riyad, Kuwait, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1. Which is the best bank in Kuwait?
There are many leading banks in Kuwait, among the best are the National Bank of Kuwait, Kuwait Finance House, Burgan Bank, Gulf Bank, etc.
2. What are the international banks in Kuwait?
In Kuwait, there are many foreign banks, including the Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait, BNP PARIBAS, HSBC Bank Middle East Limited, First Abu Dhabi Bank, and more.
Read more about banks:
Read different countries’ newspapers in Newspapers Store.