A list of hospitals in New York includes all the private, public, general, district, and national health centers.
New York is an international media center that is extremely famous for healthcare and clinical systems.
Here you will get all the districts clinic centers and hospitals of New York mentioned with brief descriptions.
Table of Contents
About hospitals in new york
New York is home to some of the best hospitals in the world. The city has a vast network of hospitals and healthcare facilities that cater to a diverse population. These hospitals provide high-quality care to patients with various medical conditions, from routine check-ups to complex surgeries.
Some of the most renowned hospitals in New York City include:
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital: This hospital is consistently ranked as one of the best hospitals in the country. It is a teaching hospital affiliated with Columbia University and Weill Cornell Medicine. It has a wide range of specialties, including cardiology, neurology, pediatrics, and oncology.
- Mount Sinai Hospital: This hospital is located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and is affiliated with the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. It has several specialty centers, including a cancer center, heart center, and neurological institute.
- NYU Langone Medical Center: This hospital is located in Manhattan and is affiliated with the NYU School of Medicine. It has a comprehensive range of clinical services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurology, and orthopedics.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center: This hospital is one of the largest and most respected cancer centers in the world. It is located in Manhattan and is affiliated with Weill Cornell Medicine.
- Hospital for Special Surgery: This hospital is located in Manhattan and is dedicated to the treatment of orthopedic conditions. It is consistently ranked as one of the best orthopedic hospitals in the country.
Apart from these renowned hospitals, there are many other healthcare facilities in New York City that provide high-quality care to patients. These hospitals have highly trained doctors, nurses, and staff who are committed to providing the best possible care to their patients.
In addition to traditional hospitals, New York City has a growing number of urgent care centers and outpatient clinics that provide convenient and affordable medical care. These facilities are often open on weekends and evenings, making it easier for patients to access medical care when they need it.
Overall, hospitals in New York City are known for their high standards of care, advanced technology, and innovative treatments. Whether you’re a local resident or a visitor to the city, you can be confident that you’ll receive excellent medical care in New York.
Manhattan Hospitals In NYC
Bellevue Hospital Center is one of the oldest public hospitals is located at 462 First Avenue, Manhattan, New York, and opened in 1736.
- It has facilities of 844 beds for patients.
- Including different medical services, emergency, and nursing care.
Coler-Goldwater Specialty Hospital is a public hospital among New York hospitals that is located at 900 Main Street, New York, and was founded in 1939.
- Has facilities with 1,025 beds for clinical patients.
- Has special services for chronic care, physical rehabilitation, geriatrics, HIV/AIDS, Alzheimer’s care
Gracie Square Hospital is a leading psychiatric treatment system among hospitals that was situated in Manhattan, New York City.
- With the services of 157 beds
- Has treatments for adult and geriatric psychiatry, and drug rehabilitation services.
Hospital for Special Surgery is one of the oldest orthopedic hospitals in New York City, New York, and opened in 1863.
- It has medical services with 205 beds.
- Offers orthopedic surgery and the treatment of rheumatologic conditions.
Manhattan Psychiatric Center is one of the largest hospitals that is based on psychiatric services in Wards Island, New York City, and New York.
- The hospital has 509 beds for treatment services.
- It is joined by Kirby Forensic Psychiatric Center which gives services to patients with criminal convictions.
Phone: (646) 672-6767
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is a cancer-focused clinical service system that is located in Manhattan, New York, and was established in 1884.
- Space of Beds 498 for patients.
- Delivering medical services, especially Oncology.
Metropolitan Hospital Center is one of the largest municipal hospitals that is situated in East Harlem, New York, and opened in 1875.
- Has teaching facilities adjacent to New York Medical College.
- Offering a different range of wide medical services.
Mount Sinai Morningside is a private school and also a nonprofit healthcare system that is founded on Amsterdam Avenue, New York City, and situated in 1875.
- 495 beds available for treatment.
- Offering general medical, surgical, and ambulatory care.
Mount Sinai West is a nonprofit hospital among the best hospitals in New York is located in Manhattan, New York, and started in 1871.
- Including 514 beds.
- Has several clinical services oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedics, breast surgery, colorectal surgery and gynecology, emergency department, intensive care, and urology.
NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the best hospitals in the New York Metropolitan Area, New York, and began in 1771.
- 2,600 beds accommodations.
- Has been awarded as the top-ranked NYC hospital.
NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital is a leading nonprofit hospital in New York that is located in Manhattan, New York since 1853.
- Offering 170 beds for treatment
- Has inpatient and outpatient services, community outreach, and education.
- Supporting in the field of emergency and disaster management.
New York Eye and Ear Infirmary is one of the prominent hospitals in New York that is opened in New York City, New York in 1820.
- Has facilities of 69 beds.
- Treatment services such as surgical care in the disciplines of ophthalmology, and otolaryngology are available.
Bronx Hospitals In NYC
BronxCare Health System – BronxCare Health System is a private hospital also considered an educational institution that is founded in The Bronx, New York in 1890.
- It has 859 beds available for patients.
- Performing patients’ health care and clinical services in the Bronx.
Calvary Hospital – Calvary Hospital is one of the prime private hospitals in New York that is based in The Bronx, New York, and opened in 1899.
- The hospital offers 225 beds and medical services.
- It is mainly specialized in Hospice and palliative care.
Jacobi Medical Center – Jacobi Medical Center is a city hospital that is based in the Bronx, New York, and began in 1955.
- It has medical facilities of 457 beds.
- Promoting radiation injuries, diabetic ulcers, and osteomyelitis.
James J. Peters VA Medical Center – James J. Peters VA Medical Center is a government hospital that is located in Fordham, The Bronx, New York since 1922.
- Available 311 beds and 120 nursing home beds.
- Specialized in Veterans’ health administrations.
Montefiore Medical Center – Montefiore Medical Center is another nonprofit hospital that also a teaching center is situated on East 210th Street, The Bronx, New York.
- Space of 2,059 beds.
- Has treatments for especially infants, young, and children.
Phone: 1-800-MD-MONTE (800-636-6683)
Children’s Hospital at Montefiore – Children’s Hospital at Montefiore is a national hospital among hospitals in Bainbridge Avenue, The Bronx, New York.
- Has accommodations of 193 beds.
- It is mainly focused on Children’s treatment care.
North Central Bronx Hospital – North Central Bronx Hospital is a municipal hospital among major hospitals that is founded in Kossuth Avenue, The Bronx, New York.
- It has 215 permanent beds & 120 additional temporary beds.
- Providing community medical services and treatment.
St. Barnabas Hospital – St. Barnabas Hospital is a nonprofit treatment servicing center that is established in Third Ave, The Bronx, New York in 1866.
- It has 422 beds for patients.
- The hospital is considered a teaching center.
Brooklyn Hospitals In New York
Brooklyn Hospital Center – Brooklyn Hospital Center is a community hospital that was set up in Brooklyn, New York City in 1845.
- Has accommodations of 464 beds.
- Performing healthcare services such as colonoscopy/endoscopy, detox unit, geriatric unit, rehabilitation services, and health, travel medicine, and wound care.
Coney Island Hospital – Coney Island Hospital is a public hospital among NYC hospitals that is situated in Brooklyn, New York and opened in 1875.
- With 371 beds for treatment services.
- Basics in primary care, nuclear medicine, and emergency services.
Kings County Hospital Center – Kings County Hospital Center is a community hospital that is situated in Brooklyn, New York, and started in 1831.
- Available of 627 beds.
- Mainly focused on women’s health, child & teen health, surgical services, etc.
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital – NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is a popular nonprofit hospital among NYC hospitals that is opened in Brooklyn, New York City in 1881.
- Space of 591 beds for patients.
- Has surgery, advanced otolaryngology, asthma and lung disease services, etc.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center – With the motto of To Learn, To Search, To Serve, SUNY Downstate Medical Center is a well-known private hospital that is based in Brooklyn, New York.
- Recognized as a widely known medical school.
- Delivering urban health society, medical education, and other services.
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center – Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is a community hospital that was set up in Brooklyn, New York in 1982.
- Providing 323 accommodations for patients.
- Performing specialized and general treatment.
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center – Wyckoff Heights Medical Center is a general community hospital that is located in Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York in 1889.
- It has 350 beds for patients
- It has achieved different types of achievement awards.
Phone: (718) 963-7272
Queens Hospitals In New York
Elmhurst Hospital Center – Elmhurst Hospital Center is a public hospital that is located in Elmhurst 11373, Queens, New York, and was founded in 1957.
- With 545 beds.
- Providing community-based medical care.
Jamaica Hospital Medical Center – Jamaica Hospital Medical Center is a general hospital in Queens, New York, and opened in 1883.
- The hospital has 607 beds.
- A wide range of medical treatment services.
Richmond University Medical Center – Richmond University Medical Center is a general hospital among NYC hospitals that is situated in West New Brighton, Staten Island in 1903.
- Facilities of 448 beds.
- Performing health treatment and clinical services regularly.
Read more about hospitals:
Read also about banks and newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are the best hospitals in New York City?
A: Some of the top-ranked hospitals in New York City include NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Mount Sinai Hospital, NYU Langone Health, and Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
Q: How do I find a hospital in New York City?
A: There are several ways to find hospitals in New York City. You can search online, ask for recommendations from your primary care physician or healthcare provider, or check with your insurance company to see which hospitals are in your network.
Q: How do I choose the right hospital for my needs?
A: Choosing the right hospital depends on your specific healthcare needs. Consider factors such as location, the hospital’s reputation, the expertise of the doctors and healthcare professionals, the availability of specialized services or treatments, and your insurance coverage.
Q: What should I bring with me to the hospital?
A: When visiting a hospital, you should bring your insurance card, a list of any medications you are taking, your medical history, and any relevant medical records. You may also want to bring a change of clothes, toiletries, and personal items to make your stay more comfortable.
Q: Can I visit a hospital without an appointment?
A: Generally, it is not recommended to visit a hospital without an appointment. Hospitals can be busy and crowded, and you may not receive the care you need without an appointment. In case of an emergency, it is best to call 911 or go to the emergency room.
Q: What should I expect during my hospital stay?
A: During a hospital stay, you can expect to receive care from healthcare professionals, such as doctors, nurses, and other medical staff. You may undergo tests or procedures, take medications, receive treatment or therapy, and have regular check-ups to monitor your progress.
Q: What are the visiting hours at hospitals in New York City?
A: Visiting hours at hospitals in New York City can vary depending on the hospital and the patient’s condition. It is best to check with the hospital directly or consult their website for information on visiting hours and policies.
Q: How can I pay for hospital services in New York City?
A: There are several ways to pay for hospital services in New York City. If you have health insurance, your insurance company may cover all or part of your hospital expenses. If you do not have insurance, you may be eligible for financial assistance or charity care programs offered by the hospital. You can also pay out-of-pocket or set up a payment plan with the hospital.