A list of banks in UAE that includes all commercial banks, private banks, Arab banks, local banks, domestic banks, foreign banks, and financial institutions.
UAE is the second richest Arab country in the world with diversified industries oil reserves, tourism, technologies, transportation, and more. The country is hugely dependent on travel and tourism as the highest building in the world Burj Khalifa is here.
Here are all the banks in UAE mentioned below with brief descriptions.
Central Bank Of UAE
Central Bank of UAE: Central Bank of UAE is the main bank of the United Arab Emirates that operates the banking system, starting in 1980. The bank is 100% owned by the government of UAE and the currency is the United Arab Emirates dirham. It has many services in the UAE such as:
- controlling monetary policy,
- operating banking system
- managing the currency, financial services
- acting as a prime bank for all banks
National Banks in UAE
There are many local and regional banks in the United Arab Emirates to serve the nation.
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank is one of the largest national banks in UAE. It is located in Abu Dhabi since 1985 with services like commercial and retail banking services.
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank is a national bank among UAE banks that is based in Abu Dhabi and was founded in 1997
Ajman Bank is a leading bank among UAE banks that offers different services such as business loans, vehicle loans, personal loans, and more.
Al Hilal Bank is an Islamic bank that is operated under sharia laws & offering services such as retail banking, treasury, and wealth management started in 2007.
Bank of Sharjah is a Sharjah based local influential bank that has a huge number of customers in the United Arab Emirates.
Commercial Bank of Dubai is a public bank that has several services such as corporate banking, finance and insurance, foreign exchange, business loans, credit cards, and more.
Dubai Islamic Bank is the first Islamic bank in the world that is based in Dubai established in 1975. The bank is also the largest Islamic bank in the United Arab Emirates.
Emirates Islamic is an Islamic bank among UAE banks that started in 2004. It is under control by the Sharia law and has services for small businesses and corporations.
Emirates NBD is one of the largest UAE banks that is based in Dubai. It is owned by the government of Dubai & has systems such as investment banking, commercial banking, retail banking, private banking, mortgages, and credit cards.
First Abu Dhabi Bank is the largest bank among UAE banks that is considered the best bank in the UAE. It is known as FAB which offers financial services to businesses and personal needs.
Mashreq is one of the oldest United Arab Emirates banks that is based in Dubai. It has multiple branches in 12 countries in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
National Bank of Fujairah is a commercial bank in the United Arab Emirates that provides commercial banking, and trade finances with shariah law services.
National Bank of Ras Al-Khaimah PJSC (RAKBANK) is a leading public bank that has achieved many international awards in different bank functional sectors.
Noor Bank is a privately owned bank among national banks in Dubai that offers fully sharia law services. It has several products such as wealth management, Takaful (Islamic insurance), treasury and trading, etc.
United Arab Bank is another well known Sharjah based commercial bank that offers several categories services to the customers.
Foreign Banks In UAE
Foreign banks have several branches all over UAE as people are interested highly in them.
- National Bank of Bahrain – National Bank of Bahrain is a Bahrain-based foreign bank that has multiple branches, and ATMs in Riyadh and Abu Dhabi.
- Rafidain Bank – Rafidain Bank is a Government owned the largest bank in Iraq that started its work in 1941 with 165 branches around the world.
- Arab Bank – Arab Bank is one of the largest banks in the Middle East that is based in Jerusalem. The bank has many branches in the Middle East and other five continents.
- Banque Misr – Banque Misr is Egypt based foreign bank that is owned by the government of Egypt that is founded in 1920. It has multiple services such as investment finance, venture capital, real estate, wealth management, and more.
- National Bank of Oman – National Bank of Oman is the first local bank that is based in Oman, began in 1973 along with its international branches in Dubai, Abu Dhabi.
- Credit Agricloe – Credit Agricole is one of the largest financial institutions in France as well as Europe that is originated in 1894.
- Bank of Baroda – Bank of Baroda is one of the largest bank among the local banks in India that is situated in Vadodara.
- BNP Paribas – BNP Paribas is an international bank that is based in Paris, France & it is also one of the largest commerical banks in Europe.
- Janata Bank Limited – Janata Bank Limited is a state-owned Bangladeshi bank that is also one of the largest commercial banks. It was founded in 1975 with systems like banking services, consumer banking, corporate banking, investment Banking, etc.
- HSBC Bank Middle East Limited – HSBC Bank Middle East Limited is one of the largest international banks in the world that has international branches in the world.
- Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait – Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait is a multinational bank that is situated in Kuwait including several branches in the United Arab Emirates.
- Habib Bank Ltd. – Habib Bank Ltd. is the first commercial bank in Pakistan among international banks founded in 1940 by the Habib family.
- Habib Bank A.G Zurich – Habib Bank A.G Zurich is a Swiss multinational bank among commerical banks that has branches also available in the UAE.
- Standard Chartered Bank – Standard Chartered Bank is one of the most renowned multinational British banks that serves also the UAE people.
- United Bank Ltd. – With the tag of where you come first, United Bank Ltd. is one of the largest multinational banks in Pakistan including international branches.
- National Bank of Kuwait – National Bank of Kuwait is one of the largest financial institutions with many branches around the world that is located in Kuwait.
- BOK International Bank – BOK International Bank is one of the oldest continuous commerical banks in the world that is originated in Sudan.
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China – Industrial & Commercial Bank of China is a Chinese state-owned commercial bank, also one of the largest banks in the world.
- Deutsche Bank AG – Deutsche Bank AG is one of the largest multinational banks and a German International bank since 1869.
- KEB Hana Bank – KEB Hana Bank is an international bank based in South Korea that provides foreign exchanging products.
- Barclays Bank PLC – Barclays Bank PLC is a British multinational bank based in London founded in 1690 that has many branches in the world.
- Bank of China Limited – Bank of China Limited is the national commercial bank of China and one of the largest banks in the world that has service in the UAE.
- Gulf International Bank – Gulf International Bank is a Bahrain based international bank that was established in 1975 with numerous products.
- MCB Bank Limited – MCB Bank Limited is a multnational bank in Lahore, Pakistan with services loans, credit cards, Debit cards, savings, consumer banking, Home Remittance, etc.
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.P.A – Intesa Sanpaolo S.P.A is an Italy based largest international bank in the world that has branch in Abu Dhabi.
- Agricultural Bank of China Ltd. – Agricultural Bank of China Ltd. is an Agricultural based bank that is also counted as one of the biggest banks serving people globally.
- Bank Al Falah Limited – Bank Al Falah Limited is one of the largest commercial banks in Pakistan, and also has international branches in many countries.
Hence, banks in UAE help to observe the economical and social updates and growth in the country.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1. What is the main bank in UAE?
The Central Bank of UAE is the main bank in UAE.
2. Which is the best bank in UAE?
There are many leading banks in UAE in different categories among them First Abu Dhabi Bank, Emirates Bank, and Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank respectively.
3. How to open a bank account in UAE?
For opening a bank account one needs an original passport, a copy of the visa page, a salary certificate, and an Emirates id card.
Read more about banks:
Read worldwide famous newspapers in Newspapers Store.