A list of Canadian Students newspapers that contains sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, national news, and international news.
Table of Contents
About Canadian student newspapers
There are many student newspapers in Canada that cover a wide range of topics and interests. Some of the most popular student newspapers in Canada include:
- The Varsity – University of Toronto
- The Ubyssey – University of British Columbia
- The McGill Tribune – McGill University
- The Gauntlet – University of Calgary
- The Fulcrum – University of Ottawa
- The Martlet – University of Victoria
- The Charlatan – Carleton University
- The Ontarion – University of Guelph
- The Concordian – Concordia University
- The Gateway – University of Alberta
These newspapers provide students with a platform to express their views on various issues, showcase their talents, and keep up-to-date with campus news and events. They are usually run by student volunteers and offer opportunities for students interested in journalism, photography, design, and other related fields.
Canadian Students Newspapers
- Gateway – Gateway is a student-run newspaper from the University of Alberta based in Alberta, Canada.
- Gauntlet – Gauntlet is a student-run & controlled newspaper from the University of Calgary based in Alberta.
- Meliorist – Meliorist is a student newspaper among Canadian newspapers from the University of Lethbridge.
- Reflector – Reflector is a popular student newspaper in Canada from Mount Royal University, Alberta.
- Ubyssey – Ubyssey is a familiar student newspaper among Canadian newspapers from the University of British Columbia.
- Capilano Courier – Capilano Courier is a student newspaper from Capilano University based in Canada.
- Cascade – Cascade is a Canadian student newspaper among British Columbia newspapers in Canada.
- Runner – Runner is a wide known student newspaper from Kwantlen Polytechnic University, British Columbia
- Peak – Peak is a student-run and controlled newspaper from Simon Fraser University in British Columbia.
- Martlet – Martlet is a famous newspaper that is operated by the students of the University of Victoria, Canada.
- Nexus – Nexus is another common student newspaper among Canadian Students newspapers in British Columbia.
- Manitoban – Manitoban is a Canadian student newspaper among Manitoba newspapers in Canada.
- Quill – Quill is a Canadian student-run newspaper among Manitoba newspapers in Canada.
- Brunswickan – Brunswickan is another common student newspaper among Canadian Students newspapers in New Brunswick.
- Acquinian – Acquinian is a student-run newspaper from St. Thomas University based in New Brunswick.
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Muse – Muse is a student-run & controlled newspaper from the Memorial University in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Atheneum – Atheneum is a student newspaper among Canadian newspapers from the Acadia University in Nova Scotia.
Ontario Canadian Students Newspapers
- Charlatan – Charlatan is a popular student newspaper in Canada from the Carleton University based in Ontario.
- Brock Press – Brock Press is a familiar student newspaper among Canadian newspapers from Brock University.
- Varsity – Varsity is a student newspaper from the University of Toronto in Canadian students newspapers.
- Rotonde – Rotonde is a wide known student newspaper among Canadian students newspapers.
- Queen’s Journal – Queen’s Journal is a student-run and controlled newspaper among Ontario newspapers.
- Ontarion – Ontarion is a famous newspaper that is operated by the students of the University of Guelph.
- Lambda – Lambda is a student-run newspaper from Laurentian University based in Ontario, Canada.
- Western Gazette – Western Gazette is another common student newspaper among Canadian Students newspapers.
- The Cord – The Cord is a Canadian student-operated newspaper among Ontario newspapers in Canada.
- Arthur – Arthur is a wide known newspaper that is run by students among Ontario newspapers in Canada.
- Argus – Argus is a familiar student-run and controlled newspaper in Canada based in Ontario.
- Silhouette – Silhouette is a popular student newspaper in Canada from McMaster University based in Ontario.
- Fulcrum – Fulcrum is a student-run & controlled newspaper from the University of Ottawa based in Ontario.
Quebec Canadian Students Newspapers
- Concordian – Concordian is a familiar student newspaper among Canadian newspapers from Concordia University.
- McGill Tribune – McGill Tribune is a famous newspaper that is operated by the students of McGill University.
- McGill Daily – McGill Daily is a student-run and controlled newspaper from McGill University based in Quebec.
- The Link – The Link is a student-run & controlled newspaper from Concordia University in Quebec, Canada.
- Le Delit – Le Delit is a Quebec newspaper that is controlled by the students of Concordia University in Canada.
- Sheaf – Sheaf is a general newspaper among Canadian students newspapers from the University of Saskatchewan.
Read more Canadian newspapers:
- French Canadian newspapers
- Canadian ethnic & multicultural newspapers
- Canadian alternative newspapers
Read other newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are Canadian student newspapers?
A: Canadian student newspapers are newspapers that are run by and targeted toward university and college students in Canada. They cover a range of topics including news, sports, culture, and politics.
Q: How many lists of college newspapers are there?
A: There are dozens of Canadian student newspapers across the country, with some universities having multiple newspapers.
Q: Are Canadian student newspapers free?
A: Generally, yes. Most Canadian student newspapers are free and are funded through advertising revenue and student fees.
Q: Can anyone write for a Canadian student newspaper?
A: Generally, yes. Canadian student newspapers are often open to contributions from students, staff, and members of the community. However, each newspaper has its own guidelines for submitting articles.
Q: How is the school newspaper run?
A: Canadian student newspapers are typically run by a student-led editorial team, with additional staff members and volunteers helping with writing, editing, and production.
Q: What kind of content do Canadian student newspapers cover?
A: Canadian student newspapers cover a wide range of topics, including local news, campus events, sports, arts and culture, opinion and editorial pieces, and student life issues.
Q: Are Canadian student newspapers online?
A: Yes. Most Canadian student newspapers have an online presence in addition to their print editions, with some publications publishing exclusively online.
Q: How can I find Canadian student newspapers?
A: Canadian student newspapers can be found on university and college campuses, as well as online through their websites or social media pages.