Colombia newspapers contain health news, education news, business news, culture news, sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, and lifestyle updates.
Colombia is a beautiful landscape country situated in South America famous for its cultural heritage. Especially known for coffee and salsa dancing, the country is well developed in its economy.
Table of Contents
About Colombia Newspapers
Colombia has a vibrant newspaper industry, with a wide range of publications that cover local, national, and international news. The country’s newspapers provide readers with in-depth coverage of politics, business, sports, entertainment, and culture.
Some of the most popular newspapers in Colombia include El Tiempo, El Espectador, and Vanguardia Liberal. El Tiempo is the country’s largest and most widely read newspaper, with a daily circulation of over 1.5 million copies. It is based in Bogotá and covers national and international news, as well as sports, culture, and opinion pieces.
El Espectador, another major newspaper in Colombia, is based in Bogotá and has a daily circulation of around 200,000 copies. It was founded in 1887 and is one of the oldest newspapers in Latin America. El Espectador covers a wide range of topics, including politics, business, sports, and culture.
Vanguardia Liberal is based in Bucaramanga and is one of the largest newspapers in the country’s eastern region. It covers news from the Santander and Norte de Santander departments, as well as national and international news. Vanguardia Liberal has a daily circulation of around 100,000 copies.
Other notable newspapers in Colombia include El Colombiano, based in Medellín; El Heraldo, based in Barranquilla; and La Patria, based in Manizales. These newspapers provide readers with regional news and information, as well as national and international coverage.
In addition to traditional print newspapers, many Colombian publications have also embraced digital formats. Most newspapers have websites that provide readers with online access to their content, and some have mobile apps that allow readers to access news on their smartphones and tablets.
Overall, Colombia’s newspapers play an important role in providing citizens with information about the country and the world. They serve as a watchdog for government accountability and are an essential part of the country’s democracy.
Top Colombia Newspapers
Here are the top Colombia newspapers given below.
El Tiempo is one of the most popular Colombian newspapers which is also a national daily. The Spanish language paper is a part of “America Newspapers Group”.
El Espectador is one of the oldest newspapers in Colombia newspapers. The tabloid formatted daily paper is a member of Inter American Press Association.
El Colombiano is one of the most read Colombia newspapers. The newspaper is a part of the Latin American Newspapers Association which consists of fourteen leading South American newspapers.
El Heraldo is one of the prominent regional newspapers in Colombia newspapers. The daily newspaper is also one of the highest circulating Colombian newspapers in the Caribbean region and other cities.
Pulzo is an online news media in the Spanish language that gives updates 24/7 updates on Colombian news and international issues.
With the tag ” All the stories, all the looks, from all the corners”, Las 2 Orillas serves regional news and headlines in both Spanish and English languages.
Semana is a widely known Colombian newspaper in the Spanish language mainly focused on political and economical issues, and affairs happening in Colombia.
Caracol is an online news media that provides regional, local, national, and provincial news in the Spanish language for the Colombian people.
El Universal is a leading regional newspaper in Colombia newspapers mostly covering Cartagena de Indias, Boliver Department.
Minute30.com is a very well-known Colombia news site in the Spanish language that contains daily news, economic news, political news, and sports news.
Read more South American newspapers:
Colombia News In Spanish
The Spanish language is the official language in Colombia. But mass communication in the English language is common here.
- Portafolio – Portfolio is a Spanish-language daily newspaper in Colombia that features business, finance, and economy-based Bogota.
- Vanguardia Liberal – Vanguardia Liberal is one of the largest newspapers among Colombia newspapers that publish sports news, political news, entertainment news, and business news based in Bucamaranga.
- El Pais – El Pais is a well-known newspaper in the Spanish language that contains health, education, business, culture, lifestyle, and more.
- El Diario del Sur – El Diario del Sur provides relevant information, political articles, trending topics, and discussions to the Colombian people based in Pasto.
- El Opinion – El Opinion is a Spanish-language newspaper that provides country news, political news, international news, and updates based in Cucuta, Colombia.
- La Republica – Le Republica provides agricultural news, business news, finance, global economy, and analytical news in the Spanish and English languages to Colombians.
- La Patria – Along with printed paper, La Patria has multiple social media platforms to keep always updated to the reader based in Manizales.
- El Diario del Otun – El Diario del Otun is a popular newspaper that has categorized news on health, education, business, culture, lifestyle, etc.
- El Meridiano de Sucre – El Meridiano de Sucre is a major daily newspaper among Colombian newspapers that publishes news on agriculture, politics, economy, and country.
- Opa Noticias – Opa Noticias has live tv sections, news blogs, and current issues distributed in Colombia in the Spanish language.
- La Cronica del Quindio – Le Cronica del Quindio prints relevant information, political articles, trending topics, and discussions in both Spanish and English languages.
- Colombia.com – Colombia.com is a famous Colombian online news site providing Colombia news now, Colombia news today, and international facts.
- RCN Radio – RCN Radio telecasts multiple shows and programs including country news, podcasts, and cultural shows for the Colombians.
- Zonacero – Zonacero is a newspaper in the English language that serves 24/7 coverage, breaking news, current news, and headlines to the Colombian people.
- Kien y Ke – Kien y Ke has a news agency, tv channel, and radio channel for the audience of Colombia to keep versatility in programs and shows.
- La Silla Vacia – La Silla Vacia is a popular news site focused on providing educational, historical information, and local news to Colombians.
- El Mundo – El Mundo gives updates on health, education, business, culture, lifestyle, and more issues in both Spanish and English languages.
- La Nacion – La Nacion is a newspaper in the English language that publishes sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, and many more.
- El Pilon – El Pilon is a regional newspaper in Colombian newspapers that prints sports news, political news, entertainment news, and business news based in Valledupar.
- El Nuevo Dia -El Nuevo Dia contains relevant information, political articles, trending topics, and discussions based in Ibague.
- El Nuevo Siglo – El Nuevo Siglo is a Spanish-language newspaper that prints sports news, political news, entertainment news, and business news based in Bogot
- El Informador – El Informador is a newspaper in the English language based in Santa Marta that gives insights into the daily lives of Colombian people.
- Diario del Huila – Diario del Huila prints news on health, education, business, culture, lifestyle, and technology-based in Huila.
- Diario de Occidente – Diario de Occidenteis provides relevant information, and political articles, analyzing trending topics, based in Cali.
- El Periodico Deportivo – El Peridico Deportivo is a sports-based newspaper among Colombian newspapers that mainly publishes various sports updates.
Read other newspapers:
- Nigerian newspapers
- Bangladesh e-papers
- Indian newspapers
- Afghanistan newspapers
- Australian newspapers
Colombia News Today
Colombian news sites and media are also providing real-time updates along with printed Colombian newspapers.
- Diario del Cauca – Diario del Cauca is an online newspaper publishing Colombian daily news to the Colombian people around the world.
- Q’hubo -Q’hubo is a leading daily newspaper that has also a news website for national and readers around the world.
- RPT Noticias – RPT Noticias is mainly focused on technology, youth, and social content in Colombia in the Spanish language.
- Actualidad Colombiana – Actualidad Colombiana is a popular news site that also has a news channel covering Colombian and international affairs.
- Universo Centro – Universo Centro is a familiar newspaper to the Colombians for featuring art, historical and educative information in the Spanish language.
- El Frente – El Frente is a regional newspaper based in Bucaramanga covering local, urban news to the Colombian people.
- Vivir en el Poblado – Vivir en el Poblado is a common newspaper especially known for cuisine, and lifestyle articles based in Medellin.
- El Pais Vallenato – El Pais Vallenato Valledupar is an online news site for sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, and more updates.
- El Tabloide – El Tabloide is a Colombian news portal in the Spanish language that gives 24/7 coverage, breaking news, and current news to Colombians.
- Diario del Norte – Diario del Norte is a Colombian newspaper that distributes news on health, education, business, and culture based in Riohacha.
- Corpocentro – Corpocentro is a widely known news portal that contains current news, facts, daily news, and international news based on Medellin
- La Campana – La Campana features relevant information, political articles, and trending topics based on Popayan in the Spanish language.
- Archipielago Press – Archipielago Press is available as a pdf version and on other social media platforms based in San Andres, Colombia.
- City Paper – City Paper is Bogota, the capital city-based newspaper and one of the most selling Colombian newspapers.
- The Bogota Post – The Bogota Post provides sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, and other Colombia news in both Spanish and English languages.
- Today Colombia – Today Colombia is a Russian-language newspaper that provides health, news, and business to Colombians.
- Choco 7 Dias – Choco 7 Dias is a general newspaper in the English language featuring Colombian news to the Colombian people.
Hence. people around the world can know the current news easily through Colombian newspapers and news sites.
You can read more newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are some popular newspapers in Colombia?
A: Some popular newspapers in Colombia include El Tiempo, El Espectador, La República, El Colombiano, and Vanguardia Liberal.
Q: Are there any English-language newspapers in Colombia?
A: Yes, there is one English-language newspaper in Colombia called The City Paper. It is distributed mainly in Bogotá.
Q: How often are newspapers published in Colombia?
A: Most newspapers in Colombia are published daily, with some also publishing on Sundays.
Q: Can I access Colombian newspapers online?
A: Yes, most Colombian newspapers have online versions that can be accessed through their websites.
Q: Are there any free newspapers in Colombia?
A: Yes, there are some free newspapers in Colombia, such as Publimetro, which is distributed in several cities across the country.
Q: What topics do Colombia news today cover?
A: Colombian newspapers cover a wide range of topics, including politics, sports, entertainment, business, and international news.
Q: Can I subscribe to a Colombian newspaper from outside the country?
A: Yes, many Colombian newspapers offer digital subscriptions that can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
Q: Are there any specialized newspapers in Colombia?
A: Yes, there are some specialized newspapers in Colombia that focus on specific topics, such as finance, sports, and culture.
Q: Can I submit an article or letter to the editor of a Colombia news today?
A: Yes, many Colombian newspapers accept submissions from readers, although the guidelines for submission may vary depending on the newspaper.
Q: How can I stay up-to-date with Colombian news if I don’t speak Spanish?
A: While most Colombian newspapers are in Spanish, some offer English-language sections on their websites. Additionally, international news outlets such as CNN and BBC often cover news from Colombia in English.