The list of Indian English newspapers such as Times of India, Hindu, Hindustan Times, Indian Express, Pioneer, Deccan Herald, Telegraph, Deccan Chronicle, and more.
India is one of the largest newspaper markets in the world including over 100000 newspapers. National newspapers, daily newspapers, weekly newspapers, regional newspapers, and there are many categorized newspapers that exist in India.
Indian Newspapers by language:
- Urdu newspapers (اردو)
- Telegu newspapers (తెలుగు)
- Tamil newspapers(தமிழ்)
- Punjabi newspapers(ਪੰਜਾਬੀ)
- Oriya newspapers(ଓଡ଼ିଆ)
- Marathi newspapers(मराठी)
- Malayalam newspapers(മലയാളം)
- Hindi newspapers (हिन्दी)
- Kannada newspapers(ಕನ್ನಡ)
- Gujarati newspapers(ગુજરાતી)
- Assamese newspapers (অসমীয়া)
Top 10 Indian English Newspapers
Here are the top 10 Indian English newspapers which are also world-class given below.
Times of India is the oldest & best-selling newspaper in Indian English newspapers. The newspaper is the “newspaper of record” in India. The famous newspaper has multiple sister newspapers such as The Economic Times, Navbharat Times, Maharashtra Times, Ei Samay, Mumbai Mirror, etc.
The Hindu is one of the largest Indian English newspapers. The newspaper started its journey as a weekly and later turned into a daily paper.
Hindustan Times is one of the most read Indian English newspapers. The daily paper has sister newspapers such as Hindustan Dainik, and Mint including publishing supplements named Bishu, HT Education, HT Estates, Shine jobs, and more.
Indian Express is a leading daily newspaper among Indian English newspapers. The paper also has sister publications including The Financial Express, Loksatta, and Jansatta.
Pioneer is the second oldest daily newspaper in the English language. The broadsheet formatted newspaper is also published in the Hindi language.
Deccan Herald claims to be one of the top Indian English newspapers in India. The newspaper was the first newspaper to launch its website for the readers.
Telegraph is one of the most read Indian English newspapers. The daily has popular sister publications such as Anandabazar Patrika, Ebela.
Daily News & Analysis which is DNA in short, an English language daily newspaper is under control by Diligent Media Corporation. The paper is one of the most read Indian English newspapers in the Mumbai state, India.
Deccan Chronicle is another leading daily Indian English-language newspaper. The broadsheet-styled newspaper is owned by Deccan Chronicle Holdings Limited.
Asian Age is a popular daily newspaper among Indian English newspapers. The newspaper has an international edition that publishes in London. It has a sister newspaper named Deccan Chronicle.
Leading Newspapers In India
Also more leading newspapers in the English language according to people’s choice.
- Economic Times – Economic Times is a business-focused daily newspaper owned by The Times of India. The newspaper is the second most-read business newspaper after The Wall Street Journal in the world.
- Business Standard – Business Standard is a daily Indian newspaper printed in English language & Hindi language. The newspaper is mainly focused on the economy, business content providing Indian economy, international business, stock market, etc.
- Financial Express – Financial Express is a business-orientation daily newspaper printed in the English language. The Indian Express Group is the owner of the popular daily.
- New Indian Express – News Indian Express is a daily newspaper published in the English language. The Chennai-based paper has magazines including Dinamani and Cinema Express.
- Mint – Mint is a daily newspaper that is financial-based in the English language. The newspaper is controlled by a Delhi-based media group named HT Media.
- Tribune – With the motto of ” Voice of the people” Tribune is a leading English language daily in India. The paper has sister publications named Dainik Tribune, and Punjabi Tribune.
- Press Trust of India – Press Trust of India is a leading Indian news agency providing all international, Indian, state, and country news to the Indian population.
Read more newspapers:
- Bangladesh e-papers
- Bhutan newspapers
- Argentine newspapers
- Afghanistan newspapers
- Sri Lankan newspapers
- Nigerian newspapers
- Australia newspapers
- Bahamas newspapers
- Algeria newspapers
- Albania newspapers
Andaman And Nicobar Island Newspapers
- Andaman Chronicle – Andaman Chronicle is a popular national daily newspaper in Andaman And Nicobar Island.
- Echo of India -Echo of India is a widely known daily newspaper in Andaman and Nicobar Island, India. It has also other sister newspapers published in other languages.
- Andaman Sheekha – Andaman Sheekha is a common daily newspaper delivering Indian English news, local news, state news, and world news.
East India Newspapers
English newspapers were published in West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, and Odisha in India.
- Orissa Post – Orissa Post is a local daily newspaper that is printed in the English language in East India. The newspaper is owned by the Dharitri Group.
- Statesman – Another daily English language newspaper is Statesman established in 1875, also has a sister newspaper called Dainik Statesman.
North India Newspapers
Indian English newspapers are distributed in Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarkhand, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi, Chandigarh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, and Madhya Pradesh.
- Central Chronicle – Central Chronicle is an English-language daily newspaper based in North India. The regional newspaper was founded in 1957.
- Excelsior – Daily Excelsior is a local daily newspaper that publishes in the English language in Jammu. The newspaper was founded in 1965.
- Greater Kashmir – Greater Kashmir is one of the largest Indian newspapers publishing in the English language. The daily is the most read paper in the state. It has several sister publications called Kashmir Uzma, and Nawa-e-Jhelum.
- Hitavada – Hitavada is a prominent daily Indian newspaper that has several supplements Money, Future, Woman’s world, and more based in North India.
- Kashmir Observer – Kashmir Observer is a well-known newspaper that publishes Indian English news on business, sports, culture, travel, society, and more updates.
- Kashmir Times – Kashmir Times is one of the oldest Indian English newspapers in North India. The newspaper started as a weekly paper and then changed to a daily edition.
- State Times – State Times is a local daily newspaper that is distributed in Jammu & Kashmir, India. The newspaper is owned by the State Times group and has also an online format.
- Mail Today – Mail Today is a daily Indian news site publishing Indian English news on various topics including politics, entertainment, lifestyle, art, and sports.
- Milli Gazette – Milli Gazette is another online Indian news site of India publishes country news and international news in the English language.
- Organiser – Organiser is a weekly magazine that provides categorized news on politics, science, sports, and history in India.
- People’s Democracy – People’s Democracy is a weekly newspaper in the English language founded in 1965.
- Sunday Guardian – Sunday Guardian is a weekly newspaper that is published on Sunday only covering investigation, opinion, entertainment, lifestyle, etc.
- Indian Horizon – Indian Horizon is a daily newspaper in the English language that is available in e-paper format in India.
- Hawk – With the motto of “Everyone’s news, everyone’s views”, The Hawk reports on the latest Indian news, state news, and local news all over India.
Northeast India Newspapers
English-language newspapers are available in Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura.
- Assam Tribune – Assam Tribune is one of the largest circulates of Indian daily newspapers. The paper has sister publications Dainik Asam & Asam Bani.
- Shillong Times – Shillong Times is the oldest daily newspaper in Northeast India started in 1945 in a tabloid format.
- Morung Express – Morung Express is another daily newspaper distributed in Nagaland, India. It has supplements including Ad Bazaar, and Impressions.
- Nagaland Post – Nagaland Post is one of the largest Indian English newspapers in Northeast India. The paper is printed in multi-color & also available in the online version.
- Nagaland Page – Another national newspaper published in the English language is Nagaland Page based in Dimapur.
- Sentinel – Sentinel is a regular English-language Indian newspaper distributed in Northeast India, Assam state.
- Sikkim Express – Sikkim Express is widely known as the smallest newspaper in India. It is also the oldest newspaper in Sikkim, India.
- U Nongsain Hima – U Nongsain Hima is a daily paper published by G.L Publications Ltd in the English language.
- Belgian newspapers
- Burundi newspapers
- Botswana newspapers
- Brunei newspapers
- Barbados newspapers
- Bermuda newspapers
South India Newspapers
The English language registered newspapers in Andra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and Kerala.
- Bangalore Mirror – Bangalore India is one of the largest Indian newspapers in South India. The newspaper is a sister publication of The Times of India.
- Hindu Business Line – Hindu Business line is a business-focused daily newspaper that is printed in the English language. It features agriculture, IT, aviation, automotive news, and more business-oriented content for the Indian people.
- News Today – News Today is an evening Indian daily English language newspaper published in Chennai since 1982.
- Star of Mysore – Star of Mysore is a common daily newspaper that is published in the evening. The English-language newspaper was founded in 1978.
- Mangalore Today – Mangalore Today is a monthly-based English newspaper in South India published by Mangalore.
- Hans India – Hans India is a daily Indian newspaper that is published in the English language and based in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Delhi.
Western India Newspapers
Indian English newspapers circulating in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadra, Nagar Haveli.
- Ahmedabad Mirror – Ahmedabad Mirror is a leading Indian daily newspaper that publishes in the English language. The newspaper is owned by Bennett, Coleman & Co Ltd, and is also a sister publication of The Times of India.
- Afternoon Voice – Afternoon Voice is another English-language daily tabloid newspaper based in Mumbai, India
- Free Press Journal – Another oldest daily newspaper is Free Press Journal started in 1982 in the English language in India.
- Lokmat Times – Lokmat Times is a common daily newspaper in the English language also available online version.
- Mid Day – Mid Day is a morning daily newspaper among Indian English newspapers. The compact newspaper has achieved a number of awards for its journalism.
- Mumbai Mirror – Mumbai Mirror is one of the best-selling tabloid formatted daily Indian English newspapers that is distributed in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Navhind Times – Navhind Times is one of the top-selling local newspapers in Western India. The newspaper was founded in 1963 in Panaji, India.
- Pune Mirror – Pune Mirror is another popular publication from The Times of India, owned by Benett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
Finally, Indian English newspapers are a great way to know insight into India & the world.
Read other newspapers:
- Andorra newspapers
- Angola newspapers
- Antigua & Barbuda newspapers
- Armenia newspapers
- Aruba newspapers
- Austria newspapers
- Azerbaijan newspapers