The list of Urdu newspapers such as India Etemaad, Inquilab, Siasat, Urdu Times, Roznama Sahara, Sahil Online, Hindustan Express, and more.
More than 8 crore people speak the Urdu language in India. The Urdu language is also one of the official languages in India. Urdu newspapers play a very important role in the lives of people all over the world.
Table of Contents
About Urdu Newspapers India
Urdu newspapers in India have a rich history and a dedicated readership. Urdu is a language that is widely spoken and understood in India, especially in regions such as Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Delhi. Urdu newspapers provide news and information in the language, making it accessible to a large number of people.
The first Urdu newspaper in India was the Jam-i-Jahan-Numa, which was published in 1822 in Kolkata. Since then, a number of Urdu newspapers have been published in India, catering to the diverse needs and interests of the Urdu-speaking population. Some of the popular Urdu newspapers in India include Inquilab, Sahafat, and Hindustan Express.
Urdu newspapers cover a wide range of topics, including politics, sports, entertainment, culture, and literature. They provide a platform for Urdu writers and journalists to express their opinions and perspectives on various issues. Urdu newspapers also play an important role in promoting the language and preserving its rich literary heritage.
One of the key challenges faced by Urdu newspapers in India is the declining readership. With the rise of digital media and the advent of 24-hour news channels, many people prefer to consume news and information online. This has led to a decline in circulation and revenue for print newspapers, including Urdu newspapers. However, many Urdu newspapers have adapted to the changing media landscape by launching digital editions and mobile apps, making their content accessible to a wider audience.
Another challenge faced by Urdu newspapers in India is the lack of government support. Unlike many other Indian languages, Urdu does not have official status at the national level. This has made it difficult for Urdu newspapers to get financial support and recognition from the government. Despite these challenges, Urdu newspapers continue to thrive and provide a valuable service to the Urdu-speaking community in India.
Urdu newspapers have a long and rich history in India. They provide an important platform for Urdu writers and journalists to express their opinions and perspectives on various issues. While Urdu newspapers face several challenges, they continue to play an important role in promoting the language and providing news and information to a large number of people. With the rise of digital media, Urdu newspapers have adapted to the changing media landscape and continue to evolve to meet the needs of their readers.
Top Urdu Newspapers
Here are some top Urdu newspapers according to the daily circulations in India.
Indian Etemaad is the best-selling newspaper among Urdu newspapers. The newspaper is owned by a political party All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen.
Inquilab is a leading daily newspaper published among Urdu newspapers. The newspaper provides health news, education news, state news in India.
Siasat Daily is the most trusted newspaper among Urdu newspapers. The newspaper has several sister publications including Hind Samachar, Punjab Kesari.
Urdu Times is a well-known daily newspaper established in 1960. The newspaper delivers Indian news based in Mumbai.
Roznama Sahara is one of the most-read Urdu newspapers in India. The national newspaper is a publication of Sahara India Pariwar.
With the motto of Reflection of Truth, Sahil Online is a unique news portal that provides state news, national news & international news based in Karnataka.
Hindustan Express is a daily newspaper that is very common to the Urdu people and published in Delhi, India. The newspaper provides Indian news, and breaking news happening around the world.
Kashmir Uzma is a daily Urdu newspaper based in Sri Nagar, India. The national newspaper delivers exclusive, trending Indian news to the people in both Urdu & English languages.
Aurangabad Times is one of the most circulating Urdu newspapers in India. The newspaper started its journey in 1967.
Read more Indian newspapers:
- Telegu newspapers
- Tamil newspapers
- Punjabi newspapers
- Oriya newspapers
- Marathi newspapers
- Malayalam newspapers
- Kannada newspapers
- Hindi newspapers
- Gujrati newspapers
- Assam newspapers
Urdu Newspapers List Online
There also exist a good number of Urdu newspapers in India that are very popular with the Indian people.
- Avadhnama – Avadhnama is a popular daily newspaper among Urdu newspapers. The newspaper is formatted into a broadsheet style based in Lucknow, India.
- Siyasi Taqdeer – Siyasi Taqdeer is a leading daily newspaper publishing Indian news in the Urdu language from Delhi, Lucknow & Mumbai.
- Jadid Khabar – Jadid Khabar is a local newspaper that offers 24/7coverage of India, printed in the Urdu language based in Delhi.
- Hind Samachar – Hind Samachar is another popular daily newspaper in Urdu newspapers in India. The newspaper has several sister newspapers such as Punjab Kesari, Navodaya Times & Jagbani.
- Farooqui Tanzeem – Farooqui Tanzeem is a daily newspaper among Urdu newspapers in India. The newspaper is established in 2004 and based in Patna, Ranchi & Delhi.
- Anwar E Quam – Anwar E Quam is a national newspaper that is continuing publishing local news since 1974.
- Siyasi Ufuque – Siyasi Ufuque is another national daily newspaper printed in the Urdu language in India.
- Saeban – Saeban is a common daily newspaper printed in the Urdu language and distributed in Delhi, Bhopal & Patna.
- Aag – Aag is a daily paper based in Lucknow available in also e-paper format in the Urdu language for the Urdu people.
- Baseerat – Baseerat features various trending topics articles in multiple languages including Urdu, English, Arabic & Hindi.
- Daily Salar – Daily Salar provides the latest Urdu news, world news, technology news, science news, sports news, and entertainment news to the Indian people.
Read more newspapers:
- Afghanistan newspapers
- Albania newspapers
- Algerian newspapers
- Andorra newspapers
- Angola newspapers
- Antigua & Barbuda newspapers
- Argentine newspapers
- Armenia newspapers
- Aruba newspapers
- Australia newspapers
- Austria newspapers
- Azerbaijan newspapers
Latest Urdu News Sites
India has also a wide number of online Urdu newspapers or e-papers, news sites for providing the latest Urdu news, and breaking news updates to the nation.
- Alamia Khabar – Alamia Khabar is a news site based in London, the UK delivering country news, and international news to people around the world.
- UrduTahzeeb.com – Urdu Tahzeeb is a local news site providing Indian news on state, country, national, political, and health in the Urdu language.
- Roznama Asia Express – Roznama Asia Express has categorized news sections in the Urdu language for the Indian & Urdu people.
- Rehbar – Rehbar is a weekly newspaper printed in the Urdu language also available in the e-paper version in India.
- Asia Times – Asia Times is an online news portal delivering the latest Urdu news, breaking news, popular news, and trending news to India.
- Daur e Jadeed – Daur e Jadeed is another popular online news site based in Delhi, Bihar, and Jharkhand.
- Harpal Online – Harpal Online is a local news site providing Indian news, top news, and flash news to the Indian people.
- Roznama Urdu – Roznama Urdu provides the latest Urdu news, world news, and technology news based in Lucknow, India.
- Teesri Duniya – Teesri Duniya is a 24/7 coverage news portal based in Jammu, India in the Urdu language to the Urdu people.
However, Urdu newspapers are a part & parcel of the lives of Urdu-speaking people of India and around the world.
Read other newspapers:
- Bahamas newspapers
- Bangladesh e-papers
- Bermuda newspapers
- Barbados newspapers
- Bhutan newspapers
- Botswana newspapers
- Brunei newspapers
- Burundi newspapers
- Belgian newspapers
- Sri Lankan newspapers
- Nigerian newspapers
Q: What are Urdu newspapers?
A: Urdu newspapers are newspapers published in the Urdu language, which is the official language of Pakistan and one of the official languages of India. These newspapers are widely read by Urdu-speaking communities around the world.
Q: What are some popular Urdu newspapers?
A: Some popular Urdu newspapers include Jang, Nawai Waqt, Express, Dawn, Khabrain, and Dunya.
Q: What kind of news can I expect to find in Urdu newspapers?
A: Urdu newspapers cover a wide range of topics including politics, sports, entertainment, business, and international news. They also feature opinion pieces, editorials, and letters to the editor.
Q: Can I access Urdu newspapers online?
A: Yes, many Urdu newspapers have online versions that are accessible from anywhere in the world. Some of these websites require a subscription to access all content, while others are free to access.
Q: Are Urdu newspapers biased towards a particular political party or ideology?
A: Like all newspapers, Urdu newspapers may have their own political leanings or biases. However, many reputable Urdu newspapers strive to present a balanced view of the news and provide diverse perspectives on current events.
Q: How can I submit a letter to the editor of an Urdu newspaper?
A: Most Urdu newspapers provide a section for letters to the editor on their website or in the print edition. You can usually find the submission guidelines and contact information on the newspaper’s website.
Q: Can I advertise in an Urdu newspaper?
A: Yes, many Urdu newspapers offer advertising opportunities for businesses and individuals. Contact the advertising department of the newspaper you are interested in for more information on rates and guidelines.
Q: Are Urdu newspapers only relevant to Urdu-speaking communities?
A: Urdu newspapers are primarily read by Urdu-speaking communities, but they may also be of interest to anyone who is interested in the Urdu language and culture or wants to stay informed on news and events in Pakistan and other Urdu-speaking regions.