A list of Iowa newspapers that cover sports news, political news, entertainment news, USA news, business news, national news, and international news.
Iowa is a popular state in the United States which is a high literacy rate & Known for its low state fair.
Table of Contents
About Iowa Newspapers
Iowa has a rich history of newspapers, with some of the earliest publications dating back to the mid-1800s. Today, there are over 300 newspapers in the state, ranging from small weekly publications to larger daily newspapers.
Some of the earliest newspapers in Iowa included the Iowa Territorial Gazette and Advertiser, which was published in Burlington in 1838, and the Iowa City Republican, which was established in 1840. These newspapers, like many others of the time, were often politically affiliated and focused on local news and events.
In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Iowa saw the rise of several prominent newspapers, including the Des Moines Register and Tribune, which was established in 1860 and became one of the state’s most widely-read newspapers. Other notable newspapers of the time included the Cedar Rapids Gazette and the Sioux City Journal.
Today, many Iowa newspapers continue to focus on local news and events, with some also covering regional and national news. Some of the larger newspapers in the state include the Des Moines Register, the Cedar Rapids Gazette, and the Quad-City Times.
In addition to traditional print newspapers, many Iowa newspapers have also expanded into digital formats, including online news websites and social media platforms. This has allowed these publications to reach a wider audience and stay relevant in an increasingly digital age.
Overall, Iowa newspapers continue to play an important role in the state’s media landscape, providing valuable information and news coverage to communities across the state.
Top Iowa Newspapers
Here are the top Iowa newspapers in the English language given below.
Ames Tribune is one of the most read Iowa newspapers in the English language. The daily newspaper is founded in 1868 & owned by Gannett.
News-Telegraph is a leading daily broadsheet formatted newspaper among Iowa newspapers that serves Cass County, US.
Boone News-Republican is a widely circulated newspaper among Iowa newspapers that is distributed in the Boone region.
Gazette is one of the major daily Iowa newspapers that is available online for global readers that is based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Ottumwa Courier is one of the oldest Iowa newspapers in the English language. The daily claimed to be Southeast Iowa’s best newspaper.
Charles City Press is a regional newspaper that serves Charles City in Iowa, the USA with national and international news.
Herald is a Clinton-based local broadsheet formatted daily newspaper in the English language in Iowa covering daily Iowa news and USA news.
Nonpareil is one of the largest Iowa newspapers in Southwest Iowa that is started in 1857 in the English language and covers daily news in the US.
News Advertiser is an important daily newspaper that is distributed in Creston since 1928 in America.
Quad-City Times is the English language local daily newspaper that is based in Davenport, Iowa founded in 1855.
Top United States newspapers:
- California newspapers
- Texas newspapers
- Florida newspapers
- New York newspapers
- Pennsylvania newspapers
- Illinois newspapers
- Ohio newspapers
- Georgia newspapers
- North Carolina newspapers
- Michigan newspapers
Iowa News Online
Iowa news sites cover 24/7 daily news of Iowa state and American daily affairs.
- Register – Register is one of the largest daily morning Iowa newspapers covering Des Moines news.
- Estherville Daily News – Estherville Daily News is a community newspaper that is located in Estherville, USA.
- Messenger – Messenger is a popular newspaper featuring Fort Dodge’s daily news and American news.
- Democrat – Democrat delivers community news, cultural news, political news, and more.
- Press-Citizen – Press-Citizen is a national newspaper that is printed in Iowa city in the USA.
- Gate City – Gate City is a daily newspaper that publishes American daily news in Lee County.
- Times-Republican – Times-Republican is an English-language daily city newspaper in Marshalltown.
- Globe-Gazette – Globe-Gazette is another common daily news site that is founded in 1858.
- Muscatine Journal – Muscatine Journal publishes Iowa daily news, Iowa news today and Iowa news live.
- Newton Daily News – Newton Daily News is an Iowa news site that provides world news, country news, and city news.
- Oskaloosa Herald – Oskaloosa Herald publishes local news, American top news, and more updates to the Iowa people,
- Ottumwa Courier – Ottumwa Courier is a news portal in Iowa that is also online for the American natives.
- Sioux City Journal – Sioux City Journal is a widely known news media that has achieved numerous awards.
- Spencer Daily Reporter – Spencer Daily Reporter is an online newspaper in Iowa for readers nationally and internationally.
- Waterloo/Cedar Falls Courier – Waterloo/Cedar Falls Courier serves Black Hawk county with business news, sports news, and regional updates.
- Daily Freeman-Journal – Daily Freeman-Journal is a daily news media that covers Hamilton county.
- World Journal – World Journal delivers Iowa news live, Iowa news today, and USA daily news.
- Dallas County News – Dallas County News is an English-language news portal for USA people.
- Albia Newspapers – Albia Newspapers is a familiar newspaper to the Iowa people that is distributed regularly.
- Upper Des Moines – Upper Des Moines is an online newspaper in Iowa that covers Kossuth county news regularly.
- Butler County Tribune-Journal – Butler County Tribune-Journal is a nondaily newspaper that updates the American people with the latest news.
- Journal-Eureka – Journal-Eureka features political news, business news, and national news.
- Belmond Independent – Belmond Independent is an independent newspaper for the Iowa people.
- Communique – Communique reports news on health, education, business, culture, and lifestyle.
- Clear Lake Mirror Reporter – Clear Lake Mirror Reporter reports on country news, USA news, and Iowa local news.
- Cresco Times Plain Dealer – Cresco Times Plain Dealer delivers recent news, breaking news, and current affairs.
- Chips – Chips feature relevant information, political articles, trending topics, and discussions.
- North Scott Press – North Scott Press features daily USA news and the latest news of Iowa.
- Iowa State Daily – Iowa State Daily is a student newspaper of Iowa State University that covers daily campus updates.
- Iowa Newspaper Association – Iowa Newspaper Association is an association of Iowa that operates daily newspapers in the state.
In addition, Iowa newspapers are a great part of the day-to-day lives of American natives.
Read international newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What newspapers are available in Iowa?
A: Iowa has a variety of newspapers available, including large daily newspapers such as The Des Moines Register and The Gazette, as well as smaller community newspapers like The Ames Tribune and The Cedar Valley Times.
Q: How can I access Iowa newspapers?
A: Iowa newspapers can be accessed online through their respective websites, or through online databases such as Newspapers.com or ProQuest. Some libraries in Iowa also offer physical copies of newspapers for browsing or borrowing.
Q: How often are Iowa newspapers published?
A: The frequency of publication for Iowa newspapers can vary. Some daily newspapers are published seven days a week, while others may only be published a few times per week or on a weekly basis.
Q: Can I subscribe to Iowa newspapers online?
A: Yes, most Iowa newspapers offer online subscriptions for readers who prefer to access content digitally. Subscription options may include daily or weekly delivery of a physical newspaper, as well as digital-only subscriptions.
Q: Are there any free Iowa newspapers available?
A: Some Iowa newspapers offer free access to their online content, while others may require a subscription or payment to access articles beyond a certain limit. Additionally, some community newspapers may be distributed for free in print.
Q: What topics do Iowa newspapers cover?
A: Iowa newspapers cover a wide range of topics, including local news, state and national news, politics, business, sports, entertainment, and more.
Q: Can I submit a news story or article to an Iowa newspaper?
A: Most Iowa newspapers accept submissions from readers, but the process may vary depending on the publication. It’s best to check the newspaper’s website or contact the editorial department for specific guidelines on submitting content.
Q: Are Iowa newspapers biased towards a particular political party or ideology?
A: The degree of political bias in Iowa newspapers can vary. Some newspapers may be perceived as leaning towards a particular political party or ideology, while others strive to remain neutral and objective in their reporting. It’s important to read from a variety of sources and form your own opinions based on the information presented.