A list of New Zealand newspapers contains sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, national news, and international news.
New Zealand is a developed country that is located in the Southwestern Pacific Ocean. The country is called the paradise of the pacific for its stunning natural landscapes.
Table of Contents
About New Zealand Newspapers
New Zealand has a vibrant and diverse newspaper industry, with publications serving local, regional, and national audiences. The country has a long history of newspaper publishing, with some of its earliest newspapers dating back to the mid-19th century.
Today, New Zealand has a range of newspapers catering to different audiences and interests. Some of the country’s largest newspapers include the New Zealand Herald, The Dominion Post, The Press, and The Otago Daily Times. These newspapers are published daily and cover national news, international events, and local stories.
In addition to these major newspapers, New Zealand has a number of regional newspapers that focus on news and events in specific areas of the country. These publications often have a strong community focus and provide in-depth coverage of local issues.
New Zealand also has a number of specialist newspapers that cater to specific interests, such as business, sport, and entertainment. These publications offer in-depth analysis and commentary on topics of interest to their readers.
In recent years, New Zealand’s newspaper industry has faced a number of challenges, including declining readership and advertising revenues. However, many newspapers have adapted to the changing media landscape by embracing digital technologies and developing online platforms to reach new audiences.
Despite these challenges, newspapers remain an important source of news and information for many New Zealanders. They provide a valuable forum for public debate and discussion, and play an important role in holding those in power accountable. As such, the newspaper industry continues to be an important part of New Zealand’s media landscape.
Top New Zealand Newspapers
Here are the top New Zealand newspapers in the English language mentioned below.
Dominion Post is one of the most-read New Zealand newspapers in the English language that is founded in 2002 & based in Wellington.
Press is one of the largest circulated New Zealand newspapers with its sister newspaper Northern Outlook, which also won many national awards.
With the motto Quality Endures, Otago Daily Times is one of the oldest New Zealand newspapers that is distributed in Dunedin.
Waikato Times is a tabloid formatted daily along with its sister newspaper Hamilton press that has won prestigious awards in New Zealand.
Southland Times is a tabloid-formatted leading regional newspaper among New Zealand newspapers in the English language & founded in 1862.
Manawatu Standard is a widely circulated newspaper based in Manawatu with its sister daily The tribune, The Central Districts Farmer & more.
Gisborne Herald is an independent tabloid formatted daily newspaper that covers local news in Gisborne, national news, and international news.
Nelson Mail is a leading newspaper among New Zealand newspapers that covers New Zealand news now, the latest news, and the breaking news of NZ.
With the tag Your community your news, Oamaru Mail is a tabloid-formatted community newspaper that is published in Oamaru weekly.
Taranaki Daily News is a well-known newspaper that is circulated in New Plymouth with its two free weekly sister newspapers.
Read more Oceania newspapers:
- Australia newspapers
- Cook Islands newspapers
- Fiji newspapers
- Kiribati newspapers
- Marshall Islands newspapers
- Micronesia newspapers
- Nauru newspapers
- Palau newspapers
- Papua New Guinea newspapers
New Zealand News Today
New Zealand has numerous regional, local, and national newspapers to serve the country.
- Wairarapa Times-Age – Wairarapa Times-Age is a regional compact formatted newspaper that is based in Wairarapa.
- Timaru Herald – Timaru Herald is a tabloid-formatted daily community newspaper that is available in Timaru.
- Sunday Times – Sunday Times covers news on health, education, business, culture, & lifestyle.
- Greymouth Star – Greymouth Star is a broadsheet formatted daily with its sister publications Hokitika Guardian, The West Coast Messenger, and The Kaikoura Star.
- Westport News – Westport News is one of the smallest New Zealand newspapers that is established in 1871.
- Sunday Star-Times – Sunday Star-Times is a tabloid-formatted weekly newspaper that is also a member of the New Zealand Press Association.
- Gulf News – Gulf News provides NZ news online, New Zealand news today, Oceania news, and world news.
- Raglan Chronicle – Raglan Chronicle is a Raglan-based tabloid formatted weekly newspaper.
- Farmers Weekly – Farmers Weekly is a weekly newspaper that delivers news about farms, agriculture, and farmers’ guidelines.
- Weekend Sun – Weekend Sun is a community newspaper that is circulated in the Bay of Plenty.
- Eye – Eye features relevant information, political articles, trending topics, and discussions.
- Devonport Flagstaff – Devonport Flagstaff publishes the latest news, trending news, and headlines of New Zealand.
- Mercury Bay Informer – Mercury Bay Informer is an English-language tabloid formatted newspaper in Whitianga.
- Mountain Scene – Moutain Scene is a local newspaper serving NZ news online, New Zealand news today, and Oceania news.
- North Canterbury News – North Canterbury News features social news, political news, economical news, and more.
- Cambridge News – Cambridge News is an English-language news media for New Zealand people.
- Mangawhai Focus – Mangawhai Focus is a common newspaper among New Zealand newspapers.
- Ensign – Ensign is a Gore-based community newspaper that is printed twice weekly in New Zealand.
- Ashburton Courier – Ashburton Courier is a major news media in the English language among New Zealand newspapers.
- Southland Express – Southland Express is a general newspaper that is available online for global readers.
- Coast and Country News – Coast and Country News deliver news on farm, business, local, community news, and cultural news.
- Pohutukawa Coast Times – Pohutukawa Coast Times features blogs, trending news, and analytical news.
- News Whakatane – News Whakatane delivers NZ news now, international news, city news, and country news.
- Blenheim Sun – Blenheim Sun provides New Zealand news today, NZ breaking news, and international news.
- Hoick & Pakuranga Times – Hoick & Pakuranga Times is a leading broadsheet formatted daily newspaper among Oceania newspapers.
- Business to Business – Business to Business provides news on farms, commerce, investment, and finance.
- Sun Live – Sun Live is an NZ online news portal in the English language that provides country news and abroad news.
- Scoop – Scoop is an English-language news site in New Zealand that publishes Oceania news and New Zealand news today.
- Voxy.co.nz – Voxy.co.nz is an online news media that casts city news, cultural programs, and community events.
- Korea Post – Korea Post is a Korean-language newspaper that serves the Korean community that is based in New Zealand.
- Punjabi Herald – Punjabi Herald is a Punjabi-language news site for the Punjab community in New Zealand.
- Indian Weekender – Indian Weekender is an Indian newspaper that serves the Indian community living in New Zealand.
- Kuk Punjabi Samachar – Another popular Punjab newspaper is Kuk Punjabi Samachar which is distributed in New Zealand.
- Hence, New Zealand newspapers serve the New Zealand people with NZ news 24/7.
Read international newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are some popular newspapers in New Zealand?
A: Some popular newspapers in New Zealand include The New Zealand Herald, The Dominion Post, The Press, The Otago Daily Times, and The Southland Times.
Q: Are there any newspapers published in the Maori language in New Zealand?
A: Yes, there are several newspapers published in the Maori language in New Zealand, including Te Karere, Te Ao Māori News, and Mana Magazine.
Q: Can I access New Zealand newspapers online?
A: Yes, many New Zealand newspapers have online versions of their print editions, and there are also several online-only news outlets in New Zealand.
Q: Do New Zealand newspapers cover international news?
A: Yes, most New Zealand newspapers cover international news, although the amount of coverage may vary depending on the newspaper.
Q: Are there any free newspapers in New Zealand?
A: Yes, there are several free newspapers distributed in New Zealand, including The Aucklander, The Wellingtonian, and The Christchurch Mail.
Q: How often are newspapers published in New Zealand?
A: Most newspapers in New Zealand are published daily, although some are published on a weekly or monthly basis.
Q: Can I submit a letter to the editor of a New Zealand newspaper?
A: Yes, many New Zealand newspapers accept letters to the editor from readers. The submission process and guidelines for letters may vary depending on the newspaper.
Q: How can I get a newspaper subscription in New Zealand?
A: You can typically subscribe to a New Zealand newspaper by visiting its website or contacting its subscription department by phone or email.
Q: Are there any newspapers specifically for business or finance news in New Zealand?
A: Yes, there are several newspapers in New Zealand that focus specifically on business and finance news, including The National Business Review and BusinessDesk.