A list of Ecuador newspapers and news sites in the Spanish language covers health, education, business, culture, lifestyle, sports, and more.
Ecuador is a developing country situated in South America. The country is famous for its cultural heritage and wildlife amazonian tribe.
About Ecuador newspapers
Ecuador has a vibrant and diverse media landscape, with a wide range of newspapers catering to different segments of the population. The country’s newspapers cover a variety of topics, including local and national news, politics, business, sports, entertainment, and more.
Here are some of the major newspapers in Ecuador:
- El Comercio: Founded in 1906, El Comercio is the oldest and most widely read newspaper in Ecuador. It is published daily in Quito and covers national and international news, politics, business, sports, and more.
- La Hora: La Hora is a popular daily newspaper in Ecuador that has been in circulation since 1951. It is known for its focus on local news and events, as well as its coverage of social and cultural issues.
- El Universo: El Universo is one of the most widely circulated newspapers in Ecuador. Founded in 1921, it is published in Guayaquil and covers national and international news, politics, sports, and more.
- Expreso: Expreso is a daily newspaper published in Guayaquil that covers local and national news, politics, business, sports, and entertainment. It is known for its investigative journalism and in-depth reporting.
- Hoy: Hoy is a daily newspaper published in Quito that covers local and national news, politics, business, sports, and more. It is known for its focus on social issues and human interest stories.
In addition to these major newspapers, there are also several regional newspapers and online news outlets that cater to specific audiences and interests.
It is worth noting that the Ecuadorian media landscape is not without its challenges. In recent years, there have been concerns about media ownership and censorship, as well as attacks on journalists and media outlets. Despite these challenges, however, Ecuador’s newspapers continue to play an important role in shaping public discourse and providing valuable information to the public.
Top Ecuador newspapers
Here are the top Ecuador newspapers given below according to the most important newspapers in Ecuador.
El Comercio is a daily newspaper among Ecuadorian newspapers. The newspaper covers sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, and more updates in the Spanish language.
El Universo is one of the largest newspapers in Ecuador newspapers. The newspaper has multiple supplements like Sambo, Mi Mundo, Negocios, and La Revista.
La Hora is one of the most popular regional newspapers in Ecuador newspapers. The newspaper is based in Quito, the capital of Ecuador.
El Telegrafo is a popular newspaper in Ecuador newspapers. The Spanish-language newspaper covers news on health, education, business, culture, and lifestyle.
Metro Quil is a widely known newspaper in Ecuador that features trending news, national news, and current news in the Spanish language.
Expreso is a well-known newspaper among Ecuador’s most important newspapers. The paper features sports news, technology news, and lifestyle updates in the Spanish and English languages.
Extra is an online newspaper in Ecuador familiar with publishing local news, national news, current news, and international news in the Spanish language to Ecuadorians.
Vistazo mainly focuses on entertainment, Ecuador facts, culture, politics, and lifestyle news in the Spanish and English languages which are also active on multiple social media platforms.
El Diario provides news on relevant information, Ecuadorian facts, political articles, trending topics, and discussions to Ecuadorians in the Spanish and English languages.
Read more South American newspapers:
- Argentina newspapers
- Brazil newspapers
- Bolivia newspapers
- Chile newspapers
- Colombia newspapers
- Cuba newspapers
Ecuador Online News
Ecuador has online newspapers along with printed newspapers as readers of newspapers are increasing high around the world.
- Ultimias Noticias – Ultimias Noticias is a youth newspaper mainly focused on teens, entrepreneurship, and other activities in Ecuador.
- El Heraldo – El Heraldo reports on national, provincial, and social updates in Ecuador in the Spanish language.
- Cronica – Cronica is one of the most important Ecuador newspapers that started its journey in 1979.
- La Gaceta – La Gaceta which is also available as a digital newspaper is known for publishing news on current issues.
- La Prensa – La Prensa gives updates on historical, Ecuador facts, educative content, community news, and regional updates.
- Correo – Correo is one of the best-selling newspapers in Ecuador newspapers. The Tabloid formatted daily newspaper publishes news in the Spanish language.
- La Republica – La Republica is a common online Ecuador news site that features crime, investigative and international news.
- Los Andes – Los Andes is profoundly active on multiple social media platforms for national and international readers.
- La Nacion – La Nacion is a Spanish language economical newspaper that generally provides business, finance news.
- La Tarde – La Tarde publishes sports news, Ecuador facts, political news, entertainment news, business news to the Ecuador people.
- La Verdad – La Verdad is an Ecuador news media that has also a tv and radio channel along with a news site.
- PP El Verdadero – PP El Verdadero covers current news, Ecuador facts, daily news, international news in the Spanish language.
- Ecuador Transparente – Ecuador Transparente reports on 24/7 coverage, breaking news, current news to the Ecuador people.
Hence, Ecuadorians speak normally the Spanish language so the news media and Ecuador newspapers are here also in the same language.
You can read other newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are some of the most popular newspapers in Ecuador?
A: Some of the most popular newspapers in Ecuador include El Comercio, La Hora, El Universo, and Hoy.
Q: Are there any newspapers in Ecuador that are published in English?
A: Yes, there are a few newspapers in Ecuador that are published in English, such as The Gringo Gazette and CuencaHighLife.
Q: Can I read Ecuadorian newspapers online?
A: Yes, most newspapers in Ecuador have an online version that you can access for free.
Q: Are newspapers in Ecuador biased?
A: Like newspapers in most countries, Ecuadorian newspapers can have a certain bias depending on their political leanings. However, most newspapers try to provide balanced coverage of news and events.
Q: Are there any newspapers in Ecuador that are government-run?
A: No, there are no newspapers in Ecuador that are government-run. All newspapers are privately owned and operate independently.
Q: Can I subscribe to Ecuador news live from outside the country?
A: Yes, most newspapers in Ecuador offer digital subscriptions that you can access from anywhere in the world.
Q: Are there any newspapers in Ecuador that focus specifically on sports?
A: Yes, there are a few newspapers in Ecuador that focus specifically on sports, such as Diario Extra and El Diario Sport.
Q: Can I submit a letter to the editor of an Ecuadorian newspaper?
A: Yes, most newspapers in Ecuador have a section for letters to the editor. You can usually find instructions on how to submit a letter on the newspaper’s website.
Q: Are there any Ecuador newspapers online that are dedicated to business and finance news?
A: Yes, El Comercio is a popular newspaper in Ecuador that focuses on business and finance news.