A list of Indiana newspapers that cover USA news, sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, national news, and international news.
Indiana is one of the largest & populous states in the United States which is known for its love of basketball.
Table of Contents
About Indiana Newspapers
Indiana has a rich tradition of newspapers dating back to the early 19th century. Today, the state boasts a diverse range of newspapers that serve communities of all sizes, from small towns to major cities. These newspapers play a vital role in keeping residents informed about local news, events, and issues.
Some of the largest newspapers in Indiana include The Indianapolis Star, the state’s largest newspaper, which covers news from the capital city and surrounding areas. Other major newspapers include the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette, the South Bend Tribune, and the Evansville Courier & Press. These newspapers cover a wide range of topics, including politics, business, sports, and entertainment.
In addition to these larger newspapers, Indiana is also home to many smaller, community-focused newspapers that provide hyperlocal coverage of events and issues in smaller towns and cities. These newspapers often have a loyal readership and provide an important source of information for residents who might not have access to larger media outlets.
One of the most notable newspapers in Indiana’s history is the Indianapolis Recorder, which was founded in 1899 and is still in publication today. The Recorder has a long history of covering issues affecting the African American community and was a key voice in the civil rights movement in Indiana and beyond.
Overall, Indiana newspapers continue to play an important role in keeping residents informed about local news and events. Whether you’re looking for coverage of city council meetings, high school sports, or local business news, you’re sure to find a newspaper in Indiana that meets your needs.
Top Indiana Newspapers
Here are the top Indiana newspapers in the English language given below.
With the motto of because life changes daily, the Herald Bulletin is one of the most read Indiana newspapers that covers Anderson, Indiana.
Times-Mail is a leading newspaper among Indiana newspapers in the English language that is distributed in Bedford city.
Herald-Times is known as the best daily newspaper among Indiana newspapers that has won several awards.
News-Banner is a well-known newspaper among American daily newspapers that publishes in the Bluffton region.
Chesterton Tribune is an English-language newspaper that publishes twice weekly in Chesterton, Indiana.
The Republic is a broadsheet formatted daily newspaper among US newspapers that serves Columbus City, Indiana.
Journal Review is an independent newspaper that covers national news, international news, & various notable events.
Decatur Democrat is a widely circulated Indiana newspaper that is based in Decatur publishing Indiana daily news.
Elkhart Truth is distributed in Elkhart county and has won also multiple awards for its journalism contribution to the nation.
Courier & Press is a major broadsheet formatted daily newspaper among Indiana newspapers & achieved international awards.
Top United States newspapers:
- California newspapers
- Texas newspapers
- Florida newspapers
- New York newspapers
- Pennsylvania newspapers
- Illinois newspapers
- Ohio newspapers
- Georgia newspapers
- North Carolina newspapers
- Michigan newspapers
Indiana Newspapers List
There are many local and regional Indiana newspapers in the USA to cover daily news.
- News-Sentinel – News-Sentinel is a Pulitzer prize achiever newspaper that is based in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Goshen News – Goshen News is a community newspaper that serves Goshen, Indiana daily.
- Daily News – Daily News has been distributed in Greensburg with its sister newspapers Weekly news, Greensburg news, etc.
- News-Sun – News-Sun is an American daily newspaper along with its sister newspapers such as The Herald Publication & The Star.
- Journal & Courier – Journal & Courier is the first Berliner formatted newspaper that serves Lafayette, Indiana.
- Times of Northwest Indiana – Times of Northwest Indiana is the second largest Indiana newspaper started in 1906.
- Herald-Argus – Herald-Argus is a La Porte-based regional newspaper among Indiana newspapers.
- Pharos-Tribune – Pharos-Tribune is a morning daily newspaper that is also available online.
- Chronicle-Tribune – Chronicle-Tribune is a broadsheet formatted morning newspaper that is owned by Gannett.
- Reporter Times – Reporter Times is located in Morgan county that has achieved many national awards.
- News Dispatch – News Dispatch is one of the daily Indiana newspapers serving Michigan.
- Star Press – Star Press covers news on health, education, business, culture, and lifestyle.
- Courier-Times – Courier-Times is a weekly newspaper in Roxboro, Indiana with its special editions.
- Pilot News – Pilot News has several sister newspapers including Heartland news, Culver Citizen, The Leader, and more.
- Palladium-Item – Palladium-Item is the oldest continuous newspaper in Richmond since 1831.
- Rochester Sentinel – Rochester Sentinel is a very common newspaper that is located in Rochester.
- Shelbyville News – Shelbyville News is another regional newspaper in the English language for the USA people.
- South Bend Tribune – South Bend Tribune is one of the largest Indiana newspapers that has been recognized as a blue ribbon newspaper.
Indiana News Live
Indiana online newspapers try to give coverage 24/7 with the latest news of the state.
- Tribune-Star – Tribune-Star is a community newspaper that is printed in Wabash Valley, USA.
- Sun Commercial – Sun Commercial features business news, commercial news, and financial news.
- Times-Herald – Times-Herald expresses breaking news, current news, and affairs in Indiana.
- Southside Times – Southside Times is a tabloid formatted weekly community newspaper since 1928.
- Berne Witness – Berne Witness publishes trending news, the latest news, and recent news of the USA.
- Standard – Standard delivers relevant information, political articles, trending topics, and discussions.
- Churubusco News – Churubusco News provides community news, city news, and events to the American natives.
- Hoosier Topics – Hoosier Topics delivers Indiana people national news, American news, and world news.
- Corydon Democrat – Corydon Democrat is a nondaily newspaper among Indiana newspapers in the English language.
- Crown Point Star – Crown Point Star reports on political news, business news, cultural news, and more in Indiana.
- Journal-Gazette – Journal-Gazette features daily USA news, Indiana news today, and Indiana news live.
- El Puente – El Puente is a Spanish-language newspaper that serves the Spanish community in Goshen.
- Kokomo Tribune – Kokomo Tribune is an online newspaper in Indiana that covers Indiana news live.
- Herald Journal – Herald Journal is an Indiana news site in the English language for the Indiana people.
- Times Sentinel – Times Sentinel distributes Indiana news live, Indiana news today, and American daily news.
- Ball State Daily News – Ball State Daily News is a student newspaper among American newspapers by Ball State University.
- DePauw – DePauw is a student-run university by DePauw University that is published in Indiana.
- Indiana Daily Student – Indiana Daily Student is another popular student newspaper by Indiana University Bloomington.
- Purdue Exponent – Purdue Exponent covers campus news, events, and more updates at Purdue University.
- Hoosier State Press Association – Hoosier State Press Association operates & controls all the newspapers published in Indiana.
Hence, Indiana newspapers are an unavoidable part of the daily lives of American natives.
Read world-famous newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are Indiana Newspapers?
A: Indiana Newspapers are print and digital publications that provide news and information to residents of the state of Indiana.
Q: What are some popular Indiana newspapers?
A: Some popular Indiana newspapers include The Indianapolis Star, The Journal Gazette, The Times of Northwest Indiana, The Herald-Times, and The Courier-Journal.
Q: Do Indiana newspapers only cover local news?
A: While Indiana newspapers do prioritize local news, they also cover state, national, and international news stories.
Q: Can I access Indiana newspapers online?
A: Yes, most Indiana newspapers have online versions that you can access via their websites or through digital newspaper databases such as Newspapers.com or ProQuest.
Q: How frequently are Indiana newspapers published?
A: Most Indiana newspapers are published daily, while some smaller publications may be published weekly or bi-weekly.
Q: Can I submit a news tip or story idea to an Indiana newspaper?
A: Yes, most Indiana newspapers have a contact page on their website where you can submit news tips, story ideas, or other inquiries.
Q: How can I subscribe to an Indiana newspaper?
A: You can typically subscribe to an Indiana newspaper by visiting their website or contacting their subscription department directly.
Q: Do Indiana newspapers have editorial boards?
A: Yes, most Indiana newspapers have editorial boards that are responsible for determining the newspaper’s stance on various political and social issues.
Q: Are Indiana newspapers biased?
A: Like all media outlets, Indiana newspapers may have some degree of bias based on their editorial stance or ownership. However, most reputable newspapers strive to maintain objectivity in their reporting.
Q: Are there any free Indiana newspapers?
A: Some Indiana newspapers offer a limited number of free articles online, but most require a subscription for full access to their content. Some community newspapers may be available for free in print form.