A list of banks in Bahrain including all Islamic banks, commercial banks, private banks, local banks, domestic banks, foreign banks, and financial institutions.
Bahrain is one of the developed countries in the Middle East with its income from oil and gas. The Bahraini Dinar is the second highest-value currency in the world. It is also developed in the shipping and commercial sectors.
Here are all the banks in Bahrain mentioned below with brief descriptions.
Table of Contents
About banks in Bahrain
Bahrain is a small island nation located in the Persian Gulf, and is known as a financial hub in the region. Bahrain has a well-developed banking sector that plays a significant role in the country’s economy.
The Central Bank of Bahrain is the main regulatory body that oversees the banking sector in the country. The central bank ensures that the banks in Bahrain comply with international banking standards and regulations.
There are both local and international banks operating in Bahrain, with the majority of them having their headquarters in the capital city of Manama. Some of the major banks in Bahrain include Ahli United Bank, National Bank of Bahrain, Bahrain Islamic Bank, and Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait.
Bahrain is known for its Islamic banking, which is based on the principles of Shariah law. Bahrain was one of the first countries in the world to introduce Islamic banking, and today, it is home to several Islamic banks, including Bahrain Islamic Bank, Al Baraka Islamic Bank, and Kuwait Finance House.
The banking sector in Bahrain offers a wide range of services, including personal and corporate banking, trade finance, project finance, investment banking, and wealth management. The country is also a popular destination for offshore banking due to its favorable tax and regulatory environment.
Overall, the banking sector in Bahrain is well-developed and plays a crucial role in the country’s economy. The government is committed to maintaining a stable and secure banking system, which has contributed to the growth of the financial sector in the country.
Central Bank of Bahrain
Central Bank of Bahrain – Central Bank of Bahrain is the core bank of Bahrain that is based in Manama and was founded in 2006. The bank is fully owned by the Bahrain government and the currency is the Bahraini Dinar. It offers services in Bahrain such as:
- managing the currency, gold, and national reserve
- operating and controlling the banking sector
- acting as a banker for all financial institution
- encouraging the economical growth
Top Bahrain Banks
Here are the leading national, regional, and private banks in Bahrain given below.
National Bank of Bahrain is the most popular among the leading banks in Bahrain started in 1957 that has almost 25 branches in the country and Abu Dhabi, Riyad.
Ahli United Bank is one of the largest banks in Bahrain that serves financial services in Kuwait, UAE, the UK, and more.
Arab Bank is one of the largest in the Middle East that is based in Jerusalem and has numerous branches globally was founded in 1930.
Bank ABC is an international bank based in Bahrain that has numerous branches in the Middle East, North Africa, America, and Asia.
Allied Bank is one of the largest commercial banks in Pakistan that has around 1400 branches in the country also known as the first Islamic bank in Pakistan.
Alubaf is an international bank that gives various services to a huge number of customers and was established in 19820.
APICORP which is fully known as Arab Petroleum Investment Corporation is a local bank that is owned by OAPEC since 2005.
Bahrain Development Bank is a development bank that is owned by the government of Bahrain since 1991.
Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait is a local bank that provides consumer banking, corporate banking, investment banking, etc.
Bahrain Middle East Bank is an investment bank that focuses investment functions in several enterprises since 1980
Read more about banks:
Foreign Banks In Bahrain
There are many foreign banks in Bahrain to serve the whole nation with banking services.
- Askari Bank – Askari Bank is a public financial institution that is based in Pakistan loans, credit cards, debit cards, savings, consumer, Islamic Banking, etc.
- Bank Al Habib – Bank Al Habib is one of the largest commercial banks that is located in Pakistan and also has international branches in the world.
- Bank Alfalah – Bank AlFalah is one of the largest banks that have branches in Bangladesh, Bahrain, and the UAE and started in 1997.
- Citibank Bahrain – Citibank Bahrain is a New York-based bank that offers retail banking, commercial banking, investment banking, private banking, etc.
- Credit Libanais – Credit Libanais is a Lebanese bank that has achieved awards nationally and internationally that was established in 1961.
- Cairo Amman Bank Bahrain – Cairo Amman Bank Bahrain is a full-service joint bank that is based in Jordan and Palestine serving customers.
- Citicorp – Citicorp is an investment that is located in America providing financial services, especially to businessmen globally.
- DenizBank – DenizBank is a private bank that is located in Turkey and has services for banking, investment banking, investment management, etc
- Eskan Bank – Eskan Bank is a state-owned bank of Bahrain that offers banking services to people around the world.
- First Abu Dhabi Bank – First Abu Dhabi Bank is an Abu Dhabi-based bank that is also considered one of the safest banks since 2017.
- Gulf International Bank – Gulf International Bank is an international bank that is based in Bahrain and was founded in 175.
- HSBC – HSBC is one of the largest banks that is located in British and offers credit cards, equities trading, insurance, investment banking, and more.
- JPMorgan – JPMorgan is one of the largest investment banks that is located in America and it is also considered one of the largest banks in the world.
- JS Bank – JS Bank is a commercial bank that is based in Pakistan and has won national awards and international awards.
- KEB Hana Bank – KEB Hana Bank is a commercial bank that is situated in South Korea and has multiple branches around the world.
- MCB Bank -MCB Bank is a multinational bank in Punjab that has 1600 branches in Pakistan.
- MUFG Bank – MUFG Bank is one of the largest banks in Japan that serves personal banking
corporate banking, investment banking, etc.
- Mashreq Bank – Mashreq Bank is one of the oldest private banks in Dubai that has several branches in Europe, the United States, Asia, and Africa.
- National Bank of Kuwait – National Bank of Kuwait is Kuwait based largest bank that has branches in Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and Africa.
- National Bank of Pakistan – National Bank of Pakistan is a commercial bank that is controlled by the State bank of Pakistan and was established in 1949.
- Palestine Investment Bank – Palestine Investment Bank is a local investment bank that is based in Palestine serving globally.
- Rafidain Bank – Rafidain Bank is one of the largest banks in Iraq that is also owned by the government.
- StanChart – StanChart is a multinational bank that is based in London and earns maximum profits in Asia, Africa, Middle East.
- Ziraat Bank – Ziraat Bank is a Turkey-based bank in Bahrain that is owned by the government and has services systems such as offers financial services, credit cards, & consumer banking.
- Halkbank – Halkbank is a government bank of Turkish that offers vehicle loans, housing loans, consumer loans, and commercial loans.
- Unite Bank Limited – With the tag of where you come first, United Bank Limited is a commercial bank that is available in Pakistan since 1958.
- UBS Bank – UBS Bank is an investment bank that is based in Switzerland and offers services such as investment banking, wealth management, private banking, etc.
- VakıfBank – VakifBank is one of the largest banks that is located in Turkey that was established in 1954.
- Woori Bank – Woori Bank is a Korean-based bank that is known as one of the four largest domestic banks in the country starting in 1899.
- Yapı Kredi – Yapi Kredi is one of the largest national banks in Turkey that started in 1944.
Islamic Banks In Bahrain
Some popular Islamic banks in Bahrain are offering financing under Islamic Shariah laws cited below.
- ABC Islamic Bank – ABC Islamic Bank is a private bank that follows shariah law with banking services and asset management.
- AlBaraka – AlBaraka is a public bank that has services systems such as retail banking, investment banking, treasury, etc with the Shariah law.
- Al Salam Bank – Al Salam Bank is an Islamic bank that is majorly owned by the Bank Muscat since 2005.
- Bahrain Islamic Bank – Bahrain Islamic Bank is a commercial bank that is also known as the first Islamic bank.
- BOK International – BOK International is one of the largest Islamic banks in Bahrain that has started giving services in Sudan.
- GFH Bank – GFH Bank is a Bahrain-based financial institution that serves mainly in the Middle East.
- Ithmaar Bank – Ithmaar Bank is a private bank among Bahrain banks that supplies a wide range of banking services.
- Khaleeji Commercial Bank – Khaleeji Commercial Bank is a retail Islamic bank that has multiple products in Bahrain.
- KFH Bahrain – KFH Bahrain is a state-owned bank in Kuwait that follows Shariah laws and was established in 1977.
- Kuveyt Türk Bahrain – Kuveyt Turk Bahrain is a joint banking service that originated in Turkish and Kuwait in 2002.
- Liquidity Management Centre – Liquidity Management Centre is a private bank of Bahrain that provides funds to enterprises.
- Venture Capital Bank – Venture Capital Bank is a private Islamic bank that delivers mainly investment, financing, loans, and more.
After all, banks in Bahrain update with the current economical situation, asset status, and wealth management.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Which bank is best in Bahrain?
National Bank of Bahrain is recognized as the best bank in Bahrain in the retail banking sector.
2. How many banks are there in Bahrain?
There are around 87 national, Islamic, private, and public financial services to serve customers with their choices.
3. Which international bank is in Bahrain?
In Bahrain, there are multiple international banks such as Gulf International Bank, First Abu Dhabi Bank, HSBC, JP Morgan Chase, and more.
Read international newspapers in Newspapers Store.