A list of French newspapers that contain sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, cultural news, daily news, and national news.
France is one of the highly developed countries in the world situated in Europe. With the Eifel Tower and Louvre museum, the country does not need any introduction which is one of the desired travel destinations worldwide.
About French newspapers
French newspapers are an essential part of the country’s media landscape, providing a diverse range of news, opinions, and analysis on local, national, and international issues. The French press is known for its strong tradition of investigative journalism and editorial independence, with many newspapers having a long history of reporting on political and social issues.
Some of the most prominent French newspapers include Le Monde, Libération, Le Figaro, and L’Équipe. Le Monde is a daily newspaper that covers politics, business, culture, and international news, and is widely considered one of the most influential newspapers in France. Libération is another daily newspaper that focuses on politics and social issues, with a left-wing perspective.
Le Figaro is a conservative-leaning daily newspaper that covers politics, business, and culture, and is known for its opinion pieces and editorials. L’Équipe is a daily sports newspaper that covers national and international sports news and events.
In addition to these major newspapers, there are many other newspapers and magazines in France that cater to different interests and political affiliations. These include left-wing publications like L’Humanité and Marianne, and right-wing publications like Valeurs Actuelles and Le Point.
French newspapers are an important source of information for French citizens, with many people relying on them for news and analysis on important issues. In recent years, however, the newspaper industry in France has faced significant challenges due to declining readership and revenue, as more people turn to digital sources for their news.
Overall, French newspapers play a crucial role in the country’s media landscape, providing diverse perspectives on issues and keeping citizens informed on the latest developments both within France and around the world.
Best French Newspapers
Here are the best French newspapers in the French language mentioned below.
Le Figaro is the oldest & one of the largest national French newspapers. The daily newspaper is also called a newspaper of record that is founded in 1826.
Le Monde is one of the most circulated French newspapers started in 1944. The afternoon newspaper is very popular in different countries around the world.
L’Humanite is a leading daily newspaper in the French language in France. The newspaper has a weekly supplement named L’Humanite Dimanche.
Liberation is a well-known French-language daily newspaper founded in 1973. It is the first newspaper to have a news site online in France.
Le Parisien is a very renowned daily newspaper including a regional edition in France. The newspaper is owned by the multinational corporation LVMH.
La Tribune is a weekly online newspaper in the French language newspaper started in 2012 that publishes financial news, business news, and commercial news to the French people daily.
L’Express is a French news magazine among French newspapers that is distributed once a week. The magazine has a lifestyle supplement and a job supplement in France.
Le Nouvel Obeservateur
Le Nouvel Observateur is a weekly newspaper among France newspapers that features society news, political news, economical news, cultural news, and ecological news in the French language.
Le Canard Enchaine
Le Canard Enchaine is an independent newspaper that is printed once a week. The newspaper publishes crime news and investigative news in a satirical way.
Read more European newspapers:
- Albania newspapers
- Andorra newspapers
- Armenia newspapers
- Austria newspapers
- Azerbaijan newspapers
- Belarus newspapers
- Belgium newspapers
- Bosnia and Herzegovina newspapers
- Bulgaria newspapers
- Chechnya newspapers
- Cyprus newspapers
- Croatia newspapers
- Czech Republic newspapers
- Denmark newspapers
- Estonia newspapers
French Newspapers Today
France has numerous regional and local newspapers for the people around the country.
- 20 Minutes – 20 Minutes is a free newspaper among free French newspapers, that has also a German-language edition.
- Les Echos – Les Echos is the first daily newspaper based on financial news & updates in the French language.
- L’Equipe – L’Equipe is a daily newspaper that is focused on sports nationally and internationally in the French language.
- L’Opinion – L’Opinion is a national newspaper in the French language that distributes daily based in Paris, France.
- Courrier International – Courrier International is a weekly newspaper that has editions in the Japanese and Portuguese languages including the French language.
- Charente Libre – Charente Libre is a regional newspaper in the French language based in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
- L’Alsace – L’Alsace is a local newspaper in France that covers the region of Alsace and the Franche-Comte.
- Le Bien Public – Le Bien Public is a local newspaper in the French language that is distributed in Dijon, North-East France.
- Corse Matin – Corse Matin is a regional newspaper in the French language that is located in Ajaccio, Corsica, France.
- La Depeche du Midi – La Depeche du Midi is a regional newspaper that is distributed in Toulouse, France.
- L’Est Republicain – L’Est Republician is a local tabloid formatted newspaper based in Nancy, France.
- Midi Libre – Midi Libre is a daily newspaper based in Montepellier, France that contains national news in the French language.
- La Nouvelle Republique du Centre-Ouest – La Nouvelle Republique du Centre-Ouest is a domestic newspaper in the French language located in tours, Centre Val de Loire.
- Ouest France – Ouest France is the most read daily French newspaper globally that is founded in 1944.
- Le Progres – Le Progres is a domestic newspaper that is published in Lyon, Rhone providing daily France news.
- La Provence – La Province is a French-language local daily newspaper located in Marseille and founded in 1997.
- Le Republicain Lorrain – Another general newspaper in France is Le Republicain Lorrain located in Metz.
- Sud-Ouest – Sud-Ouest is one of the largest regional French newspapers that publish France news regularly.
- La Voix du Nord – La Voix Du Nord is a domestic tabloid formatted daily newspaper based in northern France.
- RugbyRama.fr – RugbyRama.fr is a rugby sports newspaper among French sports newspapers that provides only rugby updates.
- L’Expansion – L’Expansion is a financial newspaper in France that contains economic, business, and commercial updates.
- Le Journal de Saone-et-Loire – Le Jurnal de Saone-et-Loire is a city newspaper based in the region of Saone-et-Loire.
- Le Telegramme – Le Telegramme is a French-language daily newspaper located in the Brittany region of France.
- Les Dernieres Nouvellas d’Aslace – Les Dernieres Nouvellas d’Aslace is common regional newspaper in Alsace.
- Lyon Capitale – Lyon Capitale delivers local news, national news, and international news in the French language.
France 24 News
France e-newspaper and news sites are also very popular as they save money and time.
- L’Union de Reims – L’Union de Reims is a local French online newspaper that publishes current news & daily updates.
- La Liberte de I’Est – La Liberte de I’Est is a major regional newspaper in France in the French language.
- La Montagne – La Montagne contain regional news, sports news, cultural news, and economical news in France.
- La Republique du Centre – La Republique du Centre is a local newspaper that serves Puy-de-dome, Cantal, and more areas.
- L’Yonne Republicain – L’Yonne Republicain provides daily news, city news, provincial news, and national news.
- Le Populaire – Le Populaire is a daily local newspaper that serves Haute-Vienne, Corrèze, Creuse in France.
- L’Echo Republicain – L’Echo Republicain publishes news in Eure-et-Loir, Yvelines, Loir-et-Cher in the French language.
- Le Journal de la Haute-Marne – Le Journal de la Haute-Marne is a community newspaper serving Haute-Marne.
- Paris-Normandie – Paris-Normandie is a national French online newspaper that covers regional news, sports news, and economical news.
- Nice-matin – Nice-Matin is a local newspaper based in South-Eastern France that covers general news and world news.
- Le Berry Republicain – Le Berry Republicain serves regularly Cher, Indre in France in the French language.
- Le Journal du Centre – Le Journal du Centre is a French online newspaper that delivers country news and national news.
- 1jour1actu – 1jour1actu is a weekly newspaper in France that provides education news and information for children.
- Le Monde Diplomatique – Le Monde Diplomatique is a French-language newspaper that is printed once a month.
- Le Journal du Dimanche – Le Journal du Dimanche is a weekly newspaper in the French language established in 1948.
- Le Point – Le Point reports on political, economic, cultural, and international news to the French people.
- Boursorama – Boursorama is a French-language newspaper that delivers business news, economical news, and share and stock updates.
- La Presse de la Manche – La Presse de la Manche is a national newspaper that covers general news and world news.
- L’Est Eclair – L’Est Eclair provides daily news, city news, provincial news, and national news of European countries.
- Voix du Jura – Voix du Jara is a leading French newspaper that delivers country news and national news.
- La Republique des Pyrenees – La Republique des Pyrenees publishes cultural news, sports news and miscellaneous facts.
- L’Eveil de La Haute Louire – L’Eveil de la Haute Louire is a local newspaper that reports on current news, France facts, daily news, international news.
- Cnews Matin – Cnews Matin publishes news on health, education, business, culture, lifestyle, and more updates.
- L’Eclaireur – L’Eclaireur reports on local news, community news, and regional news in the French language.
- Centre Press Aveyron – Centre Press Aveyron distributes country news, France news now, and France news today.
- Tribune Bulletin Cote d’Azur – Tribune Bulletin Cote d’Azur reports trending news, latest news, and recent news in France.
- Nord Eclair – Nord Eclair is a regional daily newspaper that is distributed in Roubaix, France started in 1944.
- Independant – Another leading regional newspaper among French newspapers is Independant in the French language.
- Telerama – Telerama is a cultural & television magazine that is printed once a week in the French language.
France News Now
As the official language of France is the French language so the news media here are in the same language.
- Minute – Minute publishes national news, world news, political news and cultural news in the French language.
- L’Internaute – L’Internaute features relevant information, political articles, France news now, trending topics, blogs and discussions.
- France 24 – France 24 is an international newspaper that contains international news, events, and information including France.
- Rue 89 – Rue 89 is an online news site among French newspapers online that started its journey in 2007.
- Rfi – Rfi features all the latest news from European countries, French news today, African countries and international news.
- Infos – Infos is an online French news media that casts trending news, the latest news of France, and recent news.
- Egalite – Egalite publishes sports news, political news, entertainment news, France news now, business news, cultural news and more.
- Jean marc Morandini – Jean marc Morandini casts daily news, city news, provincial news, and national news of European countries.
- Slate – Slate is an online newspaper among French newspapers that is available in the French and English languages.
- Planet.fr – Planet.fr is profoundly active on social media online so readers can join as a community worldwide.
- Fdesouche – Fdesouche is a national news portal that covers general news, country news and world news.
- Var Matin – Var Matin is a news portal among French newspapers, that can be read in both English and French languages.
- Presse Ocean – Presse Ocean is a French news site that contains educational, historical news and information.
- Le Courrier de I’ouest – Le Courrier de I’ouest contrains country news, France news now, France news today.
- La Maine Libre – La Maine Libre is an influential newspaper that has several editions in the whole country.
- La Nouvelle Republique des – La Nouvelle Republique des is a major newspaper that is distributed in the French department.
- Centre Presse – Centre Presse publishes cultural news, sports news and miscellaneous facts in the French language.
- Maire Info – Maire Info is a news site among French newspapers that features European news, and world news.
- Haute Province Info – Haute Province Info is an online newspaper that is also active on social media platforms.
- L’Echo – L’Echo is a popular magazine in France that gives tips, ideas, and blogs on lifestyle, technology and different topics.
- Info du Jour – Info du Jour publishes community news, regional news, tourism updates, national news, and local news.
- Daily Nord – Daily Nord is a daily news portal in France that gives 24/7 coverage, breaking news, and current news.
- L’Auvergnat de Paris – L’Auvergnat de Paris is a French-language community newspaper that gives updates and information.
- Alpes at Midi – Alpes at Midi is a French media that cast different shows, news, events, and cultural programs.
- Picardie la Gazette – Picardie la Gazette is a well-known news site that delivers community news, and cultural news.
- Liberte Hebdo – Liberte Hebdo is a French news site that contains arts, culture, politics, environment, and tourism updates.
- Agence France Presse – Agence France Presse is an international news agency that telecasts international news, and national news to the world.
Hence, French newspapers and news media are also available in the English language for readers to understand globally.
Read international newspapers from Newspapers Store.
Q: What are some popular French newspapers?
A: Some popular French newspapers include Le Monde, Le Figaro, Libération, Les Echos, and Le Parisien.
Q: Do French newspapers publish in languages other than French?
A: It is rare for French newspapers to publish in languages other than French, although some may have online editions that are available in multiple languages.
Q: Can I subscribe to French newspapers online for free from outside of France?
A: Yes, most French newspapers offer online subscriptions that can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
Q: What types of news can I expect to find in french newspapers in English?
A: French newspapers cover a wide range of news topics, including national and international news, politics, economics, culture, sports, and more.
Q: Are there any free French newspapers?
A: Yes, some French newspapers are available for free, such as 20 Minutes and Direct Matin.
Q: How often are popular french newspapers published?
A: Most French newspapers are published daily, although some may be published less frequently, such as weekly or monthly.
Q: Can I access French newspapers online?
A: Yes, most French newspapers have an online edition that can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection.
Q: Are there any differences between French newspapers and newspapers from other countries?
A: Yes, there may be differences in terms of the types of news covered, the editorial style, and the political biases of the newspapers.
Q: How do I find a specific article in French newspapers today?
A: You can use the search function on the newspaper’s website or contact the newspaper’s customer service department for assistance.