A list of Manitoba newspapers that contains sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, tourism news, education, and health updates.
Manitoba is the Central province among all other provinces in Canada and is known for natural beauties and different festives.
Table of Contents
About Manitoba newspapers
Manitoba, a Canadian province located in the heart of the country, has a rich history of journalism and newspaper publishing. Newspapers in Manitoba have played an important role in informing and educating the public, reflecting the diversity of opinions and perspectives in the province, and holding those in power accountable.
The first newspaper in Manitoba was the Manitoba Free Press, which was founded in 1872 by William Fisher Luxton. The Free Press was known for its support of the Liberal Party and its coverage of important events in the province, including the Riel Rebellion of 1885. The newspaper changed its name to the Winnipeg Free Press in 1931 and remains one of the most widely read newspapers in Manitoba today.
Other notable newspapers in Manitoba include the Winnipeg Tribune, which was published from 1890 to 1980 and was known for its coverage of sports, entertainment, and human interest stories. The Brandon Sun, which was founded in 1882, is another well-known newspaper in Manitoba, covering news and events in the city of Brandon and the surrounding area.
In addition to these larger newspapers, Manitoba has a number of smaller community newspapers that serve various regions throughout the province. These newspapers provide coverage of local events, issues, and interests, and often serve as a vital source of information for residents in these communities.
One of the challenges facing newspapers in Manitoba, as in many other parts of the world, is the shift towards digital media and the decline in print circulation. However, many newspapers in Manitoba have adapted to these changes by launching online editions, developing mobile apps, and utilizing social media platforms to reach a wider audience.
Despite the challenges, newspapers in Manitoba continue to play an important role in informing and engaging the public and remain a vital part of the province’s media landscape.
Leading Manitoba Newspapers
Here are leading Manitoba newspapers including major cities Winnipeg and Brandon have given below.
The Free Press is one of the oldest daily newspapers among Manitoba newspapers. The newspaper is publishing news on sports, breaking news, Canadian daily news, and international news for 150 years.
Winnipeg Sun is a daily tabloid format newspaper among Winnipeg newspapers. The paper reports on health, education, Manitoba news today, business, culture, and lifestyle.
Manitoban is a student newspaper among Manitoba newspapers founded in 1914 that publishes news on research, technology, sports, Manitoba news update, and community updates.
La Liberte is a French-language newspaper among Canadian newspapers established in 1913 that contains articles on Manitoba global news, food, art, culture, and other things.
Filipino Journal is a community newspaper among Manitoba newspapers that are dedicated to the Philippine community since 1987.
Logberg Heimskringla is a community newspaper that is both available in print and online and dedicated to Iceland and North America region.
Projector is a student-run & controlled newspaper from Red River College Polytechnic in Canada.
Real Estate News is a news site in Winnipeg, Canada that is focused on the real estate industry in Manitoba. It is under the control of a board that makes a report on regional area development since 1903.
Uniter is a student & community newspaper from the University of Winnipeg in Manitoba that contains arts, culture, podcasts, and opinions to Canadians.
Pilipino Express is a news media based in Manitoba that creates bonding in the Philippines and Canadian by presenting this monthly magazine articles and news.
Brandon Sun is a wide known daily newspaper among Brandon newspapers that distributes Monday to Saturday in Manitoba, Canada.
Read more Canadian newspapers:
- Alberta newspapers
- British Columbia newspapers
- New Brunswick newspapers
- Newfoundland and Labradornewspapers
- Nova Scotia newspapers
- Ontario newspapers
- Prince Edward Island newspapers
- Quebec newspapers
- Saskatchewan newspapers
Rural Manitoba Newspapers
There exist many newspapers and news sites in all other cities in Manitoba for news readers around the world.
- Clipper Weekly – Clipper Weekly is a weekly newspaper in Canada that covers community news, information, and commercial from the North Eastman region.
- Dauphin Herald – Dauphin Herald is a leading daily newspaper that was founded in 1899, normally familiar for community and regional news to Canadians.
- Reminder – Reminder is a weekly newspaper among Canadian newspapers that started in 1946 as an award-winner community server.
- Minnedosa Tribune – Minnedosa Tribune is the oldest weekly newspaper that is based in western Canada, serving the nation since 1883.
- Central Plains Herald-Leader – Central Plains Herald contains current news, Canadian facts, daily Manitoba news, international news, and regional news to the nation.
- Selkirk Record – Selkirk Record provides relevant information, political articles, trending topics, latest news to Canadians.
- Carillon News – Carillon News serves 24/7 coverage, breaking news, current news, and Manitoba news to Canadians.
- Swan Valley Star and Times – Swan Valley Star and Times is a weekly, award-winner newspaper among Canadian newspapers serving Manitoba and surrounding areas people.
- Opasquia Times – Opasquia Times is an old independent Canadian newspaper that has several sister newspapers named Dauphin Herald, Swan Valley Star, and Times.
- Thompson Citizen – Thompson Citizen is a regional newspaper among Manitoba newspapers provided throughout Northern Manitoba.
- Virden Empire Advance – Virden Empire Advance is a weekly community newspaper published every Friday in Manitoba, Canada & owned by the Glacier Media Group.
Hence, the Manitoba newspapers are as important as the province in Canada.
Read other newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are some newspapers and news sites based in Manitoba, Canada?
A: Some of the newspapers and news sites based in Manitoba, Canada include the Winnipeg Free Press, Manitoba Co-operator, Brandon Sun, Winnipeg Sun, and CBC Manitoba.
Q: What types of news do these newspapers and news sites cover?
A: These newspapers and news sites cover a wide range of news, including local and national news, sports, business, entertainment, politics, and more.
Q: Are these newspapers and news sites available in both print and online formats?
A: Yes, most of these newspapers and news sites are available in both print and online formats. Some of them also have mobile apps that you can download to your smartphone or tablet.
Q: Are these newspapers and news sites free to access online?
A: It depends on the newspaper or news site. Some of them offer free access to their online content, while others require a subscription or a paywall to access their full content.
Q: Can I find job listings and classifieds in these newspapers and news sites?
A: Yes, most of these newspapers and news sites have job listings and classifieds sections. You can also find real estate listings, automotive listings, and other types of classifieds.
Q: Can I submit a news tip or story idea to these newspapers and news sites?
A: Yes, many of these newspapers and news sites have a “submit news tip” or “contact us” section on their website where you can submit a news tip or story idea.
Q: Are these newspapers and news sites reputable sources of news?
A: Yes, most of these newspapers and news sites have a reputation for providing reliable and accurate news. However, it’s always a good idea to fact-check information and seek out multiple sources of news to ensure accuracy.
Q: Can I read articles from these newspapers and news sites from outside Manitoba?
A: Yes, most of these newspapers and news sites are available online and can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection.