A list of Ontario newspapers that covers sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, health news, and national news.
Ontario is one of the best provinces among all other Canadian provinces with existing full resources and agricultural production in Canada.
Table of Contents
About Ontario Newspapers
Ontario is home to a number of newspapers, both large and small, that serve local, regional, and national audiences. These newspapers cover a wide range of topics, including local news, politics, sports, business, entertainment, and more.
Some of the most prominent newspapers in Ontario include The Toronto Star, The Globe and Mail, and the National Post. The Toronto Star is the largest daily newspaper in the province and is known for its in-depth reporting on local news, politics, and social issues. The Globe and Mail is a national newspaper with a strong focus on business and finance, while the National Post provides a conservative perspective on national and international news.
Other notable newspapers in Ontario include The Hamilton Spectator, The Ottawa Citizen, and The London Free Press. These newspapers provide coverage of local news and events in their respective cities, as well as national and international news.
In addition to these larger newspapers, Ontario is home to a number of smaller community newspapers that serve specific regions and towns. These newspapers provide hyper-local coverage of news and events that may not be covered by larger newspapers, and they often have a strong connection to the communities they serve.
Overall, Ontario newspapers play an important role in keeping residents informed about what’s happening in their communities and beyond. With a wide range of newspapers available, readers can choose from a variety of perspectives and viewpoints, ensuring that they get a well-rounded understanding of the news and events that shape their world.
Ontario Leading Newspapers
Here are the leading Ontario newspapers with different categorized cities in Canada.
Toronto Star is one of the oldest newspapers among Ontario newspapers in Canada. The English language daily newspaper started its journey in 1892 almost 130 years ago.
Globe and Mail is one of the most widely read Ontario newspapers in Canada. The newspaper is also considered a newspaper of record.
Toronto Sun is an English language tabloid formatted newspaper among Canadian newspapers. The daily newspaper is owned by the Postmedia network.
National Post is one of the most circulated newspapers among Toronto newspapers in Canada providing national news, daily Canadian news, and international news.
L’Expresse de Toronto is a French-language newspaper among Ontario newspapers that is published weekly in Toronto.
Ottawa Citizen is an English-language daily newspaper among Ottawa newspapers owned by the Postmedia network.
Ottawa Sun is a leading daily newspaper among Ontario newspapers in Canada owned by Sun Media.
Ottawa Business Journal is a business-oriented newspaper that publishes business, economics, and finance content in Ottawa, Canada.
Le Droit is a Canadian French-language newspaper that is distributed daily in Quebec, Canada.
Hill Times is an important newspaper that contains relevant information, political articles, trending topics, and discussions.
Barrhaven Independent is a community newspaper that is distributed twice a week based in the community of Barrhaven, Canada.
- Glebe Report – Glebe Report is a monthly newspaper that does not continue to profit in Ontario, Canada.
- Charlatan – Charlatan is a student-run newspaper among Canadian newspapers from Carleton University, Ottawa.
- Fulcrum – Fulcrum is a weekly student-run newspaper in the English language from the University of Ottawa.
- La Rotonde – La Rotonde is a French-language student newspaper from the University of Ottawa, Canada.
- Ottawa City – With the tag of City news everywhere, Ottawa City covers daily Canadian news, regional news, and international news.
- Mississauga News – Mississauga News is a news media online that has the availability of different community newspapers in Canada.
Read more Canadian newspapers:
- Alberta newspapers
- British Columbia newspapers
- Manitoba newspapers
- New Brunswick newspapers
- Newfoundland and Labradornewspapers
- Nova Scotia newspapers
- Prince Edward Island newspapers
- Quebec newspapers
- Saskatchewan newspapers
Ontario Regional Newspapers
Ontario has many regional and local newspapers around the country.
- Glengarry News – Glengarry News is a weekly regional newspaper based in Glengarry County in Ontario, Canada.
- Amherstburg River Times – Amherstburg River Times is a local newspaper based in Amherstburg River Times, Canada.
- Aylmer Express – Aylmer Express is a regional and community newspaper based in Aylmer and surrounding areas.
- Ayr News – Ayr News is an independent newspaper that is published weekly and owned by the Schmidt family since 1913.
- Barrie Today – Barrie Today is a community newspaper that is owned by Village Media network in Canada
- Belleville Intelligencer – Belleville Intelligencer is a daily newspaper based in Belleville, Ontario founded by George Benjamin.
- Kawartha Promoter – Kawartha Promoter is a regional news magazine that is based in Bobcaygeon in Ontario.
- Brampton Guardian – Brampton Guardian covers news and information on the local and daily lives of Ontario people.
- Brantford Expositor – Brantford Expositor is one of the leading Ontario newspapers in Canada owned by Postmedia Network.
- Brockville Recorder – Brockville Recorder contains sports news, political news, entertainment news, and business news.
- Cambridge Times – Cambridge Times features local news, entertainment news, and lifestyle-focused news for Canadians.
- Chatham This Week – Chatham This Week is a weekly community newspaper among Ontario newspapers in Canada.
- Today’s Farmer – Today’s Farmer is a regional newspaper that is focused on farm, business news in Ontario, Canada.
- Clinton News-Record – Clinton News-Record is a regional popular newspaper that is based in Clinton, Ontario
- Seaway News – Seaway News is another local newspaper among Canadian newspapers that is distributed in Cornwall, Ontario.
- Standard-Freeholder – Standard-Freeholder is a daily newspaper owned by Sun Media Corporation published in Cornwall, Ontario.
- Cochrane Times-Post – Cochrane Times-Post is a weekly newspaper owned by Postmedia Network in Canada.
- Norfolk & Tillsonburg News – Norfolk & Tillsonburg News is a local newspaper that is publishing national news, community news, and international news.
Ontario News Sites
Ontario news sites are actively serving Canadians online to update them from anywhere.
- Elliot Lake Standard – Elliot Lake Standard is a weekly newspaper among Canadian newspapers owned by Postmedia Network in Canada.
- Mid North Monitor – Mid North Monitor is a weekly newspaper among Ontario newspapers owned by Postmedia Network in Canada.
- Fort Frances Times – Fort Frances Times is one of the longest-running community newspapers in Ontario, Canada.
- Lakeshore Advance – Lakeshore Advance is a weekly newspaper owned by Postmedia Network in Canada.
- News Now – News Now is a Niagra-owned and operated wide known Canadian newspaper that is published each Thursday.
- Guelph Mercury – Guelph Mercury is an English-language daily newspaper among Canadian newspapers based in Guelph, Ontario.
- Guelph Today – Guelph Today is a regional newspaper that is owned by Village Media and covers national news, local news, business news, and international news.
- Echo – Echo is a local paper that is distributed in Ontario, Canada along with its sister newspaper The Minden Times.
- Inside Halton – Inside Halton is a regional community newspaper that publishes the latest breaking news to Canadians.
- Hamilton Spectator – Hamilton Spectator is a prominent newspaper that is published only on weekdays and Saturdays to Canadians.
- Kincardine News – Kincardine News is a weekly newspaper among Canadian newspapers owned by Postmedia Network in Canada.
- Kitchener Today – Kitchener Today is an online newspaper that provides Ontario news today, national news, and local news.
- Kingstonist – Kingstonist is a community newspaper that promotes local businesses, shops, and events to Canadians.
- Kingston This Week – Kingston This Week is a weekly newspaper owned by a Post media network in Ontario, Canada.
- Whig-Standard – Whig-Standard is a general newspaper among Canadian newspapers that features the latest news, breaking news, and Ontario news.
- Northern News – Northern News is a daily newspaper featuring current news, trending news, and local news.
- Manitoulin Expositor – Manitoulin Expositor is an award-winner newspaper and the oldest running newspaper in Ontario.
- London Free Press – London Free Press is one of the largest Ontario newspapers based in London, Southwestern Ontario.
- Minden Times – Minden Times is an award-winning weekly newspaper that features Ontario news, and Ontario news today.
- Muskoka Region – Muskoka Region is a familiar regional community newspaper in Ontario to Canadians.
- Napanee Guide – Napanee Guide is a weekly newspaper owned by Postmedia Network in Ontario, Canada.
- Niagra Falls Review – Niagra Falls Review is a regional newspaper based in Niagra Falls and nearby towns, including multiple weekend supplements.
- Bay Today – Bay Today is another regional newspaper that is owned by Village Media in Ontario, Canada.
- North Bay Nugget – North Bay Nugget was started as a weekly newspaper and later turned into a daily newspaper in North Bay, Ontario.
- Durham Region – Durham Region is a regional newspaper among Ontario newspapers in Canada published daily.
- Owen Sound Sun Times – Owen Sound Sun Times is a weekly newspaper owned by Postmedia Network in Canada.
- Daily Observer – Daily Observer is a weekly newspaper printed in the English language owned by Postmedia Network in Canada.
- My Kawartha – My Kawartha is one of the longest-running daily newspapers in Peterborough city founded in 1874.
- Peterborough Examiner – Peterborough Examiner is the only daily newspaper in Peterborough city and nearby.
- Port Dover Maple Leaf – Port Dover Maple Leaf is a community newspaper started in 1873 based in Ontario, Canada.
Ontario Local Newspapers
Ontario newspapers and news sites are mostly in the English language as the language is familiar to all natives in Canada.
- Sarnia Observer – Sarnia Observer is a leading daily newspaper has sisters newspapers named London Free Press and Windsor Star.
- Sault Star – Sault Star is another daily newspaper that is widely circulated in Sault Ste. Marie. Ontario, Canada.
- Sault This Week – Sault This Week is a weekly newspaper owned by Postmedia Network in Ontario, Canada.
- Shelbourne Free Press – Shelbourne Free Press is a weekly newspaper that is based in Shelbourne, Ontario.
- Simcoe Reformer – Simcoe Reformer is a weekly newspaper owned by Postmedia Network in Canada.
- Inside Ottawa Valley – Inside Ottawa Valley is a regional community newspaper based in Ontario, Canada
- St. Catharines Standard – St. Catharines Standard is one of the largest continuous newspapers in Niagra, Ontario.
- St. Thomas Times-Journal – St. Thomas Times-Journal is a city newspaper in the English language based in St. Thomas, Ontario.
- Beacon Herald – Beacon Herald is a regional newspaper among Canadian newspapers based in Perth country, Ontario.
- Le Voyageur – Le Voyageur is a French-language community newspaper that is distributed in Ontario, Canada.
- Sudbury Star – Sudbury Star is one of the largest daily Ontario newspapers that serve Northeastern Ontario.
- Sudbury.com – Sudbury.com is an online news site that provides national news, Ontario news, and Canadian facts.
- Niagra This Week – Niagra This Week is a weekly community newspaper in the English language in Canada.
- Timmins Daily Press -Timmins Daily Press is a local newspaper based in Timmins, Ontario that is distributed daily to Canadians.
- Trenton Trentonian – Trenton Trentonian is a weekly newspaper among Ontario newspapers owned by Postmedia Network in Canada.
- Tweed News – Tweed News is an independent newspaper in the English language that is based in Tweed, Canada.
- Uxbridge Cosmos – Uxbridge Cosmos is a local newspaper among Ontario newspapers that is based in Uxbridge, Canada.
- The Record – The Record is a community newspaper that is publishing news in multiple languages around the world.
- Review – Review is a weekly newspaper based in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec in the English language.
- Sentinel-Review – Sentinel-Review is a weekly regional newspaper owned by Postmedia Network in Canada.
- York Region – York Region is a community newspaper that is profoundly active on multiple social media platforms.
- Bulletin – Bulletin is a journal of Toronto that serves Canadian with trending news, highlights, and breaking news.
- Windsor Star – Windsor Star is a common daily newspaper in the English language that is owned by Post media Network.
However, Ontario newspapers are a great part of the day-to-day lives of Canadians around the world.
Read other newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are some of the major newspapers in Ontario?
A: Some of the major newspapers in Ontario include The Toronto Star, The Globe and Mail, National Post, The Ottawa Citizen, The Windsor Star, The London Free Press, The Hamilton Spectator, and The Kingston Whig-Standard.
Q: How can I subscribe to an Ontario newspaper?
A: Most newspapers offer online subscription services where you can sign up to receive digital or physical copies of the newspaper. You can also usually find subscription information on the newspaper’s website or by contacting their customer service department.
Q: Can I access Ontario newspapers online for free?
A: Some newspapers offer limited free content on their websites, but most require a subscription to access their full range of articles and features. However, many Ontario libraries offer free online access to newspaper archives through their websites or through library databases.
Q: How often are Ontario newspapers published?
A: Most Ontario newspapers are published daily, with some also published on weekends or on specific days of the week.
Q: Are there any French-language newspapers in Ontario?
A: Yes, there are several French-language newspapers in Ontario, including Le Droit, Le Franco, and L’Express. These newspapers primarily serve francophone communities in the province.
Q: Can I submit a letter to the editor of an Ontario newspaper?
A: Most newspapers accept letters to the editor from readers. Check the newspaper’s website for information on how to submit a letter, including any guidelines or requirements.
Q: What kind of news coverage can I expect from Ontario newspapers?
A: Ontario newspapers cover a range of local, national, and international news, as well as sports, entertainment, business, and opinion pieces. Some newspapers may have a specific focus or political leaning, so it’s important to read a variety of sources to get a well-rounded view of the news.