A list of Quebec newspapers that cover sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, health news, national news, and international news.
Quebec is a francophone province among all other provinces in Canada and is very famous for hockey and other cultural heritage.
Table of Contents
About Quebec Newspapers
Quebec has a rich tradition of newspapers, with a number of publications serving various communities and interests across the province. Some of the major newspapers in Quebec include:
- La Presse: Founded in 1884, La Presse is one of the oldest and most well-respected newspapers in Quebec. Originally a daily newspaper, it transitioned to a digital-only format in 2018.
- Le Devoir: Founded in 1910, Le Devoir is a French-language newspaper that focuses on politics, culture, and social issues. It is known for its independent, progressive editorial stance.
- Le Journal de Montréal: Founded in 1964, Le Journal de Montréal is a daily tabloid newspaper that focuses on local news and current events in Montreal and the surrounding areas.
- The Gazette: Founded in 1778, The Gazette is one of the oldest newspapers in North America. It is published in English and covers news and current events in Montreal and the province of Quebec.
- La Presse Canadienne: Founded in 1917, La Presse Canadienne is a news wire service that provides coverage of national and international news events to newspapers and other media outlets across Quebec and Canada.
These are just a few examples of the many newspapers available in Quebec. There are also a number of smaller newspapers and community publications that serve specific regions or interests within the province.
Leading Quebec Newspapers
Here are the leading Quebec newspapers according to newsreaders.
Le Devoir is one of the most read Quebec newspapers among Canadian newspapers based in Montreal, Quebec. The daily newspaper publishes news on health, education, business, culture, and lifestyle.
Quebec Chronicle-Telegraph is one of the oldest running Quebec newspapers. The weekly newspaper is mainly printed in the English language as well as the French language.
Le Courier de Sud is a regional newspaper that has categorized sections for sports, entertainment, and local updates in the French language in Canada.
Suburban is an award-winner newspaper in the English language based in Quebec, Canada that was founded in 1963.
Les Afaires is an economical newspaper that provides business news, finance news, and entrepreneurship guidelines in the French language.
Rive-Sud Express is an online newspaper among Canadian newspapers that casts Quebec daily news, local news, national news, and international news.
Record is a very common newspaper that was founded in 1897 serving Eastern Canada regularly.
La Sentinelle is a daily newspaper among Quebec newspapers that publishes sports news, cultural news, entertainment news, and national news.
Le Phare is a french language-wide known regional newspaper that features community updates, Quebec daily news, local news, events, and more.
Read more Canadian newspapers:
- Alberta newspapers
- British Columbia newspapers
- Manitoba newspapers
- New Brunswick newspapers
- Newfoundland and Labradornewspapers
- Nova Scotia newspapers
- Ontario newspapers
- Prince Edward Island newspapers
- Saskatchewan newspapers
Quebec City Newspapers
Along with national, daily newspapers, there are numerous local, regional, and city newspapers in Canada.
- L’Annonceur – L’Annonceur is a city newspaper in Quebec, Canada that is active on multiple social media platforms.
- Low Down to Hull and Back News – Low Down to Hull and Back News is a daily community newspaper based in Quebec, Canada.
- La Pensee de Bagot – La Pensee de Bagot is one of the oldest community newspapers that was founded in 1951.
- Le Lac St. Jean – Le Lac St. Jean is a regional newspaper printed in the French language in Quebec, Canada
- L’Etincelle – L’Etincelle is a common newspaper in the French language that provides social news, economical news, and agricultural news to Canadians.
- L’Action d’Autray – L’Action d’Autray publishes blogs, articles, and discussions on economical, health, and local updates.
- La Releve – La Releve casts entertainment shown, cultural news, sports news, and lifestyle updates to Canadians.
- L’Echo de Cantley – L’Echo de Cantley is a popular newspaper among Canadian newspapers in the French language.
- Concordian – Cocordian features local news, country news, Quebec news now, national news, and international news in the French language.
- McGill Tribune – McGill Tribune is a student society newspaper from McGill University published by SPT.
- McGill Daily – McGill Daily is a student-run newspaper among Quebec newspapers from McGill University, Canada.
- Link – Link is an independent, non-profit, and student-run newspaper from Concordia University in Montreal.
- Voir – Voir is a popular monthly magazine in the French language in Canada, along with several supplements named Bang Bang, and Voir la Ville.
- Le Soleil – Le Soleil is a French-language daily newspaper among Quebec newspapers in Canada founded in 1896.
- Le Quebecois – Le Quebecois is a political newspaper that is published five times a year in the French language in Canada.
- La Presse: Grand Montreal – La Presse: Grand Montreal is a French-language daily newspaper based in Montreal, Canada.
Quebec News Today
Quebec people are majorly speak the French language so the news media here are in the French language.
- Le Delit – La Delit is a french language student-run newspaper from University McGill in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Le Nouvelliste – Le Nouvelliste is a regional newspaper among Canadian newspapers in the French language.
- Montreal Gazette – Montreal Gazette is a regional newspaper that is owned by a Post media network in Canada.
- La Tribune – La Tribune is a regional newspaper among Canadian newspapers in the French language in Quebec.
- Le Journal de Quebec – Le Journal de Quebec is a French-language one of the most circulated daily newspapers tabloid-style in Quebec, Canada.
- Le Journal de Le Montreal – Le Journal de Le Montreal is a French-language newspaper that contains health, education, business, culture, and lifestyle.
- Post Millennial – Post Millennial is one of the fastest-growing new sites that is founded in 2017 in Quebec, Canada.
- Journal Metro – Journal Metro is a daily newspaper among Quebec newspapers that contains national news, and international news for Canadians.
- Cult MTL – Cult MTL is a monthly newspaper that is focused on Montreal culture in the french and English languages.
- Info Dimanche – Info Dimanche is an online newspaper in Canada that casts Quebec news today, daily news, and breaking news.
- Montreal Times – Montreal Times is an English-language newspaper that is distributed weekly based in Montreal.
- L’Express – L’Express is an online newspaper in Quebec, Canada that updates current news, Canadian facts, daily news, and international news.
- L’Info du Nord – L’Info du Nord is another regional newspaper based in Canada that covers relevant information, political articles, and trending topics.
- La Nouvelle Union – La Nouvelle Union is a Canadian news site that contains 24/7 coverage, Quebec news now, breaking news, and current news of Canada and the world.
- Granby Express – Granby Express is a news site that is profoundly active on social media platforms for newsreaders.
- EstriePlus.com – EstriePlus.com is another Canadian news media that publishes Quebec daily news, Quebec news today.
- En Beauce – En Beauce is a French-language popular daily newspaper among Quebec newspapers in Canada.
- Horizon -Horizon is an Armenian weekly newspaper that is founded in 1979, including monthly magazines.
- Branchez Vous – Branchez Vous is a widely known local newspaper that is focused on technology updates around the world.
Read other newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are some major newspapers in Quebec?
A: Some major newspapers in Quebec include La Presse, Le Devoir, Le Journal de Montréal, and Le Soleil.
Q: Is it possible to access Quebec newspapers online?
A: Yes, most Quebec newspapers have online versions that are easily accessible from anywhere in the world.
Q: Are Quebec newspapers only published in French?
A: While the majority of Quebec newspapers are published in French, there are some English-language newspapers as well, such as The Gazette.
Q: How can I subscribe to a Quebec newspaper?
A: Most Quebec newspapers offer subscription services through their websites, where you can choose between print and online versions.
Q: Can I read Quebec newspapers for free?
A: Some Quebec newspapers offer limited free access to their articles, but most require a subscription to access their full content.
Q: Are Quebec’s most-read newspapers biased in their reporting?
A: Like any news source, Quebec newspapers can be biased in their reporting. It’s important to read a variety of sources and critically evaluate the information presented.
Q: Can I submit a letter to the editor of a Quebec city newspaper?
A: Yes, most Quebec newspapers have a section for letters to the editor where readers can submit their opinions on various issues.
Q: Can I access archives of old issues of Quebec daily news?
A: Yes, many Quebec newspapers have online archives where you can search for and access past issues. Some archives may require a subscription or payment to access.