A list of Togo newspapers contains sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, national news, and international news.
Togo is one of the least developed countries that is located in West Africa. The small country is known as an unhappy country and also for its beautiful beaches.
Table of Contents
About Togo Newspapers
Togo is a country located in West Africa, and its press landscape is diverse with newspapers that cater to a variety of interests and audiences. The country’s newspapers are available in both print and online formats and are an important source of information for Togolese citizens.
The most prominent Togo newspapers are published in French, which is the official language of the country. The newspapers cover a range of topics, including politics, business, sports, entertainment, and culture. Here are some of the major newspapers in Togo:
- Togo-Presse: This is the official government newspaper of Togo and has been in operation since the country gained independence in 1960. It is published in French and covers news related to politics, economics, social issues, and culture. The paper is printed in both print and digital formats.
- L’Union: This is a privately-owned newspaper that has been in circulation since 1991. It is published in French and covers a range of topics, including politics, economics, culture, and sports. L’Union has a significant readership in Togo and is known for its investigative journalism.
- Le Correcteur: This is another privately-owned newspaper that is published in French. It is known for its critical coverage of government policies and is considered an independent voice in the country’s media landscape.
- Liberté: This is a daily newspaper that covers a range of topics, including politics, economics, sports, and entertainment. It is published in French and has a large readership in Togo.
- Forum de la Semaine: This is a weekly newspaper that is published in French. It covers news related to politics, economics, culture, and sports. Forum de la Semaine is known for its in-depth coverage of current affairs and is widely read by Togolese citizens.
In addition to the above newspapers, there are several other publications in Togo that cater to specific audiences or interests. For example, L’Alternative is a newspaper that focuses on investigative journalism, while Fraternité is a Catholic newspaper that covers news related to the church and religion.
Overall, Togo’s newspapers provide a vital source of information for its citizens and play an essential role in shaping public opinion and discourse in the country.
Top Togo Newspapers
Here are the top Togo newspapers in the French language given below.
Le Temps Togo is one of the most-read Togo newspapers in the French language that distributes national news and international news.
IciLome.com is a Togo news site that covers news on health, education, business, culture, and lifestyle in the English and French languages.
Togo Tribune is a major English-language daily newspaper that features Togo news today, the latest and breaking news of Togo.
A Lome is a widely circulated Togo newspaper in the French language that covers country news, world news, and African news.
Togo Breaking News delivers relevant information, political articles, trending topics, and discussions in the English language.
Togo Web is a national news media that broadcasts African news, regional news, community news, and programs to the Togo people.
27 Avril provides news on commerce, investment, finance, youth, society, politics, sports, and farms in the French language to the Togo people.
Togo Presse is a community newspaper among Togo newspapers that features social news, business news, domestic news, and youth news.
Afree Presse is an African news portal that covers news on art, culture, lifestyle, city news, and community programs and cultural events in Togo.
Togo Actualite is one of the most circulated Togo newspapers that prints Togo news today, Togo daily news, and African news.
Read more African newspapers:
- Algeria newspapers
- Angola newspapers
- Benin newspapers
- Botswana newspapers
- Burkina Faso newspapers
- Burundi newspapers
- Cameroon newspapers
Togo News Online
There are several news sites and news media in Togo for serving the whole nation.
- Savoir News – Savoir News is a French-language newspaper focused on social news, socio-economic news, political news, and sports events.
- Togo Media 24 – Togo Media 24 casts Togo daily news, social news, entertainment news, show, and cultural programs for Togo people.
- Togo Reveil – Togo Reveil is an online news portal that features crime news, African news, documentaries, international updates, and more.
- Togo Online – Togo Online is a well-known news site available in both English and French languages, and active on multiple social media platforms for readers.
- Togo En Live – Togo En Live broadcasts Togo live news, African news, current news, and affairs of Togo in the English language.
- UFC Togo – UFC Togo is a sports newspaper that delivers league news, football news, African sports, and international sports news.
- La Nouvelle Tribune – La Nouvelle Tribune is a French-language newspaper among Togo newspapers for the Togo people.
- Togo Actualites – Togo Actualites gives updates on political news, sports news, business news, and breaking news of Togo in the French and English languages.
- Togo 24 – Togo 24 is an online news agency in Togo featuring relevant and important Togo facts and 24/7 news coverage for the Togo people.
- Togozine – Togozine is an online newspaper that delivers crime news, investigative news & multimedia news.
- Liberte Togo – Liberte Togo is a French-language Togo news site that contains Togo daily news, Togo breaking news, African news, and world news.
- 228 Actu – 228 Actu is one of the most visited news sites in Togo that serves African people with relevant information.
Hence, Togo newspapers update us on the current situation of African people’s lives.
Read international newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are some popular newspapers in Togo?
A: Some popular newspapers in Togo include Liberté, L’Alternative, La Voix du Peuple, and Le Combat du Peuple.
Q: Are newspapers in Togo published in French or other languages?
A: The majority of newspapers in Togo are published in French, which is the official language of the country. However, some newspapers may also be published in local languages such as Ewe or Kabiye.
Q: Are Togo newspapers available online?
A: Yes, many Togo newspapers have online editions that are accessible from anywhere in the world. Some newspapers may require a subscription or payment to access certain content.
Q: What type of news is covered in Togo newspapers?
A: Togo newspapers cover a wide range of news topics including politics, economics, social issues, sports, entertainment, and culture. Some newspapers may have a particular focus, such as business or human rights.
Q: How often is Togo breaking news published?
A: Most Togo newspapers are published daily or weekly, although some may have a less frequent publication schedule.
Q: Where can I purchase Togo newspapers?
A: Togo newspapers can be purchased from newsstands and vendors throughout the country. They may also be available at some hotels and tourist destinations. Online editions can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection.
Q: Can I submit a letter to the editor or an article to a Togo newspaper?
A: Yes, many Togo newspapers welcome submissions from readers, although they may have specific guidelines or requirements for submission. Contact the newspaper directly for more information.
Q: Are Togo newspapers free or do I need to pay for them?
A: Some newspapers in Togo may be available for free, while others may require payment to access certain content. Online editions may also have subscription or paywall requirements.