A list of Zimbabwe newspapers contains sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, national news, and international news.
Zimbabwe is one of the developing countries that is located in Southeast Africa. The landlocked country is known for Victoria Falls, Lake Kariba, and natural wildlife.
Table of Contents
About Zimbabwe Newspapers
Zimbabwe has a vibrant newspaper industry with a range of newspapers catering to different audiences and interests. The country has a long history of print journalism, dating back to the colonial era, and today there are both privately-owned and government-owned newspapers.
One of the most prominent government-owned newspapers is The Herald, which is published by the state-owned Zimbabwe Newspapers (Zimpapers) group. The Herald was first published in 1891 and has a daily circulation of around 50,000 copies. It covers national and international news, as well as local news from the capital city of Harare and other major cities and towns in Zimbabwe.
Another popular government-owned newspaper is The Sunday Mail, also published by Zimpapers. The Sunday Mail has a weekly circulation of around 60,000 copies and focuses on in-depth reporting and analysis of news and current affairs.
In addition to these government-owned newspapers, there are several privately-owned newspapers that provide a diverse range of perspectives and opinions on news and current affairs in Zimbabwe. One of the most popular private newspapers is NewsDay, which was launched in 2010 and has a daily circulation of around 50,000 copies. NewsDay covers national and international news, as well as business, sport, entertainment, and lifestyle news.
Another popular private newspaper is The Zimbabwe Independent, which was first published in 1996 and focuses on investigative journalism and in-depth analysis of politics and business in Zimbabwe. The Zimbabwe Independent has a weekly circulation of around 20,000 copies.
Other notable private newspapers in Zimbabwe include The Standard, which was launched in 1997 and covers national and international news, as well as sport and entertainment news, and The Chronicle, which is based in the city of Bulawayo and covers local news from the Matabeleland region of Zimbabwe.
In recent years, Zimbabwean newspapers have faced various challenges, including government censorship and financial difficulties. However, the newspaper industry remains an important source of news and information for Zimbabweans, and newspapers continue to play a vital role in shaping public opinion and informing public discourse in the country.
Top Zimbabwe Newspapers
Here are the top Zimbabwe newspapers in the English language given below.
Herald is one of the oldest Zimbabwe newspapers in the English language that has several sister newspapers The Chronicle, The Sunday Mail, & Sunday News.
With the tag of everyday news for everyday people, NewsDay is a tabloid formatted English-language newspaper that started its journey in 2010.
With the motto of telling it like it is, Daily News is one of the most popular Zimbabwe newspapers in the broadsheet format since 1999.
Financial Gazette is a weekly newspaper with the slogan of Southern Africa’s leading business newspaper that is mainly focused on business news.
Sunday Mail is a weekly leading newspaper that is owned by the government and also available online for national and international readers.
Kwayedzad is a weekly newspaper in Zimbabwe newspapers in the Shona language that is owned by the Zimbabwe government.
Sunday News delivers relevant information, political articles, trending topics, and discussions to the Zimbabwean people.
Zimbabwean is a private newspaper among African newspapers in the English language that is distributed weekly in Harare since 2005.
B-Metro is a weekly tabloid formatted daily newspaper that reports on health, education, business, culture, and lifestyle.
Southern Eye is a widely known daily newspaper in the English language that is circulated in Harare, Zimbabwe & founded in 2013.
Read more African newspapers:
- Libya newspapers
- Madagascar newspapers
- Malawi newspapers
- Mali newspapers
- Mauritania newspapers
- Mauritius newspapers
- Mozambique newspapers
- Namibia newspapers
- Niger newspapers
- Nigeria newspapers
- Rwanda newspapers
Zimbabwe News Online
There are local and regional newspapers in Zimbabwe that serve the whole nation daily.
- Masvingo Mirror – Masvingo Mirror is a local newspaper among Zimbabwe newspapers in the English language.
- Chronicle – Chronicle covers Zimbabwe news now, Zimbabwe news 24, country news, and international news.
- H Metro – H Metro is an English-language news site that delivers Zimbabwe news24, Harare news, and African news.
- Patriot – Patriot is a national newspaper that covers political news, city news, world news, and African news.
- Tell Zim – Tell Zim is an English-language newspaper that contains national news, community news, and recent updates.
- Business Daily – Business Daily contains commercial news and financial news in the English language in Zimbabwe.
- iHarare – iHarare is a Harare-based online newspaper that reports news local news, regional news, and recent news.
- Zimbabwe Situation – Zimbabwe Situation is a Zimbabwean newspaper that reports news on health, technology, education, and society.
- TheZimbabweNewsLive – TheZimbabweNewsLive broadcasts Zimbabwean news, African news, international news, and cultural programs.
- Zim Eye – Zim Eye is an English-language news media that serves the latest news and trending news.
- Bulawayo24 – Bulawayo24 is an online news media that casts headlines, trending news, and breaking news of Zimbabwe.
- Zimbabwe Mail – Zimbabwe Mail is a common local newspaper in the English language for the Zimbabwean people.
- SW Radio Africa – Zimbabwe News – SW Radio Africa-Zimbabwe News is a major radio channel that casts country news, entertainment shows, and more.
- Zimbabwe Star – Zimbabwe Star is a popular news media that contains community news, cultural news, and events.
- ZBC News – ZBC News is an English-language daily newspaper among Zimbabwe newspapers.
- Voice of the People – Voice of the People provides Zimbabwe news 24, Harare news, and African news.
- Harare Post – Harare Post publishes world news, city news, national news, and Zimbabwe daily news.
- Business Weekly – Business Weekly is a business newspaper that is published weekly in Zimbabwe.
- Sun – Sun delivers political news, sports news, the latest news, and breaking news about Zimbabwe.
- Insider – Insider provides Zimbabwean news 24, Zimbabwe news now, and country news in the English language.
- Zim News – Zim News is a Zimbabwean newspaper that is available online for engaging global readers.
- Sport Brief – Sport Brief is a sports newspaper that provides football news, cricket news, and league sports news.
Hence, Zimbabwe newspapers try to spread the latest news of the country 24/7 to the Zimbabwean people.
Read international newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are some popular newspapers in Zimbabwe?
A: Some popular newspapers in Zimbabwe include The Herald, The Chronicle, The Sunday Mail, The Standard, and NewsDay.
Q: Where can I purchase Zimbabwe newspapers?
A: Zimbabwe newspapers can be purchased at newsstands, supermarkets, and street vendors throughout the country. Some newspapers also offer online editions that can be accessed through their websites.
Q: What type of content can I expect to find in Zimbabwe newspapers?
A: Zimbabwe newspapers typically cover local and international news, politics, business, sports, entertainment, and lifestyle topics. Some newspapers also have opinion sections where columnists share their views on current events.
Q: Are Zimbabwe newspapers available in languages other than English?
A: Yes, some newspapers in Zimbabwe are published in languages other than English, such as Shona and Ndebele. The majority of newspapers, however, are published in English.
Q: How often is daily news in Zimbabwe published?
A: Most Zimbabwe newspapers are published on a daily or weekly basis, although some may be published less frequently.
Q: Can I subscribe to Zimbabwe newspapers?
A: Yes, many Zimbabwe newspapers offer subscription services for both print and online editions. Subscribers often receive special discounts and access to exclusive content.
Q: How reliable is Zimbabwe news 24?
A: The reliability of Zimbabwe newspapers varies depending on the publication. Some newspapers have a reputation for unbiased reporting, while others may be accused of being partisan or sensationalist. It’s always a good idea to verify information from multiple sources before accepting it as fact.
Q: Can I submit a letter to the editor of a Zimbabwe newspaper?
A: Yes, many Zimbabwe newspapers welcome letters to the editor from readers. Guidelines for submitting letters can usually be found on the newspaper’s website or in the printed edition.
Q: Are Zimbabwe newspapers available online?
A: Yes, most Zimbabwe newspapers have online editions that can be accessed through their websites or through mobile apps. Some online editions may require a subscription or registration to access all content.