A list of Hawaii newspapers in the USA that contains sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, national news, and international news.
Hawaii is a renowned state in the United States, known for its beautiful natural beaches and scenery.
Table of Contents
About Hawaii Newspapers
Hawaii is home to a variety of newspapers, each with its own unique focus and audience. These newspapers cover news, politics, sports, entertainment, and other topics relevant to the people of Hawaii.
One of the most well-known newspapers in Hawaii is the Honolulu Star-Advertiser. The paper was created in 2010 when the Honolulu Star-Bulletin and The Honolulu Advertiser merged. The Honolulu Star-Advertiser is the largest daily newspaper in Hawaii and has a circulation of approximately 130,000.
The Hawaii Tribune-Herald is another prominent newspaper in the state. Based in Hilo on the Big Island, the paper has been in publication since 1962 and has a daily circulation of about 19,000. The Hawaii Tribune-Herald covers local news, sports, business, and entertainment and is distributed throughout Hawaii Island.
The Maui News is a daily newspaper based in Wailuku, Maui. The paper has been in publication since 1900 and has a daily circulation of approximately 12,000. The Maui News covers news and events happening on the island of Maui and is a popular source of information for residents and visitors alike.
Another well-known newspaper in Hawaii is West Hawaii Today. Based in Kailua-Kona on the Big Island, the paper has been in publication since 1980 and has a daily circulation of approximately 7,500. West Hawaii Today covers local news, sports, business, and entertainment and is distributed throughout West Hawaii.
In addition to these daily newspapers, there are also several weekly newspapers in Hawaii, such as the Hawaii Independent, the Garden Island, and the Honolulu Weekly. These papers focus on local news, events, and entertainment, and are popular among residents and visitors who are looking for a more in-depth look at life in Hawaii.
Overall, Hawaii’s newspapers play an important role in keeping residents and visitors informed about what’s happening in the state. From local news and events to national and international coverage, Hawaii’s newspapers provide a valuable resource for those seeking to stay up-to-date on the latest happenings in the Aloha State.
Top Hawaii Newspapers
Here are the top Hawaii newspapers in the English language given below.
Hawaii Tribune-Herald is one of the most-read Hawaii newspapers based in Hilo that is founded in 1895 in the English language.
Honolulu Star-Advertiser is one of the largest daily Hawaii newspapers along with its sister newspapers such as The Honolulu Advertiser & The Honolulu Star-Bulletin.
West Hawaii Today is one of the major Hawaii newspapers that is distributed to Kailua-Kona & owned by Oahu Publications.
Garden Island is a leading daily newspaper among American newspapers that serves the islands of Kauai and Niihau.
Maui News is a well-known regional newspaper in the English language that features local news of Maui, Lanai, and Molokai.
MidWeek is a common newspaper among US newspapers that publishes daily news, national news, and international news.
Molokai Dispatch is a widely known newspaper in the USA newspapers that is printed once a week in Hawaii.
North Shore News is a daily newspaper based in Haleiwa, the USA that delivers news on health, education, business, culture, and lifestyle.
Hawaii Army Weekly is a weekly newspaper in the English language that covers Schofield Barracks in Hawaii.
Hawaii Herald is a popular journal that is distributed twice a month to the Japanese-American community in Hawaii, USA.
Top States newspapers:
- California newspapers
- Texas newspapers
- Florida newspapers
- New York newspapers
- Pennsylvania newspapers
- Illinois newspapers
- Ohio newspapers
- Georgia newspapers
- North Carolina newspapers
- Michigan newspapers
Hawaii News Now
Hawaii news sites cover Hawaii news now, and Hawaii’s recent news for readers nationally and internationally.
- Hawaii Reporter – Hawaii Reporter is an online news site that gives updates on business news, sports news, political news, and more.
- Maui Time Weekly – Maui Time Weekly is a free alternative tabloid formatted newspaper among Hawaii newspapers that is based on Wailuku.
- Voice of Kapolei – Voice of Kapolei is a local newspaper among Hawaii newspapers that provides Honolulu news and country news online.
- Honolulu Civil Beat – Honolulu Civil Beat is an important newspaper in Hawaii that is focused on investigative news and crime news.
- Hawaii 24/7 – Hawaii 24/7 is an award-winner online news site in Honolulu, Hawaii that covers Hawaii island news that started in 2008.
- Lahaina News – Lahaina News provides relevant information, political articles, trending topics, and discussions.
- Westside Stories – Westside Stories publishes Hawaii facts, political news, article, and blogs to the Hawaii natives.
- HawaiiStar.com – HawaiiStar.com is a news portal that delivers trending news and the latest news of Hawaii.
- Filipino Chronicle – Filipino Chronicle is a weekly newspaper that serves the Filipino-American community.
- Fil-Am Voice – Fil-Am Voice is a bi-weekly newspaper that is run and operated by the students of the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Maui Now – Maui Now is an online newspaper among United States newspapers online that serves regularly Hawaii natives.
- The Maui News – The Maui News is a news portal in Hawaii that covers 24/7 coverage and breaking news of the US.
- Hawaii Public Radio – Hawaii Public Radio is a radio medium that casts Hawaii news, different programs, and shows to the Hawaii natives.
- Kitv – Kitv is a news media in Hawaii that broadcasts Honolulu news, world news, entertainment shows, and cultural programs.
Hence, Hawaii newspapers are an important part and parcel of the daily lives of Hawaii people.
Read international newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are some newspapers in Hawaii?
A: Some popular newspapers in Hawaii include the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, the Hawaii Tribune-Herald, The Maui News, and the Garden Island.
Q: What kind of news can I expect to find in Hawaii newspapers?
A: Hawaii newspapers cover a wide range of news topics, including local and state government, crime, education, sports, entertainment, and business. They also cover national and international news that may have an impact on Hawaii.
Q: Can I access Hawaii newspapers online?
A: Yes, many Hawaii newspapers have online editions that can be accessed through their websites. Some newspapers may require a subscription to access their online content.
Q: Are Hawaii newspapers available in languages other than English?
A: Some Hawaii newspapers offer content in languages other than English, such as Hawaiian, Japanese, and Chinese. However, English is the primary language used in most newspapers.
Q: Can I submit a letter to the editor of west Hawaii today?
A: Yes, many Hawaii newspapers accept letters to the editor from readers. Guidelines for submitting letters can usually be found on the newspaper’s website.
Q: How often are Hawaii newspapers online published?
A: Most Hawaii newspapers are published daily, although some smaller newspapers may only be published weekly.
Q: Can I subscribe to Hawaii news now for home delivery?
A: Yes, many Hawaii newspapers offer home delivery subscriptions. Subscription rates and options can usually be found on the newspaper’s website.
Q: Are Hawaii newspapers online affiliated with any political parties?
A: Hawaii newspapers strive to be impartial and unbiased in their reporting, and do not affiliate with any political parties. However, some newspapers may endorse political candidates during election season.
Q: How do I contact Hawaii newspapers if I have a news tip or a question?
A: Contact information for Hawaii newspapers can usually be found on their websites. You can typically reach them through email, phone, or social media.