A list Maryland newspapers in the USA that cover sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, national news, and international news.
Maryland is a leading state among the United States, is known for Baltimore, baseball & historic sites.
About Maryland Newspapers
Maryland is home to a variety of newspapers that provide a range of news and information to its residents. From major newspapers with statewide circulation to smaller local publications, Maryland’s newspapers cover a diverse range of topics and issues that are important to the state’s residents.
One of the most prominent newspapers in Maryland is The Baltimore Sun. Founded in 1837, The Baltimore Sun is the largest newspaper in the state, with a daily circulation of over 100,000. The paper covers local and state news, as well as national and international news, sports, and entertainment. It has won numerous Pulitzer Prizes for its journalism, including for investigative reporting, breaking news coverage, and feature writing.
Another well-known newspaper in Maryland is The Capital Gazette, based in Annapolis. The paper covers news and events in Anne Arundel County and surrounding areas, including state government news from the capital city of Annapolis. The Capital Gazette gained national attention in 2018 when five of its employees were killed in a shooting at the newspaper’s office.
Maryland also has a number of smaller, community-focused newspapers that serve specific regions of the state. The Frederick News-Post, for example, covers news and events in Frederick County, while The Daily Record covers legal and business news in the Baltimore area. Other local newspapers include The Cumberland Times-News, The Hagerstown Herald-Mail, and The Enterprise in Southern Maryland.
In addition to traditional print newspapers, Maryland also has several online-only news sources, such as Maryland Matters and Baltimore Brew. These publications offer in-depth coverage of local and state news, often with a focus on politics and government.
Overall, Maryland’s newspapers provide a vital source of information and news for its residents, covering a wide range of topics and issues. Whether it’s major breaking news or hyper-local coverage of community events, Maryland’s newspapers play an important role in keeping residents informed and engaged.
Top Maryland Newspapers
Here are the top Maryland newspapers in the English language given below.
Annapolis Gazette is one of the widely circulated Maryland newspapers that serves Anne Arundel & Queen Anne’s daily.
Cumberland Times-News is one of the most read Maryland newspapers in the USA that is published in Cumberland.
Star-Democrat? Sunday Star is a daily newspaper among American newspapers in the English language based in Easton, Maryland.
Frederick News-Post (FNP)
Frederick News-Post is a daily broadsheet formatted newspaper that is published in Frederick county, Maryland.
Herald-Mail is a broadsheet formatted daily newspaper that is available in Hagerstown, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and more in the American English language.
Daily Times is an English language broadsheet formatted daily newspaper that is distributed in Salisbury, Maryland since 1886.
Carroll County Times
Carroll County Times is a leading weekly newspaper among Maryland newspapers with its sister newspapers named The Community Times, Homes Magazine, etc.
Bay Weekly is an Annapolis-based regional newspaper that is printed once a week among the American best newspapers.
Bayside Gazette is a well-known local newspaper that provides national news, daily USA news, and international news.
Kent County News
Kent County News is a city newspaper that reports on health, education, business, culture, and lifestyle.
Top United States newspapers:
- California newspapers
- Texas newspapers
- Florida newspapers
- New York newspapers
- Pennsylvania newspapers
- Illinois newspapers
- Ohio newspapers
- Georgia newspapers
- North Carolina newspapers
- Michigan newspapers
Baltimore News Online
Maryland news sites cover 24/7 USA news, world news, and Baltimore news to the American natives.
- County Times – County Times covers city news, country news, and national news to the Maryland people.
- Guilford Gazette – Guilford Gazette reports on Maryland news now, Maryland news today, and USA daily news.
- Dundalk Eagle – Dundalk Eagle is a community newspaper that is also available online based in Dundalk.
- The Kent Island Bay Times – The Kent Island Bay Times is a tabloid formatted weekly newspaper in Stevensville, Maryland.
- Cecil Whig – Cecil Whig is a regional newspaper that is published twice a week in Cecil county, Maryland.
- Catoctin Banner – Catoctin Banner publishes Maryland news now, USA news, and American news in the English language.
- Republican – Republican delivers relevant information, political articles, trending topics, and discussions.
- Montgomery County Sentinel – Montgomery County Sentinel is a common newspaper that is distributed in Rockville, Maryland.
- Prince George’s Post – Prince George’s Post is a nondaily news site in Maryland that is available for global readers.
- Diamondback – Diamondback is a student-run newspaper by the University of Maryland in the English language.
- Greyhound – Greyhound is a student newspaper that is operated by the Loyola University of Maryland.
- News Letter – News Letter provides campus news, events, and updates at John Hopkins University, Maryland.
- Retriever – Retriever is another student newspaper by the UMBC in the English language in the USA.
- MD-DE-DC Press Association – MD-DE-DC Press Association is an association that runs and controls all the newspapers published in Maryland.
Hence, Maryland newspapers are an important part of the day-to-day life of the Maryland people.
Read popular newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What newspapers are available in Maryland?
A: Maryland has several newspapers available, including The Baltimore Sun, The Washington Post, The Capital Gazette, The Frederick News-Post, The Daily Record, and The Herald-Mail.
Q: Where can I buy newspapers in Maryland?
A: Newspapers can be purchased at most convenience stores, gas stations, and grocery stores throughout Maryland. Some newspapers may also offer home delivery services.
Q: How do I subscribe to a Maryland newspaper?
A: Most Maryland newspapers offer online subscription services through their websites. Alternatively, you can contact the newspaper’s customer service department to subscribe.
Q: Are there any free newspapers available in Maryland?
A: Yes, some newspapers in Maryland are distributed for free, such as The Baltimore City Paper and The Baltimore Examiner.
Q: Can I access Maryland newspapers online?
A: Yes, most Maryland newspapers have online editions that can be accessed through their websites. Some may require a subscription to access certain articles or features.
Q: What types of content can I expect to find in Maryland newspapers?
A: Maryland newspapers cover a variety of topics, including local and national news, sports, business, entertainment, and opinion pieces.
Q: Are there any newspapers in Maryland that focus on a specific region or community?
A: Yes, there are several Maryland newspapers that focus on specific regions or communities, such as The Howard County Times and The Montgomery County Sentinel.
Q: How often are Maryland newspapers published?
A: Most Maryland newspapers are published daily, while others may be published weekly or bi-weekly.
Q: Can I submit a letter to the editor of a Maryland newspaper?
A: Yes, many Maryland newspapers allow readers to submit letters to the editor. Guidelines for submission can usually be found on the newspaper’s website or in the print edition.
Q: Are top Maryland newspapers available in languages other than English?
A: Some Maryland newspapers offer content in languages other than English, such as Spanish. However, the majority of newspapers in Maryland are published in English.