A list of New Hampshire newspapers that cover USA news, sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, national news, and international news.
New Hampshire is an original state in the United States which is known as the Switzerland of America, also Mother of River.
Table of Contents
About New Hampshire Newspapers
New Hampshire is home to several newspapers that serve as a primary source of news and information for its residents. These newspapers cover a wide range of topics including politics, sports, entertainment, and local events.
One of the most prominent newspapers in the state is the New Hampshire Union Leader, which is based in Manchester. The newspaper was founded in 1863 and has since become a leading source of news and information for the region. It covers local and state news, as well as national and international news of interest to its readers. The Union Leader has won numerous awards for its journalism, including several Pulitzer Prizes.
Another major newspaper in the state is the Concord Monitor, which is based in Concord. The newspaper was founded in 1808 and is one of the oldest continuously published newspapers in the country. The Concord Monitor covers news and events in the central New Hampshire region, including politics, sports, and community events. The newspaper has won several Pulitzer Prizes for its reporting.
In addition to these major newspapers, there are several other newspapers that serve specific regions or communities within the state. For example, the Keene Sentinel covers news and events in the Monadnock region of the state, while the Portsmouth Herald covers news and events in the Seacoast region. Other notable newspapers in the state include the Nashua Telegraph, Foster’s Daily Democrat, and the Valley News.
In recent years, many newspapers in New Hampshire, like other states, have faced financial challenges due to declining readership and advertising revenue. However, these newspapers remain a crucial source of information for their communities, providing coverage of local events and issues that might not be covered by national news outlets. As such, they play an important role in promoting civic engagement and informed decision-making in the state.
Top New Hampshire Newspapers
Here are the top New Hampshire newspapers in the English language mentioned below.
Berlin Daily Sun is a leading free tabloid formatted daily New Hampshire newspaper in the English language founded in 1992.
Foster’s Daily Democrat is a major national newspaper with its sister newspaper named New Hampshire Sunday News.
Sentinel is one of the oldest independent New Hampshire newspapers that has won many national awards in the USA.
Laconia Daily Sun is a free tabloid formatted daily newspaper with its sister newspapers The Conway Daily Sun, and Berlin Daily Sun.
Telegraph which is widely known as Nashua Telegraph is one of the largest New Hampshire newspapers based in Nashua since 1832.
Another popular free daily newspaper in New Hampshire is Conway Daily Sun along with several newspapers such as Laconia Daily Sun, and Berlin Daily Sun.
Union Leader publishes news on health, education, business, culture, and lifestyle to the New Hampshire people, US.
Portsmouth Herald is a widely circulated daily newspaper among New Hampshire newspapers that is owned by Gannett.
Amherst Citizen expresses relevant information, political articles, trending topics, and discussions in New Hampshire.
Eagle Times is a broadsheet formatted daily newspaper in New Hampshire that reports on local news, national news, and international news.
Top United States newspapers:
- California newspapers
- Texas newspapers
- Florida newspapers
- New York newspapers
- Pennsylvania newspapers
- Illinois newspapers
- Ohio newspapers
- Georgia newspapers
- North Carolina newspapers
- Michigan newspapers
New Hampshire Online News
New Hampshire has many local and regional newspapers to serve the New Hampshire people.
- Colebrook Chronicle – Colebrook Chronicle is a weekly regional newspaper that serves the Colebrook region.
- News and Sentinel – Another weekly local newspaper in Colebrook is News and Sentinel in the English language.
- Concord Insider – Concord Insider provides New Hampshire daily news in the Concord region, USA.
- Derry News – Derry News is a common daily newspaper covering community news that is distributed in Derry.
- Carriage Towne News – Carriage Towne News publishes local news, city news, and events once a week in America.
- Londonderry Times – Londonderry Times is distributed in Londonderry, the USA in the English language to the American natives.
- Nutfield News – Nutfield News is a well-known community newspaper that also serves in Londonderry, America.
- Tri-Town Times – Tri-Town Times delivers New Hampshire news now, New Hampshire news today, and New Hampshire online news.
- Hippo Press – Hippo Press is an independent free weekly news media that is based in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- New Hampshire Business Review – New Hampshire Business Review gives updates on financial and commercial news twice a month.
- Cabinet Press – Cabinet Press is a New Hampshire news site that features American daily news, European news, and world news.
- Bridge Weekly – Bridge Weekly is a weekly news portal in New Hampshire that reports on social news, cultural news, and community updates.
- Intertown Record – Intertown Record delivers the recent news, current affairs, and issues to the New Hampshire people.
- Merrimack Valley Voice – Merrimack Valley Voice is an English-language online news site in New Hampshire for New Hampshire natives.
- New Hampshire Gazette – New Hampshire Gazette is one of the oldest New Hampshire newspapers that is also non profit and published twice a week.
- Raymond Area News – Raymond Area news provides city news, business news, farm news, and social economic news.
- Rumbo – Rumbo is an online newspaper in New Hampshire that covers the latest news in America.
- Valley News – Valley News delivers community news, county news, American daily news, and international news.
- Granite State News – Granite State News is a weekly newspaper featuring New Hampshire news now, and New Hampshire news today.
- Dartmouth – Dartmouth is a student-run newspaper among New Hampshire newspapers by Dartmouth College.
- Dartmouth Review – Dartmouth Review is another student newspaper that publishes twice a week in the US.
Moreover, New Hampshire news sites also try to cover 24/7 online news including New Hampshire newspapers.
Read international newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are some major newspapers in New Hampshire?
A: Some major newspapers in New Hampshire include the New Hampshire Union Leader, the Concord Monitor, the Nashua Telegraph, the Portsmouth Herald, and the Keene Sentinel.
Q: How can I subscribe to a New Hampshire newspaper?
A: You can subscribe to a New Hampshire newspaper by visiting the newspaper’s website and selecting the subscription option. Alternatively, you can call the newspaper’s customer service department to subscribe over the phone.
Q: What is the largest newspaper in New Hampshire?
A: The New Hampshire Union Leader is the largest newspaper in New Hampshire, with a daily circulation of over 45,000.
Q: What types of news coverage can I expect from a New Hampshire newspaper?
A: New Hampshire newspapers typically cover local news, state politics, business news, sports, and entertainment. Some newspapers also cover national and international news.
Q: Are New Hampshire newspapers available online?
A: Yes, most New Hampshire newspapers are available online. You can visit the newspaper’s website to access its online content.
Q: How often are New Hampshire newspapers published?
A: Most New Hampshire newspapers are published daily, although some smaller newspapers may only be published once or twice a week.
Q: Can I submit a letter to the editor of a New Hampshire newspaper?
A: Yes, most New Hampshire newspapers accept letters to the editor. You can usually submit your letter online or by email.
Q: How can I contact a New Hampshire newspaper with a news tip or story idea?
A: You can contact a New Hampshire newspaper with a news tip or story idea by calling the newspaper’s newsroom or by emailing the newspaper’s editor or news staff. Contact information is usually available on the newspaper’s website.
Q: Are there any free New Hampshire newspapers?
A: Yes, there are some free newspapers in New Hampshire, such as the Hippo Press in Manchester and the Monadnock Ledger-Transcript in Peterborough.
Q: Can I cancel my New Hampshire newspaper subscription at any time?
A: Yes, most New Hampshire newspapers allow you to cancel your subscription at any time. Contact the newspaper’s customer service department for information on canceling your subscription.