A list of Minnesota newspapers that cover USA news, sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, national news, and international news.
Minnesota is one of the largest and most populous states in the United States which is known for its lakes, and rivers and also has the biggest Mall of America.
About Minnesota Newspapers
Minnesota has a rich history of newspapers, dating back to the mid-19th century. The state’s first newspaper, the Minnesota Pioneer, was published in 1849 in Saint Paul, which remains the state capital and the center of Minnesota’s newspaper industry.
Over the years, Minnesota has been home to a diverse array of newspapers, ranging from small-town weeklies to large metropolitan dailies. Some of the state’s most notable newspapers include the Star Tribune, the Pioneer Press, the Duluth News Tribune, the Rochester Post-Bulletin, and the St. Cloud Times.
The Star Tribune is the largest newspaper in Minnesota and is based in Minneapolis. It was formed in 1982 by the merger of the Minneapolis Star and the Minneapolis Tribune, both of which had long histories in the city. The Star Tribune has won numerous Pulitzer Prizes for its reporting, including a 2020 award for a series on child abuse in Minnesota.
The Pioneer Press is based in Saint Paul and is the state’s second-largest newspaper. It was founded in 1849 and has a long history of covering local news in the Twin Cities area. The Pioneer Press has won several Pulitzer Prizes, including one in 1986 for a series on hazardous waste disposal.
The Duluth News Tribune is the largest newspaper in northern Minnesota and covers news in the Duluth-Superior metropolitan area. It was founded in 1869 and has a long history of covering the region’s shipping industry, as well as local politics and culture.
The Rochester Post-Bulletin is based in Rochester, home to the world-renowned Mayo Clinic. The newspaper was founded in 1925 and has won several awards for its investigative reporting. The Post-Bulletin also covers news in nearby communities such as Austin and Red Wing.
The St. Cloud Times is based in St. Cloud, a city located about an hour northwest of Minneapolis. The newspaper was founded in 1861 and has won several awards for its reporting, including a Pulitzer Prize in 1930 for a series on organized crime in the Midwest.
In addition to these newspapers, Minnesota is home to many smaller community newspapers that serve towns and cities across the state. These newspapers play an important role in keeping residents informed about local news and events.
Overall, Minnesota has a vibrant and diverse newspaper industry that reflects the state’s rich history and culture. Whether you’re looking for coverage of national news or local events, there’s sure to be a Minnesota newspaper that can provide the information you need.
Top Minnesota Newspapers
Here are the top Minnesota newspapers in the English language mentioned below.
Tribune is one of the most read Minnesota newspapers in the American language. The daily newspaper is available in Albert Lea since 1897.
Austin Daily Herald
Austin Daily Herald is a leading newspaper among Minnesota newspapers that also publishes The Shopping News in the USA.
Pioneer is a popular business newspaper that delivers commercial news, local news, license application, and financial news in Minnesota, America.
Brainerd Dispatch is a daily American newspaper in the English language with its sister newspaper PineandLakes Echo Journal.
Times is an American English language newspaper that is also available online for global readers since 1998 in Minnesota.
Detroit Lakes Tribune (DNT)
Detroit Lakes Tribune covers national news, USA daily news, and international news that is based in Duluth, Minnesota.
Duluth News-Tribune is one of the highest circulated Minnesota newspapers in Duluth & has an online newspaper.
Mankato Free Press
Mankato Free Press is a broadsheet formatted newspaper that also publishes Mankato Magazine and The Land.
Pioneer Press is a local broadsheet formatted newspaper that serves Saint Paul, Minnesota owned by Digital First Media.
Journal is a well-known regional newspaper in the American English language that is distributed in New Ulm, Minnesota, USA.
Top United States newspapers:
- California newspapers
- Texas newspapers
- Florida newspapers
- New York newspapers
- Pennsylvania newspapers
- Illinois newspapers
- Ohio newspapers
- Georgia newspapers
- North Carolina newspapers
- Michigan newspapers
Minnesota Newspapers List
There are many community newspapers in Minnesota to serve the local American people.
- People’s Press – People’s Press publishes news on culture, real estate, media, politics, and more.
- Post-Bulletin – Post-Bulletin is an English-language local newspaper for Minnesota people.
- St. Cloud Times – St. Cloud Times features regional news, community news, and events for the American people.
- Mesabi Daily News – Mesabi Daily News delivers news on health, education, business, culture, and lifestyle.
- West Central Tribune – West Central Tribune reports on community business, fairs, sports, and activities.
- Winona Daily News – Winona Daily News is a regional newspaper that is based in Winona.
- Daily Globe – Daily Globe publishes Minnesota daily news, Minnesota news now, and world news.
- Nobles County Review – Nobles County Review is a city newspaper that casts American daily news.
- Aitkin Independent Age – Aitkin Independent Age is an independent nondaily newspaper in Minnesota.
- Echo Press – Echo Press represents breaking news, current news, and headlines of Minnesota.
- Advocate – Advocate covers relevant information, political articles, blogs, and trending topics.
- Sun Thisweek – Sun Thisweek is a weekly newspaper among Minnesota newspapers in the English language.
- Arlington Enterprise – Arlington Enterprise delivers Minnesota news online, European news, county news, and world news.
- Swift County Monitor – Swift County Monitor reports city news, business news, farm news, and social economic news.
- Wright County Journal Press – Wright County Journal Press casts national news, entertainment shows, and different types of programs.
- Caledonia Argus – Caledonia Argus is an online newspaper that covers the latest news in America.
- Chanhassen Villager – Chanhassen Villager features the latest news, breaking news, issues, and headlines in America.
- Chaska Herald – Chaska Herald highlights daily USA news, world news, and European news among Minnesota newspapers.
- Independent News Herald – Independent News Herald presents socio-economical news, local news, and agricultural news.
- Pine Journal – Pine Journal is a local newspaper in the English language that serves Minnesota.
- ABC Newspapers – ABC Newspapers features Minnesota online news with the breaking news.
- Eden Prairie News -Eden Prairie News is circulated regularly in Eden Prairie county, Minnesota.
- Ely Echo – Ely Echo gives updates on political articles, and trending topics to the Minnesota people.
- Daily News – Daily News provides social news, American news, health news, and technology news.
- Edgerton Enterprise – Edgerton Enterprise publishes Minnesota breaking news and Minnesota daily news.
- Grant County Herald – Grant County Herald is distributed in Elbow Lake for American natives.
- Forest Lake Times – Forest Lake Times is an English-language newspaper among Minnesota newspapers.
- Hutchinson Leader – Hutchinson Leader is a city newspaper that is located in Hutchinson.
Minnesota News Online
Minnesota news sites are active to serve the nation 24/7 online and globally.
- Pope County Tribune – Pope County Tribune is a national newspaper online in Minnesota.
- Advocate-Tribune – Advocate-Tribune provides Minnesota daily news, Minnesota news today, and European news.
- Star – Star provides relevant information, political articles, trending topics, and discussions.
- Star Gazette – Star Gazette is an English language new site that is available online for readers around the world.
- Jordan Independent – Jordan Independent is an independent news portal that provides Minnesota 24/7 news.
- Long Prairie Leader – Long Prairie Leader gives updates on political articles, and trending topics.
- Morrison County Record – Another domestic newspaper in Little Falls is Morrison County Record.
- Montevideo American News – Montevideo American News delivers American breaking news up to date.
- Concordian – Concordian publishes news on culture, real estate, media, politics, and more.
- New Prague Times – New Prague Times features the latest news, breaking news, issues, and headlines in the USA.
- Northfield News – Northfield News covers daily USA news, world news, and European news.
- Press & News – Press & News delivers Minnesota daily news, Minnesota news now, and international news.
- Park Rapids Enterprise – Park Rapids Enterprise delivers socio-economical news, local news, and agricultural news.
- Paynesville Press – Paynesville Press telecasts national news, entertainment shows, and different types of programs.
- Pine River Journal – Pine River Journal is a familiar Minnesota online newspaper for the USA peoples.
- Redwood Gazette – Redwood Gazette is a domestic newspaper that is available in Redwood Falls.
- Herald Dispatch – Herald Dispatch is a regional newspaper among Minnesota newspapers.
- Plaindealer – Plaindealer provides city news, business news, farm news, and social economic news.
- Circle Online -Circle Online provides breaking news, current news, and headlines about Minnesota.
- Thief River Falls Times – Thief River Falls Times publishes legal notices, articles, and guidelines.
- Timberjay – Timberjay provides social news, American news, health news, and technology news.
- Headlight Herald – Headlight Herald is an online newspaper that covers the latest news in America.
- Sun Patriot – Sun Patriot is a community newspaper that casts American news and USA news.
- Pioneer Journal – Pioneer Journal delivers business news, finance news, and commerce news.
- Lakeshore Weekly News – Lakeshore Weekly News is a weekly online newspaper in America.
- Pilot-Independent – Pilot Independent is an independent online newspaper in Minnesota.
- Cottonwood County Citizen – Cottonwood County Citizen presents community business, fairs, sports, and youth news.
- Winona Post – Winona Post distributes community news and events to the Minnesota people.
- Herald Journal – Herald Journal reports on health, education, business, culture, and lifestyle.
- Mac Weekly – Mac Weekly is a student-run newspaper that also publishes magazines weekly in Macalester College.
- Minnesota Daily – Minnesota Daily is a weekly campus newspaper that is published at the University of Minnesota.
- Minnesota Newspaper Association – Minnesota Newspaper Association is an association that represents all the newspapers published in Minnesota.
In fact, Minnesota newspapers are on social media platforms to keep connected with readers.
Read international newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are some of the top newspapers in Minnesota?
A: Some of the top newspapers in Minnesota include the Star Tribune, the Pioneer Press, the Duluth News Tribune, and the Rochester Post Bulletin.
Q: How can I access Minnesota newspapers online?
A: Most Minnesota newspapers have an online version of their publication, which can be accessed through their website. Some newspapers may require a subscription to access certain articles or content.
Q: Are Minnesota newspapers only available in English?
A: Most Minnesota newspapers are primarily in English, but some also offer content in other languages, such as Spanish, Hmong, or Somali, to reflect the state’s diverse population.
Q: Can I submit a letter to the editor of a Minnesota daily newspaper?
A: Yes, most Minnesota newspapers accept letters to the editor from readers. The guidelines for submitting a letter can usually be found on the newspaper’s website.
Q: Are top Minnesota newspapers biased towards a particular political affiliation?
A: Minnesota newspapers strive to provide objective news coverage and editorial content, but like all media outlets, they may have their own editorial slant or bias. It’s important to read a variety of news sources to get a well-rounded view of current events.
Q: How can I stay up to date on Minnesota news if I don’t have access to a newspaper?
A: In addition to newspapers, there are other sources for Minnesota news, such as local television and radio stations, online news websites, and social media platforms. The Minnesota Public Radio News and the Minnesota Department of Health both offer free email newsletters with updates on news and events in the state.
Q: Are Minnesota digital newspapers only focused on the local news?
A: While local news is an important focus for Minnesota newspapers, they also cover state, national, and international news, as well as sports, business, and entertainment.
Q: Can I advertise in a Minnesota newspaper?
A: Yes, most Minnesota newspapers offer advertising options, such as display ads, classified ads, and online ads. Contact the newspaper’s advertising department for more information.