A list of Ghana newspapers that provide sports news, political news, entertainment news, business news, daily news, country news, and African news.
Ghana is a less developed country in the world and one of the fastest-growing economical countries in Africa. The country is situated in Western Africa known for cocoa, wildlife, and natural beauties globally.
Table of Contents
About Ghana Newspapers
Ghana has a vibrant and diverse media landscape, with newspapers playing a significant role in shaping public opinion and providing information to citizens. Ghana newspapers cover a wide range of topics, including politics, business, sports, entertainment, and culture.
Some of the most popular newspapers in Ghana include:
- Daily Graphic: Daily Graphic is the largest circulation newspaper in Ghana, with a daily circulation of over 100,000 copies. It covers national and international news, business, sports, entertainment, and politics. It is known for its in-depth coverage and analysis of current events.
- The Ghanaian Times: The Ghanaian Times is a daily newspaper that covers national and international news, business, sports, entertainment, and politics. It is owned by the state and is known for its objective reporting and in-depth analysis.
- The Daily Guide: The Daily Guide is a privately owned daily newspaper that covers national and international news, business, sports, entertainment, and politics. It is known for its investigative journalism and in-depth coverage of political events.
- The Finder: The Finder is a privately owned weekly newspaper that covers national and international news, business, sports, entertainment, and politics. It is known for its objective reporting and in-depth analysis.
- The New Crusading Guide: The New Crusading Guide is a privately owned daily newspaper that covers national and international news, business, sports, entertainment, and politics. It is known for its investigative journalism and in-depth coverage of political events.
Apart from these mainstream newspapers, there are several other newspapers and news websites in Ghana that cater to specific regions, languages, or communities. These include The Daily Statesman, The Chronicle, The Heritage, The Ghanaian Observer, and Ghanaweb.com.
Overall, Ghana newspapers play an important role in shaping public opinion and providing information to citizens. They are known for their objective reporting, in-depth analysis, and investigative journalism, and they continue to be a trusted source of news and information in Ghana.
Top Ghana Newspapers
Right now, we will provide you with the top Ghana newspapers below here.
Daily Graphic is a leading daily newspaper in Ghana newspapers printed in the English language. The newspaper is the official newspaper in the country since 1950.
Ghanaian Times is a daily newspaper that is owned by the Ghanaian government. The English language top newspaper was established in 1957 in Accra.
Daily Guide is the most circulated daily newspaper among Ghana newspapers. The private independent newspaper started in 1984 based in Accra, Ghana.
YEN is an online Ghanaian news site that features political updates, world news, business news, ghana entertainment news, and Ghana current news daily.
Herald is a popular newspaper in Ghana in the English language that covers news on health, education, business, culture, and lifestyle.
Ghana Soccer Net is a sports-based newspaper in Ghana that provides sports news, football news, and international sports updates to Ghanaians.
Pulse covers breaking news, Ghana’s latest news, Ghana trending news & top stories of Africa regularly to the Ghana people in the English language.
Modern Ghana is a privately owned daily newspaper in Ghana owned by Modern Ghana Media Communication Limited since 2005.
Business Ghana is a business-oriented newspaper in Ghana that provides farm, business, economic, investment, and socio-economical updates to Ghanaians.
Business & Financial Times is a private independent business newspaper in Ghana. The top Ghanaian newspaper mainly publishes business, economical and financial updates.
Read more African newspapers:
- Algeria newspapers
- Angola newspapers
- Benin newspapers
- Botswana newspapers
- Burkina Faso newspapers
- Burundi newspapers
- Cameroon newspapers
- Cape Verde newspapers
- Central African Republic newspapers
- Chad newspapers
- Comoros newspapers
- Congo newspapers
- Djibouti newspapers
- Egypt newspapers
- Equatorial Guinea newspapers
- Eritrea newspapers
- Ethiopia newspapers
- Gabon newspapers
- Gambia newspapers
Ghana News Online
Since English is the official language of Ghana so the news media here is in the same language, although the French language is also taught widely in the country.
- Ghana Review International – Ghana Review International is an independent news agency in Ghana that is owned by Macromedia Consultants Ltd.
- GH Base – GH Base contains mainly Ghana entertainment news, cultural news, events, and social updates for the African people.
- Ghana Web – Ghana Web is an online news portal that distributes sports news, business news, entertainment news, African news, and casts tv programs.
- Citi Newsroom – Citi Newsroom reports on current news, Ghana facts, daily news, international news, and African news in the English language to the Ghana people.
- Finder – Finder is an online news media that gives 24/7 coverage, breaking news in Ghana today, and current news in Ghana.
- Business Ghana – Business Ghana is a financial and commercial newspaper that publishes investment, banking, business, and economical updates.
- GH Headlines – GH Headlines is a Ghanaian news provider that publishes articles, and blogs from other different new sources in the English language.
- Chronicle – Chronicle is the biggest independent private newspaper among Ghana newspapers that provides Ghana news regularly.
- Today – Today is a top newspaper among African newspapers that has different sections of news such as technology, business, entertainment, and international news.
- Ghana Man Sports – Ghana Man Sports is a common newspaper that is focused on the latest news of sports, updates, and events in Ghana sports newspapers.
- Peace FM – Peace FM is a common radio channel that casts different programs on Ghana breaking news, Ghana news today, and other enjoyable programs for the Ghana people.
- Ghana Star – Ghana Star is a Ghana entertainment news broadcaster that keeps up-to-date cultural programs, Ghana news, and community events.
- Buzz Ghana – Buzz Ghana is an online newspaper that contains mainly Ghana entertainment news, cultural events along with African entertainment affairs.
- Ghana News Agency – Ghana News Agency is a very familiar news agency in Ghana that features relevant information, political articles, and Ghana trending news.
Hence, Ghana newspapers play as a mirror to observe the daily lives of the Ghanaians.
Read international newspapers in Newspapers Store.
Q: What are some popular newspapers in Ghana?
Some popular newspapers in Ghana include Daily Graphic, Ghanaian Times, The Ghanaian Chronicle, The Daily Statesman, The Finder, The New Crusading Guide, The Business and Financial Times, and The Daily Dispatch.
Q: Are these newspapers available in print or online format?
Most of these newspapers are available both in print and online format. You can purchase print editions from newsstands or subscribe to the online versions to access them on your computer or mobile device.
Q: How frequently are these newspapers published?
Most of these newspapers are published daily, except for The Business and Financial Times, which is published twice a week.
Q: What topics do daily Graphic ghana cover?
These newspapers cover a wide range of topics, including politics, business, sports, entertainment, health, education, and more.
Q: Can I read Ghanaian newspapers in English?
Yes, most Ghanaian newspapers are written in English, which is one of the official languages of Ghana. However, some newspapers may also include articles written in local languages, such as Twi or Ga.
Q: Can I access the Ghanaian Times newspaper today from outside the country?
Yes, most Ghanaian newspapers have online editions that are accessible from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
Q: How can I submit a letter to the editor or contribute an article to a Ghanaian times?
Most Ghanaian newspapers have contact information, including email addresses and phone numbers, that you can use to reach out to the editorial team. Some newspapers also have submission guidelines on their websites.